Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thank GOD it's Friday

I know there is an acronym but I feel like today is worth spelling out. 

Today is tell me a random fact day and then tell me what you are doing this weekend?

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Thank GOD it's Friday

• Options
    In early drafts of the Back to the Future script, the time machine was built out of an old refrigerator.

So I think tonight BF & I will just be relaxing get some take out food. 
    Tomorrow is the big carpet tear out day.  We are getting started in the afternoon sometime not  sure how long it will take.  Hopefully not too long.
    Sunday not sure, hopefully all of the carpet is out and we can just relax, may be if the carpet isn't too big of a project Saturday we can try to see Hunger Games.Saturday night or Sunday during the day. Sunday night we will be relaxing watching the new season of Game of Thrones.

Anniversary

• Options
    Random fact: TGIF is not an acronym; it's an initialism. I didn't know the difference until a few months ago. I'm very glad, though, that today is indeed Friday. How are those invites coming, Ray?
  • Options
    Random: Scientists suggest that most people will fall in love approximately seven times before marriage.

This weekend: Pole fitness class tomorrow morning for the first time, not looking forward to it, MOH is coming to go look for her BM dress.  Trying my hand at making cajun jambalaya. Waves are big due to a south swell this weekend so trying to see if I can tame the savage beast on my paddle board.  Mom and Sister are coming down and we're going to go look at traditional Vietnamese gowns for the tea ceremony we're having in Maui before the wedding.  Yay!
  • Options
    eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category.

I'm working tomorrow, and then I'll probably play the Diablo 3 or WoW betas all night (providing they send me the stupid beta key... grrr...).

BF and I are heading to Saugatuck (artsy beach town) with another couple on Sunday. We're going to hang out on the beach, browse the shops, and have dinner. BF is super-excited because he's only been to Lake Michigan once.

He's from NM, so he's still getting used to seeing water everywhere. He was born in FL and moved to TX for a while, so he spent a lot of time in the ocean, but he was just a little kid. They moved to NM when he was 12. I'm glad he gets to be near water again.

• Options
    Random Fact: I don't understand no-pants-at-home thing. I completely understand the comfort factor, but don't you get a little chilly? Even at room temperature? Also, god forbid there is a wayward crumb on the couch. Should it touch my bare leg, it would surely ruin my day.

This weekend I am NOT going away anymore :( But that is because Jon made the convincing argument that we will enjoy it more when we aren't strapped for cash, and that he will give me a "night-away-at-home" tomorrow night and make me a nice dinner :)
  • Options
    I'll get back to you on the random fact. My head is too fuzzy right now.

This weekend I have dance rehearsal (show is two weeks away), and I get to ship H off to China. I'll probably take my mom to see Hunger Games on Sunday.
  • Options
    Tara- I love you.  I love that you don't wear pants.  :)
    Danser- why are you tearing out the carpet?
    Elle- Oh ok.  What is the difference?   They are coming good. I wrote about 15 yesterday.  I have to do the next 80 today. o.0 lol.  And no one is helping me now.  I might not be able to type after this.  Lol
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to Re:Thank GOD it's Friday:[QUOTE]Random Fact: I don't understand nopantsathome thing. I completely understand the comfort factor, but don't you get a little chilly? Even at room temperature? Also, god forbid there is a wayward crumb on the couch. Should it touch my bare leg, it would surely ruin my day. This weekend I am NOT going away anymore : But that is because Jon made the convincing argument that we will enjoy it more when we aren't strapped for cash, and that he will give me a "nightawayathome" tomorrow night and make me a nice dinner : Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

I don't wear pants at home either. And considering it will be 90 degrees tomorrow, definitely not chilly. Lol. I have a comfy pair of yoga pants I wear in winter, but most of the year, I change into a cotton dress as soon as I get home.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lyn- Sounds like a most awesome weekend is planned!
    Eir- who is this author?  That is neat though!  Sounds like a nice weekend as well.
    Sousa- that sounds really nice actually.  I love stay a home weekends but I am more of a homebody like that, :)
    Leia- you can just leave until you bring that fact missy!  Just kidding :)  Why is the H going to China?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Next Friday, (a week from today, yay!!) I am having laminate floors installed in my home.  So excited for it the carpet was horrible looking.

leia- what kind of show are you performing in?  Probably dance of some sort I remember you mentioning it and showing us the costume ideas.  I didn't know if it was a recital or a musical theater type thing

Anniversary

• Options
    Random fact:  A Russian woman holds the record for the most amount of children born to one woman, at 69 children.  She had 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets.  They were born between 1725 and 1765.

Weekend plans:  Yesterday was one of my nephew's 1st birthday, so tomorrow we are going to Tucson for his party.  Sunday we might go look at some granite for our kitchen.  Other than that, pretty laid back weekend.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Random Fact: If I ever see Rick Santorum on the street, I will kick him in the balls and gladly go to jail for assault.  Although, by all rights, put me in front of a jury of my actual peers, and they'll throw him in jail.  Amiright?

This weekend: we have date night tonight, so we're going out to dinner and then we're going to see Mirror Mirror.  I'm super excited.  I also forwarded M a job that I got contacted for (I didn't qualify, but he does), and he just talked to them.  They're getting ready to start the interview process with him, and the job pays almost 20K more than what he makes now.  So, that's exciting.

Tomorrow I'm doing Easter prep stuff with my mom.  We have to send a box to my brother, and I need to figure out what's going in M's basket.  And then Sunday I don't think I have anything planned except getting ready for the cluster that is going to be next week.  We have our quarterly meeting and happy hour next week, and then the week after my boss's boss is coming in from the UK.  SO, I get to play musical calendar.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-god-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5275cb40-40ff-486e-b3d6-d559e48296e3Post:7edc09ec-229c-4227-b0c3-44d25fc11e5f">Re: Thank GOD it's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Random fact:  A Russian woman holds the record for the most amount of children born to one woman, at 69 children.  She had 16 sets of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets.  They were born between 1725 and 1765. 
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Random Fact: I cannot stand the Duggar family from nineteen kids and counting. I understand that it is their belief not to use birth control or whatever, but they sicken me. Your last child died because you're body physically is not capable to carry children healthily at your age, and the child before that was born premature and was in NICU. Maybe it's time to stop. Studies show the older you are when you concieve children, the higher the chance that they will be born with birth defects or cognitive problems. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Weekend plans: My brother and sister in law are having a barbeque on Saturday, and then on Sunday we are having some friends from Wyoming down to visit. Good company, good wine. Uhm yes please.</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    Okay, okay.

Random fact: There is no absolute diagnosis for Parkinson's disease. You either have the symptoms and respond to medicine or you don't. This came straight from the top-notch Stanford neurologist on Monday. There is a project to identify genetic markers called 23andMe founded by one of the Google guys.

This new knowledge also means I've been meaning to share something on FB with y'all, but I don't want to do it here.

Raven - H is going to China for work. It's pretty common in our field (consumer electronics) because everything is made in China.

Danser - This is my dance school's spring recital. I'm in five pieces this time, and one is my musical theatre piece that I showed the costumes for. The others are jazz, tap, ballet, and contemporary.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-god-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5275cb40-40ff-486e-b3d6-d559e48296e3Post:bede5ecf-f893-4a3d-8f93-9c44ccf055ae">Re: Thank GOD it's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lyn- Sounds like a most awesome weekend is planned! <strong>Eir- who is this author?</strong>  That is neat though!  Sounds like a nice weekend as well. Sousa- that sounds really nice actually.  I love stay a home weekends but I am more of a homebody like that, :) Leia- you can just leave until you bring that fact missy!  Just kidding :)  Why is the H going to China?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]
    He writes science fiction and non-fiction.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Asimov" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Asimov</a>

He wrote a lot about robots, martians, etc, but he also wrote about astronomy, physics, the Bible, and anatomy. He was a brilliant man.

From Wiki: "Asimov was one of the most prolific writers of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and <font color="#000000">postcards. His works have been published in all ten major categories of the Dewey Decimal System".</font>
  • Options
    Random fact: paper clips are the most used invention over the last 150 years.

Weekend plans: Saturday I'm sponging the 3rd colour on our bathroom walls, then watching BF's playoff indoor soccer game. Then we're stopping at the mall to pick up a few things (loose tea, seaon 1 of Mad Men, and BF wants a new pair of jeans) then we're going out for dinner at one of my fave restaurants. Sunday I'm writing a paper and helping BF install all the stuff in our bathroom! Hopefully we can get evetything in so that the renos will be done!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That sounds like so much fun, I love performing in dance recitals and strictly dance performances.  Defintely post pictures after your done!

I'm so ready for work to be done and get out of here.  I'm really craving chocolate too, the carrots I'm munching on just aren't cutting it.

Anniversary

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    Danser, I sent you a friend request so you can see some of my other recital pics if you like.  =)
  • Options
    Yay!! thanks I will check that when I get home.

Anniversary

• Options
    Random fact:
    The word "lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
    (Something I have an issue with often.)

My weekend looks like this:
    My best friend just had surgery for an issue with her gallbladder and has been emailing me non-stop, so that is going to take up a chunk of my weekend. I hate not being across the state sometimes, by now I would have force fed her enough home made mac and cheese to feed 4 plus as many funfetti cupcakes as she could shove in her mouth. I work Saturday and Sunday, for a total of 8 hours, which annoys me, especially since we're trying to get most of our stuff moved into our new place this weekend. My boss for my full time job is coming next week to help us move all of our big furniture. I'm ready to be done moving, I hate it. I'm hoping I can convince SO to take me to our new favorite restaurant before work on Sunday, since he knows I'm super stressed. I see carne asada quesadillas in my future.
    Photobucket
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-god-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5275cb40-40ff-486e-b3d6-d559e48296e3Post:762a0806-8d08-4580-aa4a-226f89a81225">Re: Thank GOD it's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank GOD it's Friday : Random Fact: I cannot stand the Duggar family from nineteen kids and counting. I understand that it is their belief not to use birth control or whatever, but they sicken me. Your last child died because you're body physically is not capable to carry children healthily at your age, and the child before that was born premature and was in NICU. Maybe it's time to stop. Studies show the older you are when you concieve children, the higher the chance that they will be born with birth defects or cognitive problems. 
    Posted by prbright[/QUOTE]

There was an article on Huffington Post today where Michelle Duggar said the world needs more children because we need more joy, and that overpopulation is a lie.  I can't find the link to it because I read it on my phone, but that dropped my opinion of them a lot...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thank-god-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5275cb40-40ff-486e-b3d6-d559e48296e3Post:762a0806-8d08-4580-aa4a-226f89a81225">Re: Thank GOD it's Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank GOD it's Friday : Random Fact: I cannot stand the Duggar family from nineteen kids and counting. I understand that it is their belief not to use birth control or whatever, but they sicken me. Your last child died because you're body physically is not capable to carry children healthily at your age, and the child before that was born premature and was in NICU. Maybe it's time to stop. Studies show the older you are when you concieve children, the higher the chance that they will be born with birth defects or cognitive problems. 
    Posted by prbright[/QUOTE]

Agreed. BF's mom talks about how much she loves the Duggars all the time and I just shake my head. *sigh* There are so many things his parents say where I just bite my tongue but in my head I'm thinking "Are you F***ING SERIOUS?!"

Random Fact: There is an empty lot next to the apartments I live in that used to be an insane asylum but got shut down because of illegal drug dealing and prostitution going on in the basement.

Weekend Plans: I'm finally going to see The Hunger Games!!!!!!! (Yes I need that many exclamation points). I'm so excited! BF and I will probably go tomorrow. We could go tonight but I have a feeling that he won't want to go after work. Other than that I don't really have any plans other than hanging out with BF.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards