Not Engaged Yet
Options

Saturday!

Good morning all.  Who's doing something fun today?

I have an appointment to donate blood in a little while and I'm kind of dreading it, which is weird.  I donate all the time...  why am I choosing this time to freak out about it?

FI is out of town for the weekend, so I used that as an excuse to binge on junk food last night.  I'm really feeling the food hangover this morning.  Ugh. 

What else is going on?  Share your plans.  Even if you already shared them yesterday, because I wasn't really here yesterday.

Re: Saturday!

• Options
    We went and signed an agreement to rent on our new house this morning. It was the first time FI got to see it, so I was nervous. He liked it though. Now I'm just cuddling with the kitty cat until I have to go to work at 2:30.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey Elle! I'm laying around in bed still. The one and only time I attempted to give blood, my heart rate was waaay too high and they wouldn't let me. I had just fought with bf at the time and I was super nervous. FI also isn't allowed to give blood since he was born in England. I wish I could work up the nerve like you obviously do. I was supposed to baby sit tonight, but the baby is sick. I'm trying to meet up with a couple of friends for drinks. I failed last night as all my friends were either asleep by 9:30 or otherwise occupied. I'm also lame and only have about six friends that live in Houston. :p I don't remember, do you have any plans for Monday?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Saturday!:[QUOTE]We went and signed an agreement to rent on our new house this morning. It was the first time FI got to see it, so I was nervous. He liked it though. Now I'm just cuddling with the kitty cat until I have to go to work at 2:30. Posted by swhite2012[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he liked it! It's always a little nervewracking, for me at least, to make the final decision on something big like that without FI seeing things first.ys such a cute little house! When do you move in?

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Just got back from the gym. I'm planning a day (weekend) of NOTHING and I couldn't be more excited!!! FI is at work (boo), but after I shower and get dressed I'm going to see the sure to be God-awful, what to expect when you're expecting, and maybe get a mani-pedi. What can I say, I love a good/crappy chick flick. And I LOVE FI, but I also LOVE my alone time. Mani/pedi/bad chick flick! Perfect couple of hours this Sdaturday!
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    I was hoping to go back to sleep this morning, but Zoë decided to try to kill a baby bunny she flushed out of the grasses up the hill in our backyard and I had to run out completely buck naked to stop her because she wouldn't stop when I yelled for her to stop. Once she chilled her sh*t and sat (probably out of terror from my fat, naked ass barrelling out to put the fear of god into her), I threw on a robe and found the bunny. He was scared, but okay, and after I pet his little back, he hopped off.

Needless to say, Zoë will be spending any outside time this weekend with a chaperone.

To pay back Bellamy for being a good mister and sitting on the patio during this instead of joining in the derp, he got to go with me to the farmers market! He loved meeting all of the people and all of the dogs and he was very well behaved as always.

Zoë's trying to suck up to me, but all it's doing is making me more angry. She needs to leave me alooonnneee.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b7fce4c-0598-4a84-9a4a-ae6bf7599767Post:f992eff2-f131-4af0-b985-62f24ba0fd1c">Re:Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Saturday!: I'm glad he liked it! It's always a little nervewracking, for me at least, to make the final decision on something big like that without FI seeing things first.ys such a cute little house! When do you move in?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Not until July 15th which seems so far away!!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dani, I actually really want to see that movie. You'll have to let me know what you think! You and I are on the same brain wave with the donothing weekend. It's going to be great! Still, that is amazing! Do you not have close neighbors? Lol. Poor bunny! I found Molly popping in the living room last night, so I smacked her a little too hard on her butt. She slunked away and wouldn't look at me. She then peed on my side of the bed. Snow, that does seem so far away! Why that long?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b7fce4c-0598-4a84-9a4a-ae6bf7599767Post:3eb1a073-0551-442f-8f3c-198669e15bc9">Re:Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still, that is amazing! Do you not have close neighbors?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]
    Oh god yes, we live in the suburbs. We have neighbors on both sides, and if they looked out the window to see what the screaming was (both the bunny and me), then they now know what I look like naked.

• Options
    eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Hey all. We're heading to Detroit tomorrow for the annual oink fest at my relatives' house on Monday. We're having a potluck at work today too, so good times. I'm going to have to do Turbo Jam AND hook up with some meth while in the D, or I'm going to undo all of this weight loss (probably not, but I'm still a bit concerned since I JUST kicked my binge habit).

Balance, eirwyn-san.

Anyway, I'm excited about the trip, pretty confident I won't oink out as much as I used to, and looking forward to playing "Fireworks or Gunshots?" on Sunday night.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Saturday!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Saturday!:Still, that is amazing! Do you not have close neighbors? Posted by audrewuhOh god yes, we live in the suburbs. We have neighbors on both sides, and if they looked out the window to see what the screaming was both the bunny and me, then they now know what I look like naked. Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Good morning neighbors! Lol. I'm sure they enjoyed the wake up call.

Eirwyn, you can do it! I have confidence. :

• Options
    eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b7fce4c-0598-4a84-9a4a-ae6bf7599767Post:70ec0e7a-05a5-4882-992e-4ce1d2389eb2">Re:Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eirwyn, you can do it! I have confidence. :

Thanks! I'm pretty confident too, especially because I just had a baked good <em>and</em> regular soda for the first time in weeks, and all the sugar is making me feel sick and gross. Ugh. I feel awful, like I need to detox with green tea and veggies or something.

Lesson learned. :-P Now I know what Elle means when she says "food hangover".
  • Options
    I'm not doing anything thrilling - working from home, cleaning house, going to watch the UFC fight tonight (really just an excuse to drink and eat with friends).

But I know someone who's doing something fun today . . . Lyn has her final fittings today for her Maui dress and for her tea ceremony dress.  Yay Lyn!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b7fce4c-0598-4a84-9a4a-ae6bf7599767Post:3eb1a073-0551-442f-8f3c-198669e15bc9">Re:Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dani, I actually really want to see that movie. You'll have to let me know what you think! You and I are on the same brain wave with the donothing weekend. It's going to be great! Still, that is amazing! Do you not have close neighbors? Lol. Poor bunny! I found Molly popping in the living room last night, so I smacked her a little too hard on her butt. She slunked away and wouldn't look at me. She then peed on my side of the bed. <strong>Snow, that does seem so far away! Why that long?</strong>
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Our current lease isn't up until end of July. But since this is a college town, good rentals go quick and get figured out months ahead of time.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    [QUOTE]<strong>Dani, I actually really want to see that movie. You'll have to let me know what you think! You and I are on the same brain wave with the donothing weekend. It's going to be great!</strong> Still, that is amazing! Do you not have close neighbors? Lol. Poor bunny! I found Molly popping in the living room last night, so I smacked her a little too hard on her butt. She slunked away and wouldn't look at me. She then peed on my side of the bed. Snow, that does seem so far away! Why that long?

<div>I will report back! I actually really want to see it, too;) I have no problem admitting that I have no taste in movies! </div>
  • Options

BF and I have been up since 6:45am. We were filling our pool overnight, so we got up early to turn the pump on and turn the water off.  I managed to do 2 loads of laundry, clean the kitchen from top to bottom, ran the dishwasher and swept and mopped the kitchen floor. BF mowed the lawn and once he was done that we cleaned up the back patio and removed all the plastic around the patio windows.  We both have a few more things to do to get ready of our get together tomorrow, but we're resting right now.  I love the weather and love that I have all our windows open.  We are hoping the pools ph will be just right so we can go swimming tonight. :) 

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

• Options
    And I'm back from my appointment with the vampires and now I'm exhausted.  I had several WR errands to run today (aka:  sh*t to buy) but I was halfway to my first store when I decided I was exhausted and I came home to work on the stuff I can do from my couch... mainly thank-you notes and pomanders.

I got home to find all four of my furbabies asleep on my bed.  They're not supposed to be in there.  I forgot to lock them out, but the sight was too cute for me to be mad.

Swhite - So exciting about the new house!  I'm looking at the pictures now.

Still - Your story about the bunny is kind of hilarious, but I love that you were able to save it.  I hate when one of our cats kills something.
  • Options
    I just got home, we have a wedding today, we went to the ceremony and the reception isn't until 6 so we came home changed into comfy clothes and are now eating pizza bites.  Yum!!!!  I hope the reception later has an open bar.

Anniversary

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    Still...that story is effin hilarious. Danie...I also really want to see that. You'll have to let us all know how it is. I'm in the car on the way home to VA for the weekend. My mom owns a dance studio where I grew up dancing and my little sister now dances. It's the big recital this weekend, so we're doing that tonight and tomorrow night. My three best girlfriends from HS are also in town at the same time for the first time in over a year, so we're going out for drinks tonight.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b7fce4c-0598-4a84-9a4a-ae6bf7599767Post:d0670438-0af7-4e64-9b7a-3b19f6e061e3">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got home, we have a wedding today, we went to the ceremony and the reception isn't until 6 so we came home changed into comfy clothes and are now eating pizza bites.  Yum!!!!  I hope the reception later has an open bar.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

That's quite a gap.  Is that common in your area?
  • Options
    Elle-  it's common for people who do church ceremonies and then have a reception elsewhere, almost every wedding we tend to go to.  Getting ready soon to head back for the reception. I hope it's fun. 

jorga-  I didn't know your mom owned a dance studio that is soooooooooo incredibly cool.  Have fun watching your sister dance.

Anniversary

• Options
    Have a good time, Danser!
  • Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I wish I could have slept in a bit today.  It has been stormy and grey, and that always makes me feel drowsy.  However, we had a busy morning.  

We dropped kiddo off at a birthday party.  While she was whooping it up at the bowling alley, we got paperwork for insuring the rings and met with an event coordinator at our ceremony/reception venue (we are doing both at one location).  With our wedding date and location locked in, there isn't too much more for us to do aside from save money for a while.  It was exciting signing our first contract together.  Is that silly?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b7fce4c-0598-4a84-9a4a-ae6bf7599767Post:cc3d9266-cf13-426c-b737-860c51e053a8">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could have slept in a bit today.  It has been stormy and grey, and that always makes me feel drowsy.  However, we had a busy morning.   We dropped kiddo off at a birthday party.  While she was whooping it up at the bowling alley, we got paperwork for insuring the rings and met with an event coordinator at our ceremony/reception venue (we are doing both at one location).  With our wedding date and location locked in, there isn't too much more for us to do aside from save money for a while.  It was exciting signing our first contract together.  Is that silly?
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

Did you AW your venue?  I want to seeeee!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_saturday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2b7fce4c-0598-4a84-9a4a-ae6bf7599767Post:e654ca39-9ee5-43b3-8a09-7cb27f592cd8">Re: Saturday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have a good time, Danser!
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards