Not Engaged Yet

Workout Post (No Arms)

I think a couple people were interested in what my new workout looks like.  Our normal schedule is run on off days, plus one day off, then these on T/Th.  We had to push because one in our group had a thing Tuesday, so we did a "No Arm" workout last night, and we have all arms/chest tonight.  This is last night's workout.

Warm up:
35 jumping jacks
35 high knees
35 butt kicks
10 grape vines

Set 1

5 pushups X 20 crunches (1 pushup, 2 crunches, 2 pushups, 4 crunches, etc)
1min slippery mountain climbers

25 weight vest squats (20lb vest)

15 shoulder raises with weights (I used 5lbs in each hand)

50 reverse med ball crunches (12lb med ball)

10 belly bombers (burpee no pushup)

Break 2mins

Set 2

1 min plank with 30 second side planks
1min glacier jumps (jump side to side over mat)

25 v-crunches

20 streamline jumps (swim thing, step forward, reach your arms up above your head, hands over top of each other, jump, arms down, step back)

20 sit ups with weight while partner holds feet  (I used 5lbs)
Break 2mins

Final set
4 shoulder sets (forward, back, sides, and fly)
2min plank

100 side to side with med ball between legs
55 bicycles
6 times up and down the stairs with weight vest and 15lb weights
30 lunges each leg no weights

Cool Down: 10 min walk
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Workout Post (No Arms)

• Printed this out, thanks!

• Just looking at that makes me break a sweat. That's enough work out for me, thanks! 
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Wow that sounds amazing. My body hurts just thinking about it!

Anniversary

• I actually don't hurt nearly as badly as I did after the first one.  My legs hate me this week, but they'll get over it.
    I french with my man
  • Holy cow.  How long does it take to get through the whole workout?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_workout-post-no-arms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:73c44e22-45ea-44eb-ab36-a544b279764cPost:14cff095-f087-4133-b259-b44d6aa7ac37">Re: Workout Post (No Arms)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy cow.  How long does it take to get through the whole workout?
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

With 4 of us sharing equipment, it takes about an hour.  More if we need a longer breather because someone's dying.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_workout-post-no-arms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:73c44e22-45ea-44eb-ab36-a544b279764cPost:acb3742c-5296-4f89-a9a1-20b17e2cce58">Re: Workout Post (No Arms)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Post (No Arms) : With 4 of us sharing equipment, it takes about an hour.  More if we need a longer breather because someone's dying.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

That is intense, lady.  I train with a trainer about three times a week for 30 minute sessions and I feel like I'm dying at the end.  I don't think I could make it through an hour.  Good for you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_workout-post-no-arms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:73c44e22-45ea-44eb-ab36-a544b279764cPost:d81404fe-5cc1-451c-92ee-5c03efc40ad9">Re: Workout Post (No Arms)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Post (No Arms) : That is intense, lady.  I train with a trainer about three times a week for 30 minute sessions and I feel like I'm dying at the end.  I don't think I could make it through an hour.  Good for you!
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]

<div>We have like three months before Tough Mudder, and I am a weakling.  So, onward.  Our "trainer" does a really good job of just pushing us hard enough though.  I've done really well with knowing my limits, so I've been sore, but not too bad.  M's other roommate who doesn't workout, however, can barely move.</div>
    I french with my man
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards