Not Engaged Yet

Poll: What is your favorite type of Girl Scout cookie?

So I got this awesome opportunity to enter into a food blogger competition for Girl Scouts in which they give you free cookies and you have to come up with a clever recipe using the cookies.

I can only submit one recipe so I want to figure out which is likely to be the most well received.

I only got boxes of Thin Mints, Samoas, and Tagalongs because we could only get a few and I figured I would have some yummy munchies should my recipe not win the contest. ;)

Thanks for your help!
Sent from my iPad - any unusual words or misspellings are due to an autocorrect incident that I may have missed.

Re: Poll: What is your favorite type of Girl Scout cookie?

• Thin Mints = AMAZING! I haven't had one in forever (they are not diet friendly and you can't have just one, you have to have an entire box!) but they were always my favorite as a kid.

BF's favorite are samoas though.

• I swear Thin Mints are made with crack. I just can't ever get enough. It's not fair only the damn Girl Scouts sell them once a year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_poll-favorite-type-of-girl-scout-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:70e04b8b-4470-41ba-912e-19a6714637ddPost:abdbdb78-2b64-468b-bc32-1ef2574833f5">Re: Poll: What is your favorite type of Girl Scout cookie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I swear <strong>Thin Mints are made with crack. </strong>I just can't ever get enough. It's not fair only the damn Girl Scouts sell them once a year.
    Posted by swhite2012[/QUOTE]

Truth. And then they send those adorable children to sell them to you and I always feel like a horrible person when I say no.

• @polkadot111 HAHA I love that!! So true!
    Sent from my iPad - any unusual words or misspellings are due to an autocorrect incident that I may have missed.
  • I love the Samoas, thing mints are a close second.

Anniversary

• Dude. Tagalongs. No question. Apparently I'm the only one in this thread who feels that way. But I'm still right.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_poll-favorite-type-of-girl-scout-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:70e04b8b-4470-41ba-912e-19a6714637ddPost:55b6c781-b395-4a9e-b07f-e364aca8303f">Re: Poll: What is your favorite type of Girl Scout cookie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dude. Tagalongs. No question. Apparently I'm the only one in this thread who feels that way. But I'm still right.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>This. All of this. Yum yum and yum. Keep in mind that a lot of people will probably do something with mint, so you could go against the grain and do something with peanut butter!!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• We have different Girl Guide cookies in Canda. They used to be made by Mr. Christie and I loved the chocolate mint and the vanilla ones. The only bad thing about the vanilla ones is they came in a box with 1/2 chocolate 1/2 vanilla cookies. Then Mr. Christie stopped making them and they're not the same and not as good. I used to be able to eat a whole box of chocolate mint cookies in one sitting. Now I buy them, forgetting how much I don't like them, eat one or two and the rest go stale.

• I voted thin mint but it was hard to choose between those and the tagalongs. Mmmmm
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Lemonadas or short bread ones. It's my crack!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_poll-favorite-type-of-girl-scout-cookie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:70e04b8b-4470-41ba-912e-19a6714637ddPost:55b6c781-b395-4a9e-b07f-e364aca8303f">Re: Poll: What is your favorite type of Girl Scout cookie?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dude. Tagalongs. No question. Apparently I'm the only one in this thread who feels that way. But I'm still right.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Not that you needed the validation, but yes the tagalongs are THE BEST GS COOKIE EVER!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MEEEE WANT COOKIES!!! NOMNOMNOMNOM!

Oh, wait...I can't. 

Stupid WW.  Stupid metabolism.  I HATE YOU ALL!
  • TAGALONGS.

Tagalongs, tagalongs tagalongs taga taga long tagalongs.Tag to the longs of a tagalong. A long tag a tagalong longs, tag tagalongs.
  • Mmm thin mints! I haven't had a box in a while but there's nothing like a thin mint straight outta the freezer!

• Omg Samoas=crack. I hate those tasty little things... I almost forgot about them.
  • Samoas. But if you live in the south bay, they're called Carmel deLites (or at least when I was a Girl Scout in the '80s). I was really confused when I saw a purple box that said Samoas on it. I learned that there were two bakeries in the Bay Area, and one called them Carmel deLites and the other called them Samoas.

No matter what you call them, they are delicious. The Dryers Samoas icecream is awesome, too.
  • I voted other because we only have 3 types of cookies here, so I don't know what some of those are.
  • I thought Samoas was no longer a PC term for the cookies?
  • Samoas are the best. I found a gluten free recipe for them and hope to make some this cookie season :d.

• Yaga and Leia - Effing YES. I grew up with Caramel DeLites and Peanut Butter Patties, and didn't know about the other names until I moved 70 miles away for college and was like "WTF are Samoas?" Then, because I am a ginormous Girl Scout nerd, I bought a box of Caramel DeLites and a box of Samoas and compared them. The Caramel DeLites are softer and have more caramel. The Samoas are crunchier with bigger chunks of coconut and darker chocolate. Both are effing delicious.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards