Not Engaged Yet

Friday night/KUI?

I'm drinking some wine, watching the rerun of the opening ceremonies, and thinking about packing. 

We have a wedding tomorrow for one of FI's college roommates, then my parents are picking us up in NJ Sunday morning to go to the beach with my mom's ENTIRE family for a few days.  (She's the youngest of 10.  There will probably be ~50 people there.)  My parents are awesome in that they love to hang out with me so much that they will drive an hour or two out of their way to make it happen - however we don't even get along that great so after 1.5 hours in the car with them I plan on sprinting to the beach on Sunday. :P

Re: Friday night/KUI?

• I'm packing:(  BF and I move into our new place next week.  He recently had back surgery and can't lift over 10lbs.  So I'm doing most of the packing for his place and all of it at mine.  Not fun.

There is no wine in my fridge either which makes this all that more painful!

I am jealous of beach time!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm not drinking anything either. Not much in the house and I started working out/counting calories this week so drinking is probably not a good idea :(

• Not drinking but eating some ice cream which is bad my stomach will pay for it later. What beach Katniss?

Anniversary

• Suzie - I hate packing and moving.  I feel your pain.

Leese - I've been doing that too, so one glass of wine makes me feel drunk.  I'm going to up my caloric intake on vacation so that I'm not losing weight because I don't want to get so drunk that I can't function off of something like 2 beers.  

Tarra - The thing that was on when I started watching the opening ceremonies was weird.  Some kind of skit about the internet?  Whatever, the music was good AND there was a clip from Trainspotting (one of my favorite movies ever).  Hope you're feeling okay.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:b680340c-7102-4db1-8edb-5581793f113b">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not drinking but eating some ice cream which is bad my stomach will pay for it later. What beach Katniss?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>I've told myself that if I continue to eat dairy products I will never be lactose intolerant.  I'm pretty sure that's 100% scientifically untrue, but for real, I don't know how I would survive without milk.</div><div>
    </div><div>LBI - Beach Haven to be exact.</div>
  • edited July 2012
    Ugh yes packing sucks. You always forget how much it sucks until you REALLY have to start and your like WTF why do I have all this shiiit.

Katniss, I barely ever drink anymore so I get drunk way too easily. It's too easy to have too much now without realizing it!

• LBI is awesome. It kills me not to eat milk products but I do sometimes.  When I don't touch dairy I have no stomach problems at all.

Anniversary

• Danser - we've been going here for over 20 years, staying in the same house for most years.   
  • Drinking wine over here. At my parentals.
  • Becunning, I know you're moving out but did you ever post about the discussion with your BF? If you don't want to talk about it or go into details I understand.

• I wish I was going to lbi I haven't been in years.  Have fun it sounds like a great time with family.

Anniversary

• I'm watching the Opening Ceremonies off my DVR and drinking a Shocktop.  I'm also really excited because several of our friends are back in town.
  • I'm on my phone right now. So it's awkward. The plan was for me to get space but to stay together. The today happened, and I dont think I want that. I got some bad medical news today, and I cried for a good five minutes with him in the room before he came over to try to comfort me. He did it by essentially making bad jokes about it. I got upset. Then he got upset because he didn't feel good... And it evolved into some weird fight that I didn't make lunch and should he cook for me/wait on me where I was still upset he let me cry for so long. I talked to best male dude, whose opinion I value greatly, and he essentially reamed BF and pointed out I rarely cry. /sigh/ So likely not together much longer, but my apartment isn't avail until 8/25.
  • Ughh that is awful becunning :(  I think you moving on is what's going to be best for you and you seem really excited about getting your own place. I think that says a lot. I'm so proud of you for making a good decision for yourself.

• I am crazy excited about my apartment. It's lovely, and I will happily put up anyone who wants to come visit! I think it says something too. I just wish I were moving sooner.
  • ZOMG I JUST SAW JO ROWLING.  We just watched the part where she reads a little passage.  *dies*

Sorry you're having such a rough day, Cunning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:5a6a2fa0-9bf0-4921-9a6b-c85340e66ecb">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Ugh yes packing sucks. You always forget how much it sucks until you REALLY have to start and your like WTF why do I have all this shiiit</strong>. Katniss, I barely ever drink anymore so I get drunk way too easily. It's too easy to have too much now without realizing it!
    Posted by leese19[/QUOTE]

These have been my exact thoughts tonight.   I know I have an unhealthy obsession with buying purses and shoes, but as I was packing them tonight all I could think was WTF is this still in my closet for.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Elle- What is Shocktop?

Becunning- I'm so sorry you got some bad news medically and hearing how your BF reacted to it.

Anniversary

• Well, I'm off to bed ladies. I have to get up early to go to a funeral for BF's friend & coworker. I think tomorrow is going to be a long day. :(

• Ugh I'm sorry becunning.  :(

Elle - a Shocktop sounds delightful.  I may move to a Blue Moon since I finished my wine.

So this is sort of embarassing to admit, but I can't stand when other people are sick.  Like I get super anxious and have to get away if there is even a chance of vomit.  (One of the reasons I'm not 100% on kids.)  Well FI came home wasted.  One, that's annoying because we have to be up early tomorrow and we both need to pack, and it will be a long day with the wedding.  Two, he's THAT drunk that vomit could be a possibility.  I literally started shaking and had to walk out of the room when he came into the living room to "talk" to me.  (Talk in quotes because homeboy is fuucking wasted, there is no real conversation.)  I'm sleeping on the couch tonight because I just can't handle this situation.  WTF?  I guess we need to have a chat.  I mean it's not his fault that I can't handle drunk/sick people, but I guess I'm also pissed off that we haven't had much time together this week (I started classes again) and instead of going out for a few drinks and coming home to hang out with me, he's passed out drunk at 10:30 pm.  Ugh.  I feel a fight coming in on in the morning.  I don't understand why he has to drink *that* much, especially with a wedding tomorrow and a beer pong tournament on Sunday.  Advice, words of wisdom, funny stories are all welcome as I go get myself a beer.  That's a reasonable reaction, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:84856058-21e2-489c-bb91-08cc9f17906c">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Elle- What is Shocktop?</strong> Becunning- I'm so sorry you got some bad news medically and hearing how your BF reacted to it.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Beer.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:9b65eb33-54c3-454f-bc68-5ac574058036">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night/KUI? : <strong>Delicious </strong>Beer.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>FIFY.</div>
  • Becunning - I'm sorry to hear that your relationship is crumbling :( That has to be hard.

• Yep, I'm at my parentals. I hope to get my paper finished and do some work. I can't really camp out here forever though because my kitties can't come. So here for the weekend, though bf made it clear he would like me to stay longer... I get impatient when people get crazy drunk, so I dont have advice. I am, however, getting more wine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:975b1819-51bc-49ae-adbb-3538a4913aec">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night/KUI? : FIFY.
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Thanks.
  • Thanks Beth. It's not easy, we have been together a long time, and it's sad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:86daf7ae-76af-44cd-b4ab-04d54e33bf51">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night/KUI? : *Died a little bit inside*
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

For real.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:089df073-8db3-4e30-8aa8-8c172fb52a0b">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh I'm sorry becunning.  :( Elle - a Shocktop sounds delightful.  I may move to a Blue Moon since I finished my wine. So this is sort of embarassing to admit, but I can't stand when other people are sick.  Like I get super anxious and have to get away if there is even a chance of vomit.  (One of the reasons I'm not 100% on kids.)  Well FI came home wasted.  One, that's annoying because we have to be up early tomorrow and we both need to pack, and it will be a long day with the wedding.  Two, he's THAT drunk that vomit could be a possibility.  I literally started shaking and had to walk out of the room when he came into the living room to "talk" to me.  (Talk in quotes because homeboy is fuucking wasted, there is no real conversation.)  I'm sleeping on the couch tonight because I just can't handle this situation.  WTF?  I guess we need to have a chat.  I mean it's not his fault that I can't handle drunk/sick people, but I guess I'm also pissed off that we haven't had much time together this week (I started classes again) and instead of going out for a few drinks and coming home to hang out with me, he's passed out drunk at 10:30 pm.  Ugh.  I feel a fight coming in on in the morning.  I don't understand why he has to drink *that* much, especially with a wedding tomorrow and a beer pong tournament on Sunday.  Advice, words of wisdom, funny stories are all welcome as I go get myself a beer.  That's a reasonable reaction, right?
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

I hear you.  Currently, BF likes to drunk dial me or drunk text me on his way home from the bar.  I still think its cute.  Ask me again in a few weeks when I have to share a bed with said drunko, and I can guarantee I won't think its cute anymore. 
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:40c96bfb-9be0-47f2-8f3a-efe92af81d76">Re:Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Beth. It's not easy, we have been together a long time, and it's sad.
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

Is there any part of you that still wants it to work, or are you just biding your time before you throw in the towel?

I'm not judging in any way -- I'm just asking.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-nightkui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6493f1b2-52d0-4fc4-89a4-652dbfd45389Post:dbbaf039-0f98-4af8-978d-87e3ce2cdcc7">Re: Friday night/KUI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday night/KUI? : Emotionally good.  I went without meds all day though and now I'm sweating from the cramps.  Whoops.  I guess I need to try to not be like "I'm a badass.  I don't need pain meds." E quoted to me that pain meds let your body focus on healing instead of pain management.  I told him that two years ago.  Caught.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

You married a wise man:)  Glad you are working your way back to 100%.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards