Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Venue Help Please!!

Hi All!

I am newly engaged, and just starting planning. My fiance and I are not religious at all so I would rather not get married in a church, but also we are having a fall wedding so I was thinking it may be too cold to do outside. Any ideas of an inside location that might work?

Re: Venue Help Please!!

• Your best bet is to post this on a local board for South Dakota. This is an international board

Congrats and good luck.
  • Yes please don't do it outside.  I just attended an outside wedding (both reception and ceremony) in October and everyone was freezing!
    Photobucket
  • Sue,

i have posted it on SD's board but was also looking for more general ideas, not so much certain locations specifically. Does that make sense?
  • I got married in September in MN. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cold. If you have your heart set on an outside wedding in the fall in SD I would suggest September be the latest you do it. October is pretty iffy when it comes to temps.
  • Try a country club with lots of trees and lots of windows, so your guests can enjoy the lovely fall colors without having to endure the unpredictable temperatures.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey! Im from SD.  My first question is where in SD are you lookin? If you're in the spearfish belle fourche area-do it at the Spearfish Creek!  You could use the building there as a 2-in-1.  For me I am gettin married in September and will be getting married in Columbia SD in a location similiar to that.  If your fiance is a big sportsman why not do it at a hunting lodge?  Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing a Fall Theme Wedding also and we are not religious either. So we booked a golf course for 10-08-11. They have an outside area for the ceremony and then we will have the reception on the inside. Works out great because like South Dakota......St Louis has weird weather!!! So we will have the best of both and should it rain we will get married inside as a back up plan! Most golf courses have wedding options! Check them out for your area! This is how they do extra business in off peak golf times!

Other idea is a winery! Most winery have inside and outside options for weddings! Hope this helps! Congrats! ~Amy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards