Not Engaged Yet

It's SOMETHING; I'm Not Complaining!

I got a call from the 3rd temp agency that I've signed up with. I originally signed on with them because I'd expressed interest in a particular temp-to-hire position. I went in on Monday and took a data-entry test, which I scored very well on (apparently my data-entry speed is 6,494 keystrokes an hour). They called me today to tell me that the company turned me down because I "didn't have enough customer service experience" (I call bulls#!t, but I digress).

However, they did have an interim position for me! Interim basically means really, really temporary. The position is only for a few weeks, and it's full time (40hrs a week) as a data entry clerk for a shipping company, and the pay? $15 an hour!! The woman from the agency was so cute. She said, "I know you're looking for full time, but we feel bad that the job didn't work out, so we thought we would offer you this in the meantime."

I start tomorrow!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: It's SOMETHING; I'm Not Complaining!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! You're right; it's something. But you never know where a temp position will lead - I know someone who was a temp for a well to do investment firm, and they wound up liking him. He's now an executive in HR.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's great news!!! Must be a relief, huh? :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo! Something is better than nothing, especially in this economy :D

• bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-something-im-not-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5cd806b4-eeda-4bba-ad01-da7e3f86ae70Post:1001f3a7-dd78-4fa3-8581-3726ba1f23e3">Re: It's SOMETHING; I'm Not Complaining!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woo hoo! Something is better than nothing, especially in this economy :D
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]
    Hells yeah. Good for you.
  • edited December 2011
    That's great! Congrats!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • run21run21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paycheck = good. Congrats! :) Go get 'em. Maybe it will turn in to something more. If not, it's paycheck for awhile!
  • edited December 2011
    That's good news.  I got a call today for an interview next week, so hopefully you're good luck will rub off on me.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_its-something-im-not-complaining?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5cd806b4-eeda-4bba-ad01-da7e3f86ae70Post:b1d079f1-5614-4afc-bf6d-54311b173bad">Re: It's SOMETHING; I'm Not Complaining!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's good news.  I got a call today for an interview next week, so hopefully you're good luck will rub off on me.
    Posted by AngieD&JoeD[/QUOTE]

**rubrubrub**

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • BCRockiesBCRockies member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you! I'll keep my fingers corss for something more permenant!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Have a great first day tomorrow!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats bside and good luck to you next week Angie!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fantastic!

I did temp work like this (short term, but full time) during the summers when I was in college and I loved it.  It was fascinating to see different corporate cultures and meet so many different kinds of people.  I still remember my favorite job...working for one of the major cable news networks.

For some reason, typing skills aren't really stressed in school anymore and I think that makes those who can type quickly and accurately highly desireable.

Good luck!  Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards