Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

FLIP FLOP BASKET- July Wedding

I am going to have a flip flop basket at the wedding for the girls. Do you think that it would be as well received for the men??? I am thinking no. But I am not sure.

Thanks!!

Re: FLIP FLOP BASKET- July Wedding

• I don't think you need them for the men. 
  • You don't even need them for all of the women, let alone the men. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Ditto aerin.  Not for everybody.  Flip flop baskets are a very considerate and sweet idea, but I'm comfortable in heels, and wearing flip flops at a wedding isn't my style, so I probably would not use them.
  • I personally, as an adult, am responsible for my own footwear.  I think it's loopy to provide footwear for any guests, male or female.  I get being a gracious host, but really?

And it's just me, but the cheap $2 flip flops really hurt my feet, so I would use them at all.  And my DH would NEVER, ever, ever take off his shoes and socks to put flip flops on with a suit.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Another thing to think about is that your older female guests may well wear hose, which means they can't wear flip flops.  We ended up mixing the flip flops with some cheap cotton Mary Janes for that reason.
  • No, you do not need them for the men, but if you want to do them for the ladies go ahead. It's normally a hit at the weddings I've been to, and much appreciated by me who's feet are normally killing me after a few dances. I'm doing a flip flop basket for my reception, but only for certain percentage of the female guests. I did not order flip flops for every single woman.
  • We had one and every female guest took a pair. The men were completely uninterested.
  • I am doing the flip flop basket.  I would prefer to have my guests dance in flip flops than having them barefoot (outdoor wedding), or in heels that will kill them.  We're doing for the women only, no men.  I only purchased 30 pairs because I figured not everyone would wear them.  I also purchased 3 different colors, to give the gals options.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • We are getting married in New Orleans and after the ceremony we are going around the block with a traditional 2nd line band, which will lead us to the reception site.  I know my friends, and in the South, we normally bring our own flops anyhow for a night of dancing.  We are having a flip flop basket- I bought a ton of sizes and colors- but way less for guys. 
    Target has them for $1 right now and Hobby Lobby has them for $0.70.  HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards