Not Engaged Yet

BF is very odd sometimes.....

Okay, so I was bad, and played hooky from class last night. Yesterday was a complete mental and utter clusterfvck of bullsh!t. So BossMan and I decided that I was going to play hooky, and He and his wife and daught and me and BF were going to meet up for dinner and drinks. We had a blast. It was nice to get out of the office for a bit and be able to just chill. Plus, I don't think my brain could've handled Wednesday night's class...it's redonkulous.

Well after dinner, BF and I decided since we were in town, we should go to the mall across the street and see what coats they have for him, since he does not own a "grown up" coat. Well, we wandered around for a bit, and we went to Fred Meyer Jewelers so I could show him the blings that I like, so he has an idea of styles and what not. Plus, we wanted to see if we could find a necklace or bracelet that matches my sapphire ring and earring set he bought me for Easter.

While we were there, the guy keeps going on about great deals (70% off, plus 20% off next weekend). Now the ring BF & I like for him, is relatively cheap...I think like $400 or something. He goes, why don't you get that during the sale and just keep it so we have it...and it's waay cheaper.  *sigh* Now, I completely understand that BF is an uber uber super duper uber penny pinching frugal cheap ass. So in his head, it's all about the dollars....not about the fact that I would have HIS WEDDING ring sitting in a box in my drawer...while who the eff knows when he would be getting me an E ring. *tilts head* Does this seem wonky to anyone else, or is it just me being BSC??

I'm just sooo tired and when that happens, I know my brain goes off in odd directions, but I wanted to get your ladies opinion on this.

Re: BF is very odd sometimes.....

• edited December 2011
    Boys are weird! BF tried on wedding bands once "for fun" and I just looked at him like, "Seriously? You haven't even given me an Ering yet".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bf-very-odd-sometimes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e4fc2ef-3027-4ca7-b098-ba6431868839Post:dcc9cb1a-c0f0-4a4b-943d-8a8480f8bd74">Re: BF is very odd sometimes.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boys are weird! BF tried on wedding bands once "for fun" and I just looked at him like, "Seriously? You haven't even given me an Ering yet".
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!!! *stomps foot* The rings I showed him yesterday that I liked the style, are relatively inexpensive too (At the most under $1000). He goes "I don't want you to think I'm THAT much of a cheap a$$. *headdesk* I didn't point them out because of the price...I like the style... I'm not huge into bling... I work too much with my hands...and it's just not me. I'm not flashy. 
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha!! I think that's ridiculously funny actually.
    Andrew's wedding band will ultimately be way more expensive then my engagement ring.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bf-very-odd-sometimes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2e4fc2ef-3027-4ca7-b098-ba6431868839Post:2d693e6f-5d01-40cf-ad86-17fb394f7921">Re: BF is very odd sometimes.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha!! I think that's ridiculously funny actually. Andrew's wedding band will ultimately be way more expensive then my engagement ring.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Lol... thaaaaaaaanks, Lunar :-P

Hey BTW. FB me your phone number so we can text too! :) Unless, you don't wants to.....
  • edited December 2011
    Well luckily BF was fine with what I  wanted and got me my inexpensive but super pretty and awesome and big but tasteful ring! But as you all know its still not on my finger. (9 months later, but who's counting?)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'd have laughed, followed by,

"Yea, and why don't you just purchase my wedding band and we can be the creeps holding on to bands for an event that isn't even 100% happening yet. While we're at it, wanna go shop for baby clothes?"
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    At the end of the day, it is cute that his mind is so clearly there. That's nice.

But he's not allowed to be BSC any more than you are.
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boys are super weird. I'd totally tell him you're not buying his wedding band, no matter how cheap it is, until he's proposed!

And I totally snickered at the buying baby clothes suggestion. :)

I want to be FB with everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    The baby clothes also had me laughing.

I only have Sop on FB so anyone who wants to add me just send me a PM :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is so odd.  Glad you skipped class though.  I would have laughed in his face! 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    It's a bit funny but I would tell him to wait on it too.

Anniversary

• lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh- Silly boy!! Thats pretty funny :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards