Not Engaged Yet
Options

Just in time for Friday...

Well, She Looks Like a Man Anyways...
http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_female-groomsman
(props to bethsmiles for finding this one!)

Scamming the System...
http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_not-talking-maid-of-honor

Maidzilla, Hear Me Roar!
http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_vent-sister-being-very-irritating-long

Baptism or Bachelorette Party?
http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-not-attending-bachlorette-party

Ugh, I'm soooooooo ready for this week to be over...trying to get over bronchitus, sound like I smoked about eight packs of ciggies in an hour, and don't feel much hotter.

Any plans for the weekend?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: Just in time for Friday...

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am very curious about the whole baptism/bachelorette one.  So the bridesmaid is currently pregnant and the wedding is in May...  but somehow she is going to have the baptism immediately after having the baby.  Maybe it is just my family but baptisms tend to occur when the baby is around 6 months.  Also, even if the baby is born today, it will be about 3 months at the time of the wedding.  Sorry, but I won't be leaving my 1, 2 or 3 month old baby to go to anybody's bachelorette party.  I bet that deep down the bride is scared that the baby is going to steal her thunder.

Scamming the system chick...  Um, reevaluate your friendship.  Sketchy.

I hope this weekend brings you relief.   How is your new place?!?! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mutley, feeling better from your trip?

::sending you lots of ginger ale and shoulder rubs::

The new place is, well, to be a total AW, GORGEOUS! That has been one of the few things to go right lately, lol. No gunshots or drug busts going on in the backyard - always a plus (lol)! Tons of room (1400 sq.ft.), more closet space than I know what to do with. My parents got me an IKEA bookshelf/desk unit for Christmas that is finally set up, so I have an actual office to work in for my Ph.D. writing/photography. The garden's re-started (all my plants died in the course of moving, so I had to restart my herbs and veggies), we have a working grill (thanks rickylee!), and I have an entire cabinet devoted to fish dishes. LOL...ah, the little things that make you giggle like a ten year old girl. I'll be posting pics soon - still doing some finishing touches on decorating this weekend.

Eh, I'm hoping the weekend gives me a chance to relax a little...the last few weeks have just been rough. The last two years have been rough...lol.

To make a really long and complicated story short (and a somewhat personal story a little more public-friendly), in the span of the last two years, I lost two close family members (including my grandmother, who was like a second mom to me), watched my grandfather (successfully!) battle with cancer, and have been fighting a very long and complicated battle with endometriosis, all around finishing a masters and starting a Ph.D. Honestly, save for FI and my trip to Belize in 2008, these have been the worst two years of my life. Thankfully, I've gotten through them somewhat ok, but in recent weeks, everything's begun to finally catch up with me and I've been fighting with what I suspect is depression.

I have an appointment with a counselor next week, and plan to do whatever I need to do to fix what's going on with me, but in between all that, I'm sick as a dog with bronchitus, had to deal with the big move, and have been dealing with some major drama at both of my jobs involving the same two people. The additional stress isn't really helping my personal mentality/emotional state, but I'm doing my best with the cards I'm dealt.

I just plan to relax this weekend, sleep as much as possible, hopefully spend some time with friends on Saturday. I haven't been all that great of company as of late, but I know it would be good for me to get out and be around friends.

::looking up:: Ugh, sorry I just totally unloaded on you...lol...sometimes you just need to get things out, I guess. :)

Hope you and LilMutley are feeling good :) I saw this t-shirt the other day and it made me laugh and think of you (next best thing to being stabby, right? lol)...

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    * hugs oceana. i'm eavesdropping on your post to mutley, but i'm sorry things have been so rough lately.

i hope you have a relaxing weekend, feel better, and enjoy your new place. I can't wait to see pictures!

Mutley, have you been looking at any more houses?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks doll ::hugs back::

Ooooh, yes, Mutley...me want house updates! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oceana that t-shirt is AWESOME! There's been another outbreak of my peers getting pregnant so between that and the video mutley posted earlier I'm am amused as all hell! 

Also, I hope this is the start of things looking up for you :-)

image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hugs for Oceana. On top of all that going on you are sick, that just takes the cake! I hope things start looking for you soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Oceana, I want to take you out for mojitos.

So happy that you love your new place.  Here's to new adventures, new beginnings and lots of happiness there.  Unload all that you need.  It is what keeps you more sane than not. 

Where did you find that shirt?  I might 'need' it. 

We are still house hunting and generally go to 1 open house a weekend.  We want to wait till June to have the most saved up.  We could buy now, but by waiting we will have even more in reserves and would feel more comfortable.  Our 2 dream houses are still on the market with no nibbles.  Yay for small town real estate.  
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww man I'm sorry you're feeling bad oceana.  But I'm glad most things are starting to look up for you.  Good luck working through it all and don't hesitate to let it out here when you need to.

Congrats on the new place!  I can't wait to see pictures too!
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the new place, and Mutley I agree that shirt is a "Need".

I think my favorite quate from those threads is "Remember, an invitation is not a subpoena". does the girl really think her BM is going to reschedule her childs baptism for a bachelorette party. I have a feeling she may be a bridezilla.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mutley, it's from CafePress. Some links to check out:

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/pregasaurus
    http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/pregnancy-humor

They have some great shirts over there. Some other preggo faves:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Those shirts are incredibly cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oceana - I'm sorry to hear it's been such a rough couple of years. I dealt with endo last spring. I was diagnosed with everything from kidney stones to cancer before someone said, "Let's just cut a hole in your belly button, stick a camera in there, and see what's up!" My relief from pain was almost immediate after they lasered/cut out the endo. It is miserable until they find a good way to treat you. I hope you find relief soon!

Enjoy your new place! Especially room for fish dishes! :)

As far as life changes, I'm signing with the realtor today. I drove over the river today - I love the river - and bawled. I'm excited to move on with bf, but I do love this city and have some great friends here. It will be an interesting few weeks/months!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    paint - yeah, that's basically what happened with me as well. I started symptomatic in Jan 2008 and I finally had my laproscopy in August 2009, and I'm still trying to get back to a relative state of normal. I also got the every diagnosis under the sun. The worst was when the doc suggested that I could have ovarian cancer a week after my grandmother passed from the disease. P{oor doc couldn't figure out why I had a total emotional meltdown in her office, lol.

LOL, yeah, the fish dishes are pretty amazing. It appears my mother is on a life mission to find every fish-themed kitchen/dining item and Christmas ornament known to man.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards