Not Engaged Yet
Options

No vacation for me this year. :(

BF and I can't afford to go on vacation by ourselves, so we were planning on going with his parents to the beach for a week.  They bailed.. again (they did this again last year, said they were going until a month until we go and then say they don't want to) and we have to cancel everything.

I was so looking forward to this vacation that I planned my summer classes to only being in first session (and totally overloading myself, i should have spaced it out) because the week we were going was going to be the week of second session exams.

I'm mostly just disappointed that they bailed on us again after we all made plans.  We both got off work and everything.

:( I need a break!
Anniversary

Re: No vacation for me this year. :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww that sucks. My IL's do this too - a couple of years ago they said we'd all take a trip to Canada so DH and I get our work schedules worked out so we'll be off and less than a month they're all J/K we decided we don't want to go afterall! I just don't trust them to actually do what they say they will anymore and don't make any real plans with them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Narwhal : ( Can you do a psuedo vacation? Go for a couple nights to a nearby city or go camping or something just the two of you but something cheap? I think that if you already have the time off you should try to do something, even if it's just a day trip.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, hopefully we will be ably to take a small trip to Atlanta or something.  I was just looking forward to an overnight trip without my parents giving me the side eye about staying overnight together.  I know it doesn't matter what my parents think, I could just do without the assuming that we're dropping trough without chaperones. 

We're grown ass people. />:|

...I'm just in a bad mood.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yuck. I'm sorry! I know what it's like not wanting your parents being all weird about spending the night together. Back during the first year we were dating, I told my parents I was going to spend the night at FI's my mom starting freaking out telling me that she wanted me to finish college (I was a senior at the time) and didn't want me to get pregnant. It was horrifying at the time but we laugh about it now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh.  That sucks.  Hopefully, you are able to do something fun.   Maybe you could do a bunch of day trips since you will both have the week off.  Think of all the stuff you might want to do in the area, but never have enough time to do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha yeah KD. My dad's just like "that doesn't look good, you know." 
    They don't tell me not to do it.. they know I would do it anyway.  They just make it awkward enough to deter me.

You're right Mutley. There's a lot of stuff lately that we've been complaining that we have been planning on doing but haven't had the time for.  That'd be perfect.  We can make it like a bunch of little vacations in the same time we would have taken for one.  And we won't have his 13 year old brother hanging around. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents were the same way about BF and I going on trips alone at first. It's not like they cared but they didn't look right. Now it's too the point where we have a great opportunity to go places and see all sorts of things we wouldn't see so they say go for it and make sure you bring a postcard home (I refuse to send after our Ft Lauderdale incident).

Anywhere without 13 yr old brother is a plus. I've had BF's 14 year old sister up my hind end all week, I need a break. I love her, but sometimes I want to smother her with a pillow.

You could always do what my friend from work does when her and her BF go OOT. Tell mom and dad it's a group trip for (insert class) and make up a permission slip.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bah! That sucks Narwhal.  Sorry about that!  I like Mutley's idea tho - go on a bunch of smaller trips.  Some of the best vacay's FI and I have gone on have been just a day or two!  (Except Cuba...dear lord I could live there and it would be a wonderful vacation/life)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    CT324CT324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stinks but I do agree with the other ladies try and make the most of it.  Try to go away somewhere over night or just do some of the things you never get to do.  We were going to go to Florida for vacation my family has a vacation condo there but now we dont know if my BF will have a job come september.  He is a teacher in NJ and we have a ton of cuts going on right now.  We both have a week off in august.  We are going to take day trips to the beach and go to NYC to just walk around for the day.  Sometimes its just nice to have some time off together.  We own a home so I am sure we will also just try to get some things done around our house too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards