Not Engaged Yet

What to do on a solo "staycation"

Next week I have the full week off from work, but BF does not and he can't really take any of the days off. Sooooo, I have no idea what I'm going to do to occupy my time.

He suggested I go through all my belongings and decide what stuff I want to get rid of before I move in with him, which I can do in ONE day (and I've been doing slowly over the past few months anyway), but what do I do for the remaining 4 days? I've considered working on a painting I started last summer and never finished too, but that is the extent of my ideas lol.

Suggestions? The more the merrier!

Re: What to do on a solo "staycation"

• edited December 2011
    Read, relax near a pool, pamper yourself, learn to cook/  bake/ make something new, plan your reorganization of your bf's apartment since its probably pretty manly right now lol.... I'll try to think of some more things!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely baking. Try bakerella.com for some ideas. The red velvet cake balls get awesome reactions from my BF :) A staycation sounds amazing.
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_solo-staycation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5394c45c-1e3c-4f1d-b9ee-abf2ab601e5aPost:eb5b52cb-7f1d-4d1c-8d6e-67d2f85efa27">Re: What to do on a solo "staycation"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Read, relax near a pool, pamper yourself, learn to cook/  bake/ make something new,<strong> plan your reorganization of your bf's apartment since its probably pretty manly right now lol</strong>.... I'll try to think of some more things!
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

Lol, great idea! It's a house so that's even better! (small house, but still). Maybe I'll go in there and measure the rooms and existing furniture. Plus I'd get the sleep in as long as the dog allows.

edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I do enjoy my alone time, but I still really wanted to yaknow, GO somewhere with BF this summer and it's kind of hit me that we're going to have to stick to a weekend trip or daytrip or something.

Also, please don't take the previous comment as BSC, I read over it and thought "oh my... that sounds crazy." He has given me free reign to reorganize and redecorate his whole place since he said he likes my style (not froufrou... my whole apartment is shades of brown and blue with antique stuff throughout). He's not big into interior design... I showed him a bunch of paintchips when we were picking a livingroom color and he claimed they all looked identical, even though they were clearly different to me. lol

• edited December 2011
    I didn't take that comment as BSC, since you know, he actually asked you to move in with him. I feel like that's the not-so-fine line between pre-planning and rational actions. It's going to be your place too soon!

Have a fun staycation :) I second comments about going to the pool - wish I was there right now...
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_solo-staycation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5394c45c-1e3c-4f1d-b9ee-abf2ab601e5aPost:4c50363d-1b6a-46c1-ba10-8b0cf573e9b8">Re: What to do on a solo "staycation"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't take that comment as BSC, since you know, he actually asked you to move in with him. I feel like that's the not-so-fine line between pre-planning and rational actions. It's going to be your place too soon! Have a fun staycation :) I second comments about going to the pool - wish I was there right now...
    Posted by AnneR15[/QUOTE]

<p>Lol yeah true. I wish his roommate would give us an idea of what month he's moving out though!! It would help motivate BF to get some things done at his house and would motivate me to go through my stuff.

And there's a pool at my apartment complex so I will be enjoying that while I still can!
    </p>

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what I'd do.... NOTHING!!! When I have complete alone time, I like to get drunnk and watch Spice World or another equally cheesy movie. Movies you can sing to are the best. 

I realize I'm no help.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a combination of spending a few days doing something (rec centre, house re-organizing, museum, art gallery, spa day etc) and a few days doing nothing is a good balance. You want to reenergize yourself before you go back to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards