April 2012 Weddings

OK LADIES ADVICE PLEASE!!!

I and the FI are having a battle of sorts.  I would appreicate non snarky advice from you all since we are a sort of love love relationship here at the Knot.

I have the WORST mil and fil ever!  I know mean rigth but if you only spent time here listening to them it would make sense.  READY?

OK so since we have been together a long time 13 yrs actually, his mom and dad are just hostile towards him and towards myself for sure.  They did not seem happy at all for us to be getting married AT ALL. I mean that too.  FIL sat outside with FI and told him it is your choice have fun.

He FI was on the phone with his mom and get this she said to him well son we had in our family an aunt and uncle that never got married and just lived together so why not just do that???  Do that and have babies since that is all we care about anyway, grandchildren.  WTF!  I asked if he was joking when he told me this and he said NOPE!

So we are done with planning and need to do incidental things like buy small stuff and just make payments on our stuff.  I would love for them to get more involved BUT nope they could care less about our wedding.  We are going to a church and to a venue with a hotel attached so as to make sure that oot guests have a place to stay on if necessary. 

QUESTION:  How would you in a non snarky way towards your monster in laws tell them if they dont want to be involved in the process of the wedding planning or pay anything towards it they do not get a say in who comes and who doesnt come???  Also how do I get them to understand that their 36 yr old son is ready for a marriage and I will take care of him ???  I am 32 ( I know not a young bride but it is ok!) 13 yrs in the making we are getting married whether the monster in laws want us to or not ( his words to me!!)

Thanks and sorry that this is long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards