Not Engaged Yet

Slowww Afternoon

Everyone tell me three things I didn't know about you

1. I collect seaglass at my local beach. I have jars full in my house.
2. I prefer Oatmeal cookies over Chocolate Chip.
3. Today I didn't drink any coffee, and now it's too late to drink some. : (

Re: Slowww Afternoon

• edited December 2011
    1. I have 6 tattoos and 9 piercings, but I HATE needles!

2. I am OBSESSED with musical theater, especially Rent (and to link the two together, I have a Rent-themed tattoo!)

3. I have acted in 4 charity productions of "The Vagina Monologues" (and directed one of them; that performance raised the most money in 10 years!)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

1) I'm a picture-taking fiend!! I lurve it.  I also get in trouble w/friends cause I take all these pics but take weeks to get them on FB. lol

2) I own a 2007 Yaris.  Her name is Red and she is lovely.

3) Every year from the time I was 2 until I was 12 my family drove from Halifax, NS to Orlando, FL, a 4 day trip, to visit my grandparents (they were snowbirds).  I miss those trips desperately.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    1) I LOVE to paint (on canvas) and wish that I had more time to do so.

2) I used to despise reading... the older I get the more I enjoy it.  I recently cancelled my cable because I was seriously never watching it. 

3) I have been very independent, but I have always longed for a man who wants to help me and be supportive of me... luckily I've found him!

Katanne... Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are my favorite... best of both worlds! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_slowww-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:44b623dd-07e4-4f3c-99f9-c2790fe797caPost:653d5076-06d7-4860-a222-93d15aef0103">Re: Slowww Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I have 6 tattoos and 9 piercings, but I HATE needles! 2. I am OBSESSED with musical theater, especially Rent (and to link the two together, I have a Rent-themed tattoo!) 3. I have acted in 4 charity productions of "The Vagina Monologues" (and directed one of them; that performance raised the most money in 10 years!)
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

RENT HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!
    *dies* I love Rent. LOVE IT! Saw it on Broadway when I was 18 and fell in love!!

I also have acted in 4 Vagina Monologues...what monologue did you do?! I've done hair, the angry vagina and Reclaiming Cu*t (2X)

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I love grapefruit juice. However I never buy it because I only get a 1/2 shelf in my fridge. When I move next month on the other hand...yay!!!

2. I have a scar that covers my entire left knee. When I was 11, I was riding my bike home from school, misjudged the height of the curb and flew over the handlebars. Amazingly, I got up and walked myself all the way home. I didn't realize how bad it was until my mom, who's a nurse, freaked out as I came in the door. And it takes a lot to freak her out--she was an ER nurse in downtown Detroit in the early 80s. She's a tough woman.

3. I don't like wearing sunglasses. I feel like I look goofy in them
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dwest - as long as you keep your CCs out of my oatmeal cookies, we'll be okay ; )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_slowww-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:44b623dd-07e4-4f3c-99f9-c2790fe797caPost:2bb4ce18-8133-44d4-9777-beca47db9b4e">Re: Slowww Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slowww Afternoon : RENT HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AH!!!!!! *dies* I love Rent. LOVE IT! Saw it on Broadway when I was 18 and fell in love!! I also have acted in 4 Vagina Monologues...what monologue did you do?! I've done hair, the angry vagina and Reclaiming Cu*t (2X)
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

<p>YAAAAY RENTHEAD!!!! I first saw it when I was 18 too!!! I even got to see it when Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp came back for the summer!!! I can't find a picture of my tattoo at the moment though >_<

As for the "Vagina Monologues": solo, I have done "My Vagina Was My Village", "Because He Liked To Look At It", "Reclaiming Cu*t" and "The Vagina Workshop." Group monologues were "My Short Skirt" and "They Beat The Girl Out Of My Boy". </p>

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    1) When i volunteer on Saturdays, I usually sit beside the newest cat. They're usually really scared and freaked out, so I get them a blanket and cover their head so they feel hidden (hidden=safe to cats). I also talk to them when no one is around, hoping that if they get to know me they won't feel as scared and alone. Embarassed

2) When I was 5 and my brother was 3, I made a tissue paper bonnet and put it on his head. Then I made tissue paper bouquets and gave one to him. I had us both wear my dress-up high heels and sunglasses and treated him like a girl. Mom took a picture. It's hanging around somewhere, and he knows it. My brother is very nice to me.

3) I am incredibly bossy. Maybe you know that. lol. But really, I hate it when people feel intimidated by me and won't give me advice. I have been trying to get FI and some of my friends to help me edit my projects, and they ALL say everything looks perfect. Then when I say "Well, what if I change this over here like so?" and they'll be like "Yeah! That looks even better!"

I mean, okay, I get it... I have an authoritarian personality. But that doesn't mean I want people to act like sheep. I want to improve and I want new, fresh ideas! Ugh.
    Anniversary
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) I have lived in MN, TX, MO, FL and MA (that was all before i turned 16.) - I was an Air Force brat.

2) I despise buying greeting cards. I have gone into the store grabbed two of the shelf and paid for them without reading the card.

3) I am stubborn and horribly impatient.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are right Kat is it a slowww afternoon. I am so bored. I swear 1:00 was 6 hours ago (its currently 3:30 here).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_slowww-afternoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:44b623dd-07e4-4f3c-99f9-c2790fe797caPost:b3730fea-a664-46fa-9c78-094455fbb13a">Re: Slowww Afternoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slowww Afternoon : YAAAAY RENTHEAD!!!! I first saw it when I was 18 too!!! I even got to see it when Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp came back for the summer!!! I can't find a picture of my tattoo at the moment though />_< As for the "Vagina Monologues": solo, I have done "My Vagina Was My Village", "Because He Liked To Look At It", "Reclaiming Cu*t" and "The Vagina Workshop." Group monologues were "My Short Skirt" and "They Beat The Girl Out Of My Boy".
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

SO JEALOUS!! I saw Adam Pascal in Aida...he rocked my world!!!

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    He's not a very nice person though, from what I've experienced. Anthony Rapp is an absolute doll, though. Shyer than you'd think for an actor!

• rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1.  I'm afraid of dinosaurs (yes I know this is completely irrational)

2.  I would prefer not to eat anything chocolate, salty and savory are my favorite types of snacks.

3.  I used to want a sister for as long as I can remember, so I used to dress my brother up in my clothes (he was maybe 6), wig, shoes, dress, everything, and go around calling him Natalie.  He would even play along for a bit, (I know cruel)

Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    1.  I do not believe we landed on the moon.

2.  I am highly terrified of worms, but can handle snakes just fine.

3.  I absolutely love cranberry juice.
  • edited December 2011
    kat, it's NEVER too late to drink coffee.
  • edited December 2011
    1. I am a rescue diver that searches for missing people/ dead bodies in rives and lakes/ under ice

2. I am OCD about organizing things and if my notes are not perfect for school I will rewrite them (i.e lots of scribbling or having to write in a different pen will force me to rewrite them...its sad I know)

3. I don't like icecream so I pick out all the chunks of other stuff like cookie dough and give the plain icecream to my BF and when he asks I still tell him its chocolate chip cookie dough...hehe
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] 2. I am OCD about organizing things and if my notes are not perfect for school I will rewrite them (i.e lots of scribbling or having to write in a different pen will force me to rewrite them...its sad I know) [/QUOTE]

I do the same thing. I didn't have a blue pen one day, and I nearly freaked out. I couldn't take notes, because all I had was red.
  • edited December 2011
    1. My favorite video game ever is MarioKart64

2. I'm allergic to lettuce.

3. I have my own personalized version of monopoly.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. I'm totally afraid of mascots.  I don't know why, but they give me the total creeps.  NO SCOOBY DOO, YOU DO NOT GET A NARWHAL HUG.

2. I really hate for people to feel bad or embarrassed.  Often times, the things I do or say have something to do with me trying to make someone feel better.  For example, I went to a little dinner theatre charity event for a local church because my mom's work friend produced it.  There was one part where everyone was supposed to stand up and do the handjive.  No one stood up.  So I stood up and did it all by myself.  It was really embarrassing at first, but then everyone else started doing it and I could tell that it made her feel better, so my purpose was fulfilled.

3. I'm planning on getting my Ph.D in Counseling Psychology from UGA.  Then you all will have to call me Dr. Narwhal.  I will not answer to anything else.
    Anniversary
  • jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I am terrified of spiders.  Completely terrified.

2. I've had to wear glasses since I was 8 months old (I had a lazy eye and had surgery in kindergarten to correct it...I will need glasses for the rest of my life to keep it from coming back! woot!)

3. I am a puzzle junkie.  I love them!  I would do them every summer on vacation with my dad at a cottage on a lake while growing up.  We would sit for HOURS and work on some really tough ones.  If my kitty didn't like to play hockey with the pieces, I would do more at my apartment!
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm way late... but, better than never!

1) I have 3 tattoos and 10 piercings... I would have more tattoos if I wasn't going to be a teacher... I mean, ALL OVER :-)

2) I can't get enough of trashy reality TV on mtv and vh1... Tough Love, Fresh Meat, The Hills, etc.  I know, but I like being a brain leak for a little while.

3) My favorite music is hip hop. And my favorite rapper is T.I. :-)  I love classical, and my favorite composer is Vivaldi. But, I listen to EVERYTHING under the sun, I love music.
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards