Not Engaged Yet

Meet Fenix! PIP

This is our new buddy, Fenix. 

This is when he and Avie first met. They were shy.

They both warmed up to each other super quick.

New bigger cage for them both. Yay!
I'm not good at feelings.

Re: Meet Fenix! PIP

• coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love that they warmed up to each other so well! Now I wants birds.  FI says thanks a lot. 
    When is my wedding
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tell him he won't even notice them. Obviously not true, but you can tell him that anyway.

• sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, they're so cute! I love the third picture where it looks like Fenix is getting groomed by Avie. It seems like he's enjoying himself!
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm usually scared of birds (had an incident in a petstore when i was 4) but that picture of them together makes me want one... Almost.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww! Birdy!!! <3

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm not a big bird person, but that third pic is pretty darn cute. :) Congrats on your new friend, Audgie!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Awww!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Audgie, are they pretty talkative?

I used to have a budgie, and he chirped to himself (or the TV) all the time. After awhile I totally didn't notice the sound anymore. Then one day I was on a conference call and someone said "Who has a bird?"  Oops.
  • edited December 2011
    What a beautiful bird!!!
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone :)

@leia- They are very good talkers. They can mimic voice and random sounds. Like the phone ringing or a microwave going off. Have you ever seen an African Grey sing the Cops theme in a southern accent? Hilarious. Youtube it.

• marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, Audgie. He is just adorable! I love that first pic.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_meet-fenix-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3d2003a2-6e4a-4b19-875b-104aba0e3380Post:33cb1449-6e92-4a88-af08-bf2f752bf883">Re: Meet Fenix! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone :) @leia- They are very good talkers. They can mimic voice and random sounds. Like the phone ringing or a microwave going off. <strong>Have you ever seen an African Grey sing the Cops theme in a southern accent? Hilarious. Youtube it.</strong>
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

Entire hour of my life = $15

Internet connection = $30

African Grey singing "Shake that ass" = Priceless
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    He's so handsome!
  • edited December 2011
    I used to have an african grey named Spencer.  I absolutely hated that bird! Any time I tried to hold him and play with him, he would tear holes in my shirt and bite me. I think he needed more attention than I could give him. But your two look so cute together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards