Not Engaged Yet

Customer Service--Funny Stories

Hey girls!

So I just spent the last 40 minutes getting SCREAMED and CURSED at by a hospital at work...over pathology return...for a case that was processed before I started working here.

The lady called me and was like RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWR slkdjfasl;j falksjdflkasj f;llksadjflkjdslkfa j!

And I'm like...rewind.  What?

And now I'm just laughing because I can't believe this woman just called me up screaming and cursing.  It got to the point that I was like, "If you continue to verbally abuse me, I'm going to have to end the phone call, and you'll have to call back when you can control yourself."

Wanna share funny customer service, or other related happenings at work???

Re: Customer Service--Funny Stories

• Umm, Photoshop is kicking my ass, but I've got the power of Google on my side. Now to figure out how to print a booklet from Pages and connect my network printer to my Mac, we'll be okay.

Hi, my name is Audrewuh and computers are ru(i)nning my life today. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Mmmm six pack of donuts. I haven't had those since high school.

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Make those donettes chocolate and I'm there. I'm wearing long sleeves and a faux leather jacket indoors because it's so cold. I also wore nylons to keep my feet a little warmer, but it's causing my feet to come out of my shoes when I walk. I havent fallen on my face yet, but there's still four hours to go.
  • I approve of all of these messages.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_customer-service-funny-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20318dae-12f0-4341-99e6-ab474e9adc14Post:7c9f842c-a8a4-48ba-b89a-1dfcce589a8b">Re: Customer Service--Funny Stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]I approve of all of these messages.
    Posted by loves2shop4shoes[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank God. I don't know what I would have done with my life if you didn't. </div><div>
    </div><div>;)</div>

• I got into work today and had to pull out a file from last week to check something... and discovered that the guy who worked here over the weekend went through it and changed some things and now it's wrong and I have to redo it.

So... not only does Mr. Weekend not trust me to know what I'm doing, but it also turns out that he's the one who doesn't know what he's doing and now I'm just a teensy bit peeved.
  • I used to work at Wells Fargo, and have gotten yelled at for the most ridiculous things one can imagine. For example, somehow it was my fault someone overdrew their bank account at the liquor store.

Not too much going on at work today. Tomorrow we're having a Halloween party so I have to go home and bake some treats. Oh and there will be Panera bagels tomorrow. Life will be good.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They crazies are out today. I've gotten four calls from clients that do not normally call. I am ready to drink.

• No funny work stories today- see my other thread.  But I did manage to shatter a college students dreams this week. Well sort of...

This time of year my college calls and asks for alum donations.  I've given small donations the last few years because I still have loans from college I'm repaying.  It's not a lot, but when I was there I had a scholarship and alum funds footed it.  So I give a litte back for any other "Suzie's" that would benefit.

Poor kid that called was updating my personal info, saw my job title, and made a comment on my success.   Then asked if I would like to double last years donation.  Um, no.  Fancy job title and all, 11 years later I'm still paying back loans so maybe I'm not that successful.  But if the government decides to magically waive the remainder of my loan, I will gladly double my donation;)

I hope the kid isn't too horrified he will be poor forever.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I second the crazies being out. I've been getting phone calls all day from them. But it was the full moon yesterday and they were cooped up inside because of Sandy. So they're super crazy today.

I was super excited this morning about being able to wear my rain boots because the hurricane was supposed to dump a load of rain last night. They've got comic strips on them and are so much fun to walk around in. So I wore them to work and there isn't even a puddle. I think I'll try again tomorrow.

• Hmmm, customer service stories huh?  In high school and college I worked at Walgreens as a clerk...not only did I get verbally abused I was on a few occassions physically abused (though nothing that left a bruise).  One lady brought up an expensive (i.e., $8) brand of nylons and told me that since we were out of the $0.50 nylons that were on sale (the little ones that come in bubbles) I had to give her the expensive ones.  She even brought me an empty bubble nylon container to emphasize the point that we were out (sadly someone probably stole the nylons in that empty container).  When I offered her a rain check for the cheapo nylons she went balistic demanding the expensive ones and chucked the little bubble at me when I refused.  I was not amused.  Working at Walgreens=lots of crazy people stories. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_customer-service-funny-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20318dae-12f0-4341-99e6-ab474e9adc14Post:f6a4affe-7978-4db2-a446-ecdf40173658">Re: Customer Service--Funny Stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]No funny work stories today- see my other thread.  But I did manage to shatter a college students dreams this week. Well sort of... This time of year my college calls and asks for alum donations.  I've given small donations the last few years because I still have loans from college I'm repaying.  It's not a lot, but when I was there I had a scholarship and alum funds footed it.  So I give a litte back for any other "Suzie's" that would benefit. Poor kid that called was updating my personal info, saw my job title, and made a comment on my success.   Then asked if I would like to double last years donation.  Um, no.  Fancy job title and all, 11 years later I'm still paying back loans so maybe I'm not that successful.  But if the government decides to magically waive the remainder of my loan, I will gladly double my donation;) I hope the kid isn't too horrified he will be poor forever.
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My job used to be to call alumni and ask for donations. The names/contact info just came up randomly. One night, I got the kicker for the Indianapolis Colts and I was like 'YES! This is going to be a huge donation.' He gave us nothing. I still hate him for it.</div><div>
    </div><div>On another note, I have learned what number my college calls from and don't answer. If i accidentally answer, I always give a little something because I remember how sucky that job was.

</div>

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_customer-service-funny-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20318dae-12f0-4341-99e6-ab474e9adc14Post:0114ef93-86e0-42be-930f-0ea6066386ba">Re: Customer Service--Funny Stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm, customer service stories huh?  In high school and college I worked at Walgreens as a clerk...not only did I get verbally abused I was on a few occassions physically abused (though nothing that left a bruise).  One lady brought up an expensive (i.e., $8) brand of nylons and told me that since we were out of the $0.50 nylons that were on sale (the little ones that come in bubbles) I had to give her the expensive ones.  She even brought me an empty bubble nylon container to emphasize the point that we were out (sadly someone probably stole the nylons in that empty container).  When I offered her a rain check for the cheapo nylons she went balistic demanding the expensive ones and <strong>chucked the little bubble at me when I refused</strong>.  I was not amused.  Working at Walgreens=lots of crazy people stories. 
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

<div>I am not proud of it, but I once chucked a wadded up airline ticket at a gate agent. She was an utter and complete b!tch and totally deserved it. But still, it definitely was not klassy.</div>

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_customer-service-funny-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20318dae-12f0-4341-99e6-ab474e9adc14Post:859bbd47-2ba8-4a66-9efb-62305c86d65c">Re: Customer Service--Funny Stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Customer Service--Funny Stories : My job used to be to call alumni and ask for donations. The names/contact info just came up randomly. One night, I got the kicker for the Indianapolis Colts and I was like 'YES! This is going to be a huge donation.' He gave us nothing. I still hate him for it. On another note, I have learned what number my college calls from and don't answer. If i accidentally answer, I always give a little something because I remember how sucky that job was.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Wow, I would dislike him after that, too!  I know the number well, and had been avoiding it, but they've been calling every day for about two weeks.  All I could picture was the same kid getting my voicemail everytime so I caved and answered.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_customer-service-funny-stories?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:20318dae-12f0-4341-99e6-ab474e9adc14Post:b0cc37ec-0d00-4f5c-88ba-4802460fa4fa">Re: Customer Service--Funny Stories</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got into work today and had to pull out a file from last week to check something... and discovered that the guy who worked here over the weekend went through it and changed some things and now it's wrong and I have to redo it. So... not only does Mr. Weekend not trust me to know what I'm doing, but it also turns out that he's the one who doesn't know what he's doing and now I'm just a teensy bit peeved.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I <strong>hate</strong> when co-workers redo my work. I have a co-worker who does not understand the point of display books in a library (which is to increase circulation by putting books out that the public will want, in case anyone was wondering). </div><div>
    </div><div>Today, I went through and made sure that all the child books displayed were relevant to the time of year (fall, Halloween, ect) or something kids like (trains/cars, Disney, dog/cat, other interesting covers). Co-worker went through at the end of the day and took over half of them down and put up the dumpiest looking books and some Christmas ones! </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not in a position where I can say anything and she's already miffed at me for suggesting to the librarian that the way they face their displays isn't exactly the most eye catching... Librarian agreed and books have been moving much better, although that could also be because evil co-worker was gone all last week so the relevant books stayed on display until someone took them... Ugh.</div>
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After two 13hr work days, I came home tonight and had a bubble bath. I then prescribed myself bedrest for the remander of the day.

As for customer service stories, there's this woman, her full grown daughter, and her grandson that come into the bakery I work at once every two to four weeks to order a cake. The instructions are very detailed down to how much if any sprinkles are to be added. The kicker is they only come to pick up maybe one out of every four cakes! Then if they do come to pick it up, NOTHING is right about the cake!! Even if you show them the written down instructions! You misheard. I swear these women must have nothing better to do. I know now to make myself very busy as soon as I see them near the door that way someone else, ie the new cake lady that doesn't fallow any instruction cause she's too good for it, has to deal with them.

Speaking of that cake lady, she likes to make the ordered cakes in the colors and flavors that she feels like making. Not how the customer asked because they don't know what the best version of the cake would be. Oh and parents don't know the right spelling of their childs names so she corrects them.
    That in it's self has been a customer sevice hazard! So many refunds, angery women, headaches, and discounts right there.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh boy, both my DBF and I deal with the public all the time in our jobs, so we get a lot of strange calls.

My phone number at work is sometimes confused with the number for WIC (women, infant and children's services for state of CT) it's one number off.  The other day I got a call asking if we administered paternity tests and if not, if we could provide transportation to the Maury Povich show so he could get one there.  Oh boy.

Also last Friday when I was obtaining money for a breast augmentation case that was scheduled for Monday, she was asked if they can still do it on Monday even if the hurricane is coming because she's going to Mexico for New Years and wants her new boobs to look fantastic.

My DBF works for a cable/internet/phone company that handles the tristate area.  During Hurricane Irene he was getting calls from people complaining about their bills during the storm.  He now handles escalation calls which basically is when a customer calls and says "I want to speak with your supervisor" they transfer the call to him.  He had a guy on the phone one day that insisted there was a hidden camera in his cable box and they were watching him do everything. 

I love working with people but some days it's a love/hate relationship lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I work in a library and part of my job is trouble shooting access issues for electronic resources.  We subscribe to a service that allows users to search our entire collection for individual articles (instead of just searching for journal titles, you can search at the article level).  Sometimes the links don't work properly and then we investigate the linking issue. 

One of these error reports came in from a tenured professor saying "frustrating? why doesn't some one check to make sure the links are working!!1"

I don't know exactly how many article links there are, but a quick search for "science" in the system comes up with 68 million results.  Just how exactly does she propose we go about testing every single link?  And of course the links are constantly changing as publishers and vendors change. 

The "!!1" was sort of the icing on the cake. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a phone call I took in a previous job that was kind of set up like a call center. So this woman called in cursing screaming, yelling at me over something on her account.  I spent over an hour on the phone with this woman calming her down and talking things out with her.  By the end of the call she asked where I lived as she had some single sons who lived in NC she wanted to set me up with I was so nice.... oy.  In that job there were always a few weird clients and calls.  That one however stuck out the most to me of course that call happened 5 minutes before I was about to leave. 

Anniversary

• Ugh - I worked in a call center for 2.5 years before my current position. The last year and a half of that was as a manager so I had to take those angry calls from people who demanded to speak to a manager. My first weekend managing the floor alone I got a call from a pissed off customer who asked for the address of our main office and then told me he was going to drive up and set it on fire. I was in tears. It was so terrible and I felt like I wasn't ready to be a manager, especially since I was the youngest one, by far (I was only 23 or 24) - and he kept saying "You sound like you have no idea what you're doing!" Ughhhhhh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • http://notalwaysright.com/

That site has some of the best stories about dumb, rude and bizarre customers.  When I need a laugh I check it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards