Not Engaged Yet

Apartment update!

BF and I turned in an application yesterday for an apartment we love. Got the call back today and we're going to sign the lease tonight!!! I'm so flippin' excited. It has EVERYTHING I was hoping for, even after coming to the sad realization that I'd have to compromise on something. It's a 2 bed, 2 bath with private entrance/garage, cathedral ceilings/sky lighting, w/d in unit, central air, dishwasher and PLENTY of space.

Plus, they don't charge an extra pet deposit OR pet rent for the kitties and it's less than any of the other places we looked at. Only reason I found out about this place is cause BFs mom happened to give us the paper on Sunday when we were visiting.

So happy. :)

Re: Apartment update!

• Woo! That's very exciting :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apartment-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1e78432c-0b82-4b14-8a23-6d8cfe7f45d9Post:f77e8679-2046-408b-8d8f-0e7ce1fbd9d9">Re: Apartment update!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woo! That's very exciting :)
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • That's great news congratulations!
  • That's awesome, Mel!! :) I am still working on getting BF to agree on anything!! He changes his mind every six seconds. I'm glad it all worked out for you!!
  • Congrats on the new apartment! Sounds beautiful! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • wow it sounds amazing. Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Aww you guys are awesome :) Thank you!!! The neighborhood is good safety-wise. Still a bit further from our jobs than we prefer to be, but with it having everything else, I'm certainly not complaining. It's close enough to both our families, which is more important anyway.
  • Congrats! Very exciting!
    5/27/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apartment-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1e78432c-0b82-4b14-8a23-6d8cfe7f45d9Post:bef29171-eb42-4c39-9c96-34ebbd9b9b9b">Re: Apartment update!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Very exciting!
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :) Everything happened so fast and I only have a handful of boxes packed at this point. I suppose I need to get going with that sooner than later.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_apartment-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1e78432c-0b82-4b14-8a23-6d8cfe7f45d9Post:f5300ef7-17a5-4e5f-bae7-bc58851f0e8b">Re: Apartment update!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds great!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

:) I almost need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. It was worth the wait and worry of not being able to find something!
  • Congrats!!  That is so awesome!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Awesome!! I've been thinking about this lately and wondering if you'd found something!
    I'm glad it all worked out. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Sounds perfect! I'm glad you found something.
  • Yay Mel! I'm so happy for you! Apartment shopping can be the suck. Congrats again finding something so perfect!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • This is awesome! Congrats to you both!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Again - thank you, thank you, thank you! Just got back from signing the lease and the manager is soo nice. I haven't been this excited for an apartment before.
  • Congratulations! It's good to hear that everything worked out ok, and that you got everything you wanted :)
  • Congrats!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Cognratulations!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • That's awesome! It sounds perfect!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards