Not Engaged Yet

He proposed

Re: He proposed

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:9d9e08c2-6766-4b7b-9d33-af4c3d4fd8d8">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is... like...  beyond trolling.  What's worse than a troll?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

For. The. Win.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:27f28df6-35df-42df-bc8f-c4d88b232f21">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hoping Liv is right and there is just some miscommunication here.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't know why we keep trying to offer up explanations.  We're just giving her stories to use if she decides to come back.

Plus, when you hear hooves you don't think zebras.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:4b30fc10-62aa-4a08-970f-5d217f5bc1b4">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed : Honestly, I don't know why we keep trying to offer up explanations.  We're just giving her stories to use if she decides to come back. Plus, when you hear hooves you don't think zebras.

That's right. You think wildabeasts.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:77c84381-3a8d-4b7d-806b-5b9ee14927ec">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He proposed : That's right. You think wildabeasts.
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

Naturally.
  • Dude...OP, are you like that guy in fight club that is such an AW that he goes to cancer and AA support group meetings when he has none of the actual afflictions?

Methinks you need therapy.  And a lot of it.
  • Katniss, I sincerely hope it's something like you said. My heart broke for her when she first posted..and if that was some sick lie, I don't even know what to say. You have serious issues OP if you think that kind of trolling is funny.
    5/27/12
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re:He proposed:[QUOTE]Katniss, I sincerely hope it's something like you said. My heart broke for her when she first posted..and if that was some sick lie, I don't even know what to say. You have serious issues OP if you think that kind of trolling is funny. Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

Ok guys, siriusly. If there WERE a reasonable explanation, don't you think she might have posted something along the lines of "Hey ladies. You may remember me. My FI passed away last year? Well I thought I would update you on what's happened since..."?

Ugh. I'm just utterly ticked off about this.
  • I retract my previous comment.

I really hope you weren't lying last year OP, but your failure to come back and set the record straight makes me think you are a lying POS.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:cd15dc15-55c3-425f-91c5-2c940004704d">Re:He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:He proposed: Ok guys, siriusly. If there WERE a reasonable explanation, don't you think she might have posted something along the lines of "Hey ladies. You may remember me. My FI passed away last year? Well I thought I would update you on what's happened since..."? Ugh. I'm just utterly ticked off about this.

<div>I don't know, both of my friends would post stuff like "Eight year anniversary tomorrow!" when their previous relationships were all over facebook.  It was like they completely blocked that part of their life out of the memory or personal history.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I mean, yes in this case, it's completely weird that she didn't even say anything about her previous posts, but maybe that's why her posts are blocked?  (Also that would have been a really good function a few months ago..)</div>
  • For some reason, I keep reading the title of this post as 'He porpoised'.

• And she's never coming back. That's seriously messed up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:db34ad40-2bf3-4cf5-a126-f56ecf1c8a98">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]A quick stalk-fest of OP Preplanning a wedding 4 months before (click) 2 months before, BF has cancer (click) SO passed away ( click) 2 months later, update that SO passed away (click) And then no posts until today. Even if your post history is hidden on your profile, you can still search by username. WTF, OP? You SERIOUSLY owe us an explanaion, until then I'm going to assume you're a lying asshole. ETA: So, are your new FI and your dead BF BOTH named Eric? I assume not, so at some point in time you were posting from that SN, when you're with a different guy. Klassy.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]

I like that someone in the first clicky posted that itll be an ice rink wedding with an engagement chicken.

• Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:4833448a-8cdd-4709-8b8c-a397e9469e14">Re:He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have two friends who have dated dudes for a while, broke up, were in serious relationships with other people, got back with their first BFs, and just continued to count from their first anniversary.  So they'll say that they've been together with their SOs for 10 or 11 years, when really, they dated for a few years, dated another guy or two for another few years (yes, other serious relationships), and then got back with the original guy and all of a sudden they're celebrating 10 years together. At the one girl's wedding, if you didn't know she had a different serious BF in college, you would have just thought they dated for 9 years straight. The length of their relationship was mentioned more than once. Edited because I originally posted on the mobile site, which we all know completely sucks.
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

My sister did this as well. When she went off to college and her (now) FI went off to school she broke up with him so she could experience "college life". I remember she went on a few dates, but I don't think she had any serious relationships. They were broken up for about 2 years until the time her FI finished school and moved back home. They got back together over the summer and moved in together the next fall. They say that they've been together 9 years, but truthfully, it has only been 7 years in total and 5 years since they've broken up and gotten back together. It doesn't really bother me that she does this, but when she tries to use the length of her relationship to try to "one up" my relationship I have to really bite my tongue not to point this out to her. She gets super ticked off if you mention this, she likes to pretend it never happened.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Ugh.  I remember OP and all those previous posts.

I have to say that I felt something was fishy when she originally posted about her SO being sick.  I'm going to feel like an a$$hole if it really happened, but at the time, I had a feeling she was a psycho AW. 
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Maybe she just likes to plan weddings?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_going-look-jacksonville-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:488881b0-d05c-4efb-af40-7a49dfe94c76Post:5fe8f6b8-e3c1-4266-96b7-7d7b9dd352d2">Re: going to look @ jacksonville venue!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my bf and i are  paying for the wedding ourselves and already have a budget saved. <strong>Since i was previously engaged twice i have alot that i want to use since it didn't get used before.</strong> I do enjoy where we are most days but am ready to be a wife since i am already a mom. <strong> I have planned 2 previous weddings and all were within budget and none of my vendors changed their prices in the process</strong>, it can happen and thats fine too. But thanks for the advice guys.
    Posted by ericsbabygirl26[/QUOTE]
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • and is indicating that she is best friends with the father of her son and has been for five years, and he has now proposed after she lost her SO last April. - this exactly what i meant.....
     I also need to create a new email add so i can create a new user id on here, i would never lie about my former fiance passing as it was and is still hard.
    I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:f7f2c697-bcb5-46fa-9876-71e946dbb0c2">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]and is indicating that she is best friends with the father of her son and has been for five years, and he has now proposed after she lost her SO last April. - this exactly what i meant.....  I also need to create a new email add so i can create a new user id on here, i would never lie about my former fiance passing as it was and is still hard.
    Posted by ericsbabygirl26[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah...  nope.  Sorry, but I don't believe you at all.  Find a way to prove it and I'll consider it.</div>
  • This is for all you assholes, who have nothing better to do than say im lying. Its nice to know i came to this board years ago for inspiration when planning my wedding and ideas.

This is a copy of my former fiances obit......Richard Eric Britton passed away on Friday, April 8, 2011. He is survived by his companion Allison B, his mother  and two sisters. There will be a memorial service on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 2:00pm at Words of Light Church in Jacksonville, FL. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Cancer Society . Arrangements by National Cremation & Burial Society, Jacksonville, 904-346-3331.

I did create a new username so people dont get confused, but i will not post on this board again since you cant just say congrats.

• yes, In retrospect i should have said let me give you an update on where i am but i didnt come on here much before anyways. I honestly didnt think you would remember me and since i only come here for ideas anyways, i figured it didnt matter. Wow!!!!! Some people have too much time on there hands to care, whether i introduced myself again. It has been an incredibly long hard road and i am recently unemployed, this is the first bit of happiness i have had in a while.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:f9f0c966-e74f-430b-a68f-2e8a251ad2ff">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes, In retrospect i should have said let me give you an update on where i am but i didnt come on here much before anyways. I honestly didnt think you would remember me and since i only come here for ideas anyways, i figured it didnt matter. Wow!!!!! Some people have too much time on there hands to care, whether i introduced myself again. It has been an incredibly long hard road and i am recently unemployed, this is the first bit of happiness i have had in a while.
    Posted by allie&jas[/QUOTE]

<div>If you didn't think we would remember you, why would you come to tell us you were engaged?</div>
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:cf6e77ac-ead0-40d3-86f2-5e5952a93153">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is for all you assholes, who have nothing better to do than say im lying. Its nice to know i came to this board years ago for inspiration when planning my wedding and ideas.  This is a copy of my former fiances obit......Richard Eric Britton passed away on Friday, April 8, 2011. He is survived by his companion Allison B, his mother  and two sisters. There will be a memorial service on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 2:00pm at Words of Light Church in Jacksonville, FL. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Cancer Society . Arrangements by National Cremation & Burial Society, Jacksonville, 904-346-3331. I did create a new username so people dont get confused, but i will not post on this board again since you cant just say congrats.
    Posted by allie&jas[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ok...  So I did a little snooping (I have nothing better to do tonight -- go ahead and judge me) and found your full last name, and looked you up on facebook...</div><div>
    </div><div>and your story does seem to fit, from what I can find.  So, I guess consider my skepticism suspended for now.  There are still details that don't make sense, but I'm prepared to reconsider.

</div>
  • Yes apparently some of you have nothing to do. I didnt say who i was because no offense i consider you complete strangers, i listen, read and look at ideas others have. Its not like we hang on the weekends. So to me it doesnt matter.
  • @ buggle2. I guess what your saying makes sense, but i would never assume someone would lie about something like that and i would personally consider it distasteful to say so even if i thought it. But thats just me, i dont assume anyone is evil unless proven that way. Thank you for realizing and seeing it is still hard and i am glad we are happy even though i miss my former SO dearly. His family has been so supportive and were all like he's smiling down because your happy. I may consider sticking around, even if i just lurk HAHA.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:f05977d3-1844-4bfe-990a-2897b9b9045d">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes apparently some of you have nothing to do. I didnt say who i was because no offense i consider you complete strangers, i listen, read and look at ideas others have. Its not like we hang on the weekends. So to me it doesnt matter.

<div>I already admitted I have nothing to do tonight.  That's pretty much the topic of the latest thread on this board.</div><div>
    </div><div>What you're saying here is just very contradictory to me.  If you consider us "complete strangers" and only come on here to read for ideas, then why did you keep us up-to-date on your former FI's medical history?  Why did you bother coming to post when you got engaged this time?  I mean...  did you not <em>read</em> the responses you got from us after your former SO's death and memorial service?  Many of us, myself included, were genuinely heartbroken for you.  I thought about you and how much you had to be hurting a <em>lot</em>, and I said so.  But apparently that "doesn't matter" and wasn't enough to make you realize I'd remember you?</div>
  • sorry it came across rude, but the whole forum of posts were mostly distasteful in my opinon. I would never do that to anyone, even if i know them. But whatever, moving on:)
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:1c36886f-ac29-48cc-9121-aa3da86c11dc">Re: He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry it came across rude, but the whole forum of posts were mostly distasteful in my opinon. I would never do that to anyone, even if i know them. But whatever, moving on:)

<div>Well... you know... I find it distasteful that all the love you were shown here back when Eric passed away apparently meant nothing to you.</div><div>
    </div><div>And... what is it exactly that you "would never do to anyone?"  Fail to believe a story that didn't add up?  Ask for explanations?  Like Buggle said, try to look at this thread from an outside perspective and see how it just doesn't make sense.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, had you been lying, you would not have been the first. There was a poster on Snarky Brides a year or two ago named "Kate C" whose FI passed away in a sudden, tragic accident.  Or at least that's what she said.  A while later it came out that she had made most of it up.  It's pathetic, but this is the internet.  People do stupid things here when they get desperate for attention.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:b2873059-c3d7-4498-a673-f1f594e1c24e">Re:He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]A few internet forum lessons for you then, Allie. 1. If the story is too dramatic/effed up to be real, it's usually someone with too much time on their hands, making shiiit up and trying to get strangers on the internet riled up. Don't fall for it. 2. People say what they think. Feel free to do the same. If you ask for advice, you will get honest feedback. Everyone will not agree with you. People will tell you to pull your head out of your ass when you're being dumb. They're trying to help, not make you mad. We will not validate you when you're being crazy. 3. Stuff gets misconstrued REALLY easily, and you need to be really, REALLY clear that you tell all the important parts of the story. 4. Nobody is attacking you. Nobody is out to get you, or intentionally trying to hurt your feelings. If you feel targeted in a post, it is 99 likely that the poster did not mean it in the way you're reading it. Take a step back before replying, and don't take everything personally.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This should be incorporated into our sticky.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:aaa2691f-f32e-454f-9800-9a1c31135dbe">Re:He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Elle, I feel so validated right now!

<div>I'm tired (and dizzy, as I mentioned in the other thread) so I read that as "violated."</div><div>
    </div><div>I was like "Uhhh... you're welcome?"</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_he-proposed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6f5c2923-fa2a-4281-8039-a09f3a1d726bPost:4b456f08-85e8-4acf-af55-41591002489a">Re:He proposed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish. You had your chance to violate me, but you were too busy getting married. psssh.

<div>Whatev.  I violated you and Drew both.  I violated you guys so hard Drew threw up.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards