Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thank You!

Today BF and I were at the store looking for a movie to rent tonight.  Easy A was on the list.  I remembered several girls on here rave about it.  Since nothing else good was there I say hey lets rent this the girls on TK love it.  He was so nice to agree (he deals with chick flicks every once and a while)  I had no desire to see if after watching the trailers but we gave it a go anyways.

IT WAS SO FUNNY!!!  We laughed the entire time!!  So I came here to say thank you girls for recommending, what I thought was a terrible movie.   You are the best!  *hugs*  We are even going to buy the movie now.  Thanks for a wonderful evening of laughs!

So now a question to spark conversation!  Favorite movie of all time and why???

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Thank You!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea what that movie was about when I found it on netflix one day.  I seriously thought that it had to do with grades haha.

I can't pinpoint a favorite.  I love Bambi, Sleepy Hollow, and Clueless!
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I love Easy A! I could watch it over and over again! I'm so glad you liked it!!

It's so hard for me to pick a favorite movie, I like so many! I would say these are my top 5 (in no particular order).

1. Silence of the Lambs - I love love love this movie. I always have, since the first time I saw it. I think the acting is fantastic, it has an excellent plot, and I love the creepiness of it. Interesting fact: Silence of the Lambs, Physco, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre are all based on the same true event. Silence of the Lambs is the closest to what actually happened (not the main plot but the plot of the guy the FBI is trying to catch. You know the creepy dude with the hole he keeps girls in). Physco focused mostly on the psychological aspect of the case and well Texas Chainsaw Massacre just ran with all the gore.

2. Father of the Bride - I just watched this movie again the other day. It always makes me happy when I watch it :) But it doesn't send me into BSC mode lol.

3. Beauty and the Beast - It's my favorite Disney movie! BF bought it for me on our second anniversary because it was finally out of the Disney vault. He watches it with me and sings along with the songs...this is why I love him :)

4. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - BF got this one for me for our 1st anniversary :) I've always loved this movie and it cracks me up  every time I watch it!

5. It's a tie between The Sound of Music and The Wizard of Oz. The Wizard of Oz is my mom's favorite movie and we watch it all the time together. I also love The Sound of Music. I just can't decide which I love more!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Easy A glad you enjoyed it too. My favorite all time movie The Princess Bride, it has true love, revenge, Andre the Giant and it's so funny.

Some of my other favorite include The Notebook, such a great love story, Singin' In The Rain, and of course Casablanca.  I tend to favor older movies.

Anniversary

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Easy A was awesome! :)

My favorite movie of all time is a tie between American History X and Tombstone. Both have great storylines and are just phenomenal movies. Tombstone also has some of the best one-liners, ever. Period. :)

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Superbad is my all time favorite movie. It was one of those movies I overlooked while it was in the theaters and rented it randomly to watch by myself. I was so amused that evening and every time I've watched it since! Best movie ever.
    Plus that was where I first saw Emma Stone, which motivated me to see Easy A which was another great flick!

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I loved Easy A!  So glad you guys liked it, too.

My favorite movie:  it's a tie between Juno and Love, Actually.  Which doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a good cinematic substance-filled movie, but those are the two that I can watch over and over and over.
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Amsy-  I love bambi!  My dad use to get us up in the morning when I was little by saying.  “Get up bambi!  Get!  You must get up!”  I loved it

Beth- I love B&B (it has some of my favorite Disney songs and I think she is my favorite princess)  I also Love sound of music.  I can sing the whole movie!  :)  wizard of Oz was good too!

Danser-  OMG THE PRINCESS BRIDE IS AMAZING!  I love that movie :) singing in the rain is also amazing!  I always think of Switzerland when I watch the movie

Ry- I have never seen those movie!

Jen- Never seen superbad.

Elle- I have never seen those either!  I have always wanted to watch Juno but never seen it.

Oh gosh my favorite movie.  It is a tie between Stardust, Ever After, LoTR-Return of the King, and Mulan!  They are all so amazing I could never pick!

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with The Princess Bride and Love, Actually.

I can watch them over and over and over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Easy A is second on my favorite movies list to *drum roll* Pride and Prejudice!
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:433b76ca-cc1c-4abb-9837-04e39cec1ed6Post:1782872f-7e8b-4bee-a711-5f7468394c34">Re: Thank You!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Easy A is second on my favorite movies list to *drum roll* Pride and Prejudice!
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

The old one or the new one???

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:433b76ca-cc1c-4abb-9837-04e39cec1ed6Post:df6884cc-9717-4f8d-9c97-e7a044f7d133">Re: Thank You!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I loved Easy A!  So glad you guys liked it, too. My favorite movie:  it's a tie between <strong>Juno</strong> and Love, Actually.  Which doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a good cinematic substance-filled movie, but those are the two that I can watch over and over and over.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I love Juno! It would definitely be in my top 10 favorite movies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards