Not Engaged Yet
Options

end-of-semester rant!

OMG, I want to bang my head on my keyboard!

klshfalkhglahglnnkvgsalgvlnl bvaskgfckshdg;vhaeoghvnlfcbvnz/bnalk

Ugh.

In the next 3 days, I need to finish editing 2 print ads and create another (!!!). This is a problem because InDesign and Photoshop aren't cooperating with the whole transparency thing. I need to make a logo and it's just not working on anything but a white background. One of my backgrounds is blue. Grr. And I LOVE the blue!

Then, I need to write a TV commercial and sketch out a storyboard. At least I don't have to film it.

I also need to edit my creative brief and campaign event for that project. I don't think that should take TOO long. But ugh. It's all due Monday.

For Wednesday, I need to put together a color grid for my art class. It's not hard to do, but it's kind of like putting together a puzzle. The teacher gave us free reign to use any materials we like to crate a 5x5 grid of 1-inch squares in different colors (and we can use paint in any color or patterned paper if we want) BUT the whole thing needs to be balanced and free of any sort of overall pattern, image, or gradient-like effect. That's the puzzle part.

I also need to come up with a 5-minute "performance/presentation" type thing. God must really love me because we were SUPPOSED to have a real final project, but the teacher decided to nix it and just have a picnic outside with little presentations where we can do anything we want as long as it's decently put together. I am thinking I'll bring tissue paper and pipe cleaners and show everyone how to make flowers. I'm sure they already know, but it'll be a nice, fun thing to present.

THEN... I have to write a 6-page feature article on a research topic and study for a final exam May 4. I haven't really selected the topic, but I saw a cool article about our generation changing the meaning of marriage. That's neat. Probably a lot of research on that sort of thing, right? Because I need to use research to support my article.

THEN I'll be like, what? 3 1/2 weeks from the wedding. I'll need to worry about RSVPs and crap, but most everything else is done. OH I need to get my programs written out and sent to the Etsy chick in the next week or so.....

One more thing to do right now. Cry

I swear, after this whole school-work-volunteer-wedding business, I think I may go into hibernation for the summer. Except I'm taking a painting class.
Anniversary

Re: end-of-semester rant!

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eek. You have my sympathy.

You should retire and play with your cats all day.

*puts on cheerleader voice
    You can do it Jeana! Go go go! Laughing
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GAH! I know what you mean that was last weekfor me. I can't wait to be done on Sat.

Just relax and focus you can get it all done quickly
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, Fi is so frustrated with my education. I think a big part of him just wants me to drop out and work part-time until I get knocked up.

It's stressful, and I can't settle for less than perfect. I HAVE to have a 4.0 just because I want to prove to myself that I really COULD do anything I put my mind to.

I think it's one of those things... I grew up hearing how smart I was and blah blah blah, and then I decided I'd rather put a career on the back burner and really be a SAHM. I want a degree so that when I'm ready to get back into the workforce I'll have more opportunities... but it's not my #1 priority.

And that confuses FI. Why am I making myself crazy trying to get perfect grades? Because, I CAN. I'm paying for my education, so I want a damn education. I want to learn. I love succeeding. I'm an overachiever. Always have been.

Poor FI. Graduated with C's happily, has a job that could support us both if it came down to it, and can't understand my obsession with being at the top of my class when what I really, ultimately want is to finger paint with my children someday.

I guess it doesn't make all that much sense, does it? lol I should probably lighten up a little, but that's easier said than done with a mindset like mine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Oh Jeana - that sounded like my last week of school last year! I totally understand your feelings *hugs* Take a moment, breathe, relax, focus and get 'er done! We know you can do it!

I'd cheer for you like Kat but I am so far from a Cheerleader it's not even funny.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how you feel Jeana. I'm making myself crazy with studying for finals and finishing up presentations and reports and everything...BF doesn't get why I'm working so hard. He keeps telling me "Cs get degrees", but darn it all, I like seeing all those vowels on my grade reports.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also-- I want an oatmeal creme pie cookie, and I can't have one because I didn't buy them and I need to stay home doing homework!

Cry <-------pitiful Jeana with no cookies.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    edited December 2011
    KUDOS to you on maintinging your 4.0. :-) I am truly proud of you!

Graduation is saturday and I am just happy passing my classes right now. I know that I shouldn't have double-majored and graduated in 3 yeaars. I know that I wouldn't have been so sick had i just slowed down and enjoyed college rather than blasting than blasting through. I know I could have higher than a 3.0 if I just took my time and was persistant with my studying. but right now I'm just so glad to be done and moving home so I don't have to deal with the stresses of being in an LDR and wedding planning.
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man am I glad that I am done with school.

Think of how relieved you will be when it is all done.

Good job on the 4.0. I got so fed up with school that I did what I needed to get by (luckily I usually still managed to get B's most of the time.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    #1 - You should have told me you wanted a cookie - I had nothing to do today so I would have totally killed some time and brought you one..or two...or even six!

#2 Holy crapola.... You DO have a lot to get done!! (Boy, I think I might be making this worse LOL).  I guess all I can say is...make a list and do one thing at a time - lists always help me.. You can mark each thing off as you go!

#3 When it's time for wedding stuff, let me know and I'd be happy to help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Wait.... #4 No - I don't believe the fact that you want a degree, even though you really just plan on and want to be a SAHM, is a crazy thought.  I totally understand where you are coming from!!  And yes, you CAN do it!!  GOOOO JEANNNAAA!!!! YOU CAN DOOO ITTT!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, thanks Jeter!

We really need to get together. Sorry my week has been so crazy. Maybe this weekend or sometime next week you and I can go through a drive-through daiquiri place. Seems like we both need it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a plan!  I think our schedule is pretty packed for the weekend but I have a feeling I won't have a job yet next week, so we should totally go to the drive-thru daquiri place and see what kind of trouble we can get into. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually pretty open for me. We'll figure something out. See? Now we both feel better already! Laughing
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well shoot, that was easy enough now wasn't it Jeana.  Tuesday or Thursday it is!
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You poor girl I am sending you lots of hugs and support your way - I am just working not even back in school yet and probably not until after the wedding next year and I cannot even fathom having all that on your plate but keep your chin up it's coming to a close and a new start. We all love you here and am sure if we could help more we would do it for you. I'll have a margarita for you !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards