Not Engaged Yet
Options

sorry for the rant..

.. but it will make me feel much better knowing its out there and somewhat off my chest.

I'm really upset about my cat. I couldn't make it to the appt. because my mom was supposed to take him and I didn't want my last memory of him being that kind of thing, so I choose not to go. Well my mom got stuck at work and my step-father brought him. He literally handed him over the receptionist and left! I couldn't believe it and feel awful that my cat was alone when they put him down!! Just makes things worse I feel like.

Then Sunday was a huge family party and most of my family was there and having a good time. My cousin B was giving my younger (17y-o) cousin M drinks! And this went on all day and I didn't know the extent of it. Come to find out now M's mother and mine are pissed with me because I didn't stop it! COME ON! It wasn't my turn to watch him and he is a big boy who can make his own choices! I don't have to watch him and I do not feel I was irresponsible!

My grandfather was rushed to the hospital last night and is now up in a room waiting for them to run more tests and decide what to do with him.

There is way to much going on right now in my head! Sorry for taking up so much room but I had to get it out! Thanks for listening.
friends tv show funy

Re: sorry for the rant..

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So why is it your fault that one cousin was giving another drinks? Sounds like it makes about as mch sense as my rant a few posts below.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about your cat. *hugs* It's a hard thing to go thru but at least kitty isn't suffering.

As for your cousins - eff that! They are old enough to know better. Guess whose responsible in this situation? Not you!!  People are responsible for their own actions.

I'm sorry about your grandfather, what seems to be the problem? Was he feeling unwell or...?

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

That's the part that I don't get. For some reason my aunt needs to blame someone and I am getting the brunt of it. I didn't know how much he was drinking and I also told him that he shouldn't drink because he was driving, but then he told us he was staying so we gave him a little bit more lee-way (sp). My aunts arguement is that "He didn't know if he definately wasn't driving" He said he wasn't and we wouldn't have let him so i don't know what the big deal was with that.. but oh well. Now she wants to talk to me but I'm going to wait for her to call me.

friends tv show funy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grandfather (Papa) couldn't breathe and has a bunch of congestion in this chest so they are making sure he doesn't have an infection.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sorry-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75a2752d-bb36-4248-b007-bae789d4aeaaPost:196bc3a9-54dd-4a94-a21a-23590a4e1e8f">Re: sorry for the rant..</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's the part that I don't get. For some reason my aunt needs to blame someone and I am getting the brunt of it. I didn't know how much he was drinking and I also told him that he shouldn't drink because he was driving, but then he told us he was staying so we gave him a little bit more lee-way (sp). My aunts arguement is that "He didn't know if he definately wasn't driving" He said he wasn't and we wouldn't have let him so i don't know what the big deal was with that.. but oh well. Now she wants to talk to me but I'm going to wait for her to call me.
    Posted by cdechristopher[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm very blunt with my family so I'd probably just tell the aunt that yes I let him have a drink.  He is an adult (almost) and can make his own decisions.  If he made the wrong decision then you need to speak to him about that, not me.</div><div>
    </div><div>Sorry hun:/</div>

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sorry-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75a2752d-bb36-4248-b007-bae789d4aeaaPost:4cb78f19-f504-45ae-abbc-adc7eab8dc16">Re: sorry for the rant..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Grandfather (Papa) couldn't breathe and has a bunch of congestion in this chest so they are making sure he doesn't have an infection.

<div>Hopefully that goes well! Would they just put him on antibiotics if he has the infection or would it require a stay?  </div><div>
    </div><div>These grandparent things have been happening all around me lately - I guess it's the age we're at...</div>

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sorry-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:75a2752d-bb36-4248-b007-bae789d4aeaaPost:797cbdcf-47ac-415b-b42f-a168afc3644d">Re: sorry for the rant..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: sorry for the rant.. : Hopefully that goes well! Would they just put him on antibiotics if he has the infection or would it require a stay?   These grandparent things have been happening all around me lately - I guess it's the age we're at...
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are going to be giving him an antibiotic, but they want to find out what it really is because the same thing happened a few months ago and as soon as the meds were out of his body, it came back again, so we want it to go away for good. Hes a fighter though so I'm sure he'll get over it, its just tough cause he is 88.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sorry-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75a2752d-bb36-4248-b007-bae789d4aeaaPost:b3126013-30d5-4989-bb4b-682861dd35ba">Re: sorry for the rant..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: sorry for the rant.. : Yeah they are going to be giving him an antibiotic, but they want to find out what it really is because the same thing happened a few months ago and as soon as the meds were out of his body, it came back again, so we want it to go away for good. Hes a fighter though so I'm sure he'll get over it, its just tough cause he is 88.
    Oh yeah...I know how that feels.  Grandfather was in and out for a couple months until they diagnosed his heart problems.  Good news is  - once there's a diagnosis it's a lot easier to move forward.  I think it's the not knowing that always bugs me.  You and your family are in my thoughts, hun<div>
    </div><div>And, when you get a chance, corner that little cousin and give him a swift kick in the arse for getting you yelled at;)</div>

Murried Bio
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sorry-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:75a2752d-bb36-4248-b007-bae789d4aeaaPost:e2306661-3e99-47de-af0f-5edb2f9a2126">Re: sorry for the rant..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: sorry for the rant.. : I'm very blunt with my family so I'd probably just tell the aunt that yes I let him have a drink.  He is an adult (almost) and can make his own decisions.  <strong>If he made the wrong decision then you need to speak to him about that, not me.</strong> Sorry hun:/
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

Ditto this! If no one specifically asked you to watch what he was drinking, how the heck were you supposed to know they wanted you to do so? Logic fail.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about your kitty. There's not much any of us can say to make you feel better but I'm truly sorry you're dealing with this loss.

As for your aunt, I think I'd look at her and say, "I didn't know it was my turn to be his mother." I mean seriously! It is not your responsibility to make sure your cousin isn't drinking! If you were the one shoving drinks down his throat, then yeah, but it's just silly that she would blame you!

I hope your grandfather is doing alright and that it's just a quick fix.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards