Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

HELP! Need ideas how to decorate this

Please give me suggestions on how to decorate this shelter. We are just having the ceremony in here so we do not want to spend a ton of money and we are having an eco-friendly theme. Also our colors are magenta, chartreuse and slate. (We  are not having pumpkins it is just the picture) Thanks so much cant wait to see all the ideas. 

Re: HELP! Need ideas how to decorate this

• I would treat this shelter like a tent. Google wedding tent ideas and see if there is anything that sparks your interest.
    As far as MY ideas it really depends on what time of year your wedding is. If you are having a summer wedding you could go with lanterns.
    For a fall wedding how about tall wheat stalks attached to the pillars. Do maybe like a barn theme. Maybe tie wide fabric in a bow around the wheat stalks to add some elegance to the look. Definately chair covers. Or if that is too pricey maybe go with a wide ribbon over the top of the back of the chair.  Here are some pictures

• I would probably buy a couple of taller columns for the "altar" section, (You or a family member can use these later in a garden), and put a tall vase on it with some branches that have silk or real flowers attached to the branches to get some height and color. These could then be transported to the reception venue. 

For the end where the guests are coming in, you could loosely wrap some tulle around the vertical supports/columns with ribbons that match your colors. You could make some large bows with very flowing ribbons on the bottom and tie those to the upper part parts of the vertical supports down the sides. 

Good luck. 
  • Maybe some hanging tissue poms or the paper lanterns.  I think it needs something up top.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was going to suggest same as PP, hanging some lanterns or something from the ceiling would make it look so much better
  • I would get paper lanterns. They would really make it look awesome.
    ME: 30 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 3/2010
    DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
    Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
    Lap: May 2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
    9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
    DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
    IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
    Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
    Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
    Baby girl born 8.14.12

• You could also use paper parasols and hang them upside down. Oriental Trading Company sells them 12 for $30, but I haven't looked to see if they are cheaper anywhere else.

As for eco friendly: This alter idea is from Martha Stewart weddings. It's 2 Bradford Pear trees pulled into an arch and wired together.

• What a GREAT venue!  I agree with pp.  Paper lanterns or parasols would make it look amazing.  Google paper lantern receptions.  You will get alot of great ideas on how to place them.  Good luck!  Again, beautiful venue!
  • The only thing is that its right off of the lake and could be windy will the paper lanterns be distracting? 
  • Myles+TamiMyles+Tami member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you could hot glue washers from the hardware store inside the bottom to give them some weight and keep them from blowing too much?

Edit to include: Just make sure they're glued down really well! It would be a disaster to have your guests end up getting pegged in the head during the ceremony by metal washers!!!
  • If it will be after or close to dark, white Christmas lights, or luminarias.  If it will be daytime, then lights won't show up. 

The tissue pom-poms would look great. 
  • what about sheer curtains on the sides of the structure this way it will ensure everyones eyes are on you and the groom without feeling too small or boxed in, this would also be a great way to add some color to the netural space.

another option would be to add sheers for the background of the alter. It would be a great contrast against your white dress and it would make the pictures amazing!

(to keep the sheer curtains from flying around too much you could sew fishing weights/ washers/ or string and tie with fishing line between columns.

An aisle runner would look amazing in this setting because it will give the space a little definition. A greate way to add your color scheme to a plain aisle runner is to glue ribbon of differnet width in your colors to the edges of the asile runner. A hand painted monogram can go a long way as well.

good luck and happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards