Not Engaged Yet

Intro! Hi everyone!

Screen Name: ifeelgoodifeelgreatifeelwonderful

Significant Other's Age: 27 

What You Do: Project Manager, Pharmaceuticals

What SO Does: Chemist

State of Relationship: serious, debating officially moving in together..

How Long You've Been Together: 1 year

How You Met: online, I was signing in to cancel my account and thought I would check just one last message

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): none

Real Babies: none

Fur Babies: a pitbull mix named Molly and a cat named Misti

Loves: honey mustard, planning, naps, using my steam vac (best purchase EVER!)

Hates: sand

Pet Peeves: people who walk slow and manage to take up the whole sidewalk

Hobbies/Activities: playing volleyball, kickboxing

Favorite Thing About Your SO: I love that we can be doing nothing and still have fun together

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: leaves stinky gym clothes all over, seriously all over, he will take his shirt off in the kitchen, socks by the stairs, shorts on top of the laundry basket

Describe Your Personality: sarcastic, quiet at work but loud around friends

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6

I've Been On TK Since: a week-ish

How You Came to Be On TK: I signed up for the nest originally but heard of the knot from being my sister's MOH.

How I like my potatoes: love twice baked potatoes

Favorite book/author: I like Sophie Kinsella as an author and also just recently read "Heaven is for real" which was a great book

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: When I go home today I'm going to nap, but if my boyfriend asks what I did all day I'm going to act like I cleaned the whole house ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Intro! Hi everyone!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:31101b44-b09b-4859-ba32-14da8eff5e69">Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Screen Name: ifeelgoodifeelgreatifeelwonderful Age:  27 Significant Other's Age:  27  What You Do: Project Manager, Pharmaceuticals What SO Does: Chemist State of Relationship: serious, debating officially moving in together.. How Long You've Been Together: 1 year How You Met: online, I was signing in to cancel my account and thought I would check just one last message Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): none Real Babies: none <strong>Fur Babies: a pitbull mix named Molly and a cat named Misti </strong>Loves: honey mustard, planning, naps, using my steam vac (best purchase EVER!) Hates: sand Pet Peeves: people who walk slow and manage to take up the whole sidewalk Hobbies/Activities: playing volleyball, kickboxing Favorite Thing About Your SO: I love that we can be doing nothing and still have fun together Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: leaves stinky gym clothes all over, seriously all over, he will take his shirt off in the kitchen, socks by the stairs, shorts on top of the laundry basket Describe Your Personality: sarcastic, quiet at work but loud around friends Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6 I've Been On TK Since: a week-ish How You Came to Be On TK: I signed up for the nest originally but heard of the knot from being my sister's MOH. How I like my potatoes: love twice baked potatoes Favorite book/author: I like Sophie Kinsella as an author and also just recently read "Heaven is for real" which was a great book Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: When I go home today I'm going to nap, but if my boyfriend asks what I did all day I'm going to act like I cleaned the whole house ;)
    Posted by ifeelgoodifeelgreatifeelwonderful[/QUOTE]

<div>Need furbaby pics immediately! I'd be a crazy cat lady if my FI would let me & we have a pit named Lucy. </div><div>
    </div><div>What's the last movie you saw in the theater?</div><div>What's your favorite alcohol beverage?</div><div>Where did you go on your last vacation?</div>

• Hello and welcome!

Do you have an all time favorite movie?

Favorite desert?

Anniversary

• Hi ladies, I would love to add pics but still need to figure out how..that gives me something to do today while at work ;) I laughed at the crazy cat lady comment, I made the rule no more pets than people in the house. I'm trying not to be a crazy cat lady, but if I'm not married by 35 I'm going to take that route.

What's the last movie you saw in the theater? The Muppets, it takes a lot to get me to a move theater because I hate the feeling that I'm chaperoning a middle school date night

What's your favorite alcohol beverage? My usual go to is cherry vodka with sprite, but I never turn down a fancy flavored martnin

Where did you go on your last vacation? South Carolina, but not much of a vacation because I was there with my BF for his bro's wedding and spent the whole time with his family. In two days I'm heading to Mexico with my college friend so I'm super excited!

Do you have an all time favorite movie? What About Bob (that's where I got my screen name from)

Favorite desert? Cheesecake

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome!  I too dislike people who walk slow and can't pick a side of the sidewalk.

Where are you going in Mexico?  I'm jealous....I want a vacation something bad.
  • Figured out pictures!
    This is my cat and dog getting along - long enough for me to take a pic at least

And this is my super scary pit bull in her rain coat!

I am going to an all inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen where my sis and her H have been going every year since their honeymoon. They have only good things to say about it and in reviews I've read a lot of young people also go there so I'm hoping my friend and I have an awesome time. I plan to drink my weight in fruity drinks! This is my first real vacation in a long time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG I love your dog. One of my best friends has a pit, and I always take pictures & caption them like that... "vicious pit bull about to eat my face off" when he's giving me kisses, or something like that.

I'm also on my way to a crazy cat lady. :-)

Welcome!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:e931e78a-5825-4e99-a1aa-9a9eb6b05cb9">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I love your dog. One of my best friends has a pit, and I always take pictures & caption them like that... <strong>"vicious pit bull about to eat my face off" when he's giving me kisses</strong>, or something like that. I'm also on my way to a crazy cat lady. :-) Welcome!
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Ha, love it! One day I was out walking her in my development and some random neighbor was like your dog looks mean. Really?! She was in a pink sweater! How does any dog in a sweater look mean?? When raised correctly they are really sweet dogs, that goes for all dogs really.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1 I was like "her name is from 'What about Bob?' my favorite movie" 2 My bf and I have a similar online dating start. I was almost done with Match. Decided to delete messages found one I hadn't read. We've been together ever since. We are moving in together in November. 3 I used to have a pit named Lily. She was a BIG sack of lovin. And would cuddle my head like a cat. I like you. Other than "What about Bob?" your favorite recent movie would be?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:6bacb008-1821-4c2c-b32c-d21955945bc7">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You have the longest SN ever.</strong> I love your dog in the raincoat. I work at a rescue and have yet to meet a pit I didn't like, but your pit in a raincoat might win for cutest.  My last vacation was also to SC, and I also like Sophie Kinsella.  That's all I got right now, I'm tired. But welcome. :)
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously surprised it let me have this long of a sn!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:cdf0c06a-d388-492a-87a2-bbdf00800e0f">Re:Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]1 I was like "her name is from 'What about Bob?' my favorite movie" 2 My bf and I have a similar online dating start. I was almost done with Match. Decided to delete messages found one I hadn't read. We've been together ever since. We are moving in together in November. 3 I used to have a pit named Lily. She was a BIG sack of lovin. And would cuddle my head like a cat. I like you. Other than "What about Bob?" your favorite recent movie would be?
    Posted by JBSMADA10[/QUOTE]

Too funny, I'm glad online dating worked out for you also! I wasn't expecting much from it and figured worse case scenario I meet some weirdos and have funny dating stories to tell to all my married friends, but it worked out! Oh, and I did meet some weirdos..
    My favorite recent movie would have to be the Muppets, I laughed so hard in that theatre and then when the movie came out on DVD I made sure I was working from home that day so I could go get it. I went to CVS in the afternoon and they weren't on display yet so I asked and this poor teenage boy went and got one out for me (probably thinking I was crazy).
    Has anyone seen Ted? If I can get myself to go to the movies I will see that next, I heard it's funny.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ted was hysterical! Go see it.

Anniversary

• It's on my to do list when I get back from vacation!
    Any one else have any fun trips planned before summer is over? It's going by way too fast.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:f5fbb8bf-6771-426a-ae48-40200078d0de">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Figured out pictures! This is my cat and dog getting along - long enough for me to take a pic at least And this is my super scary pit bull in her rain coat! I am going to an <strong>all inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen</strong> where my sis and her H have been going every year since their honeymoon. They have only good things to say about it and in reviews I've read a lot of young people also go there so I'm hoping my friend and I have an awesome time. I plan to drink my weight in fruity drinks! This is my first real vacation in a long time.

<div>Cute furbabies! Which all-inclusive are you going to? My H and I just got back from our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen a few weeks ago. And rdr is going there for her HM, and Leia went there for hers as well. Clearly we like Playa del Carmen around here.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:fbdbf1f7-8c9e-4f23-9e1c-9ef22f59bfa6">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro! Hi everyone! : Cute furbabies! Which all-inclusive are you going to? My H and I just got back from our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen a few weeks ago. And rdr is going there for her HM, and Leia went there for hers as well. Clearly we like Playa del Carmen around here.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I hope you had a great honeymoon!!
    How did you like it there? We are staying at The Royal. I think what sounds nice about going there is they have the little town so you don't have to just stay at the resort. I really hope it's not all just honeymooners - no offense to you all haha. I am just going with a friend from college for a long girls weekend. Any tips for going there? Should I learn how to say 'that costs too much' in Spanish?

Also going to throw this out there because I feel weird about it...when I signed up this site MADE ME enter a wedding date. I tried to leave it blank but it wouldn't let me. So I randomly choose next Sept - wishful thinking haha or a jinx?!? Now I feel like I will jinx myself and never get engaged and I will blame this site />:0 Or maybe things will work out like the book The Secret says and now that I put my random wedding date out into the universe my BFwill just somehow be inspired to propose sooner than later and that can be my real wedding date? OK - that last thought is crazy but it was worth a try ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Guys, I'm concerned with these new, sane people. I mean, I like it, but whenever sane people come, even more BSC people follow.

Welcome! You seem very sane. Our jobs probably have a lot of overlap -- I work as a phase I oncology research nurse.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:3246f321-88bc-448f-ae79-7884640d2354">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys, I'm concerned with these new, sane people. I mean, I like it, but whenever sane people come, even more BSC people follow. Welcome! You seem very sane. Our jobs probably have a lot of overlap -- I work as a phase I oncology research nurse.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]
    I came back to this post and laughed because of the most recent post with the big pink promise ring.

Anniversary

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:f5fbb8bf-6771-426a-ae48-40200078d0de">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am going to an all inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen where my sis and her H have been going every year since their honeymoon. They have only good things to say about it and in reviews I've read a lot of young people also go there so I'm hoping my friend and I have an awesome time. I plan to drink my weight in fruity drinks! This is my first real vacation in a long time.

That sounds amazing.  I went to an all-inclusive called Le Blanc last year in Cancun and it was hands-down one of the best vacations I've been on.  Now I'm even more jealous. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:8d1dad0a-c844-4efe-bf29-f3db581b2a19">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro! Hi everyone! : I came back to this post and laughed because of the most recent post with the big pink promise ring.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad you all think I am normal =) I am enjoying reading posts of people who are a hot mess. I would like to clarify, I'm not engaged/pre-engaged/engaged to be engaged or dating my fiance-to-be (or whatever else these crazy kids call it these days). I just have a BF and would prefer it stay that way if my other option is a hideous pink ring.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:d64e686b-8277-45ab-8e60-21f92df71f97">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Intro! Hi everyone! : Well I'm glad you all think I am normal =) I am enjoying reading posts of people who are a hot mess.

Keep hanging around and you will see the hottest hot messes ever witnessed in captivity.

• good to know, I look forward to it. I also just really love saying the phrase "hot mess."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! I am new myself. I've been lurking for several days but I just got a screenname yesterday :) Apparently, I seem normal. So do you! 

What are your top four favorite things in your closet right now? 
    You're so rad, more rad than my dad If you were a fabric you'd be plaid Everybody knows plaid is so rad I think about you and I go mad You're so rad

~The Bouncing Souls

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Hi ladies! Glad we both passed the normal test! Top 4 favorite things in which closet haha...I've also taken over the spare bedroom closet. I'll go with the comfiest pair of black Ralph Lauren heels ever, a LBD dress from BCBG that I spent way too much on and haven't worn since I was single, a sundress from The Loft, and my brown knee high boots. What about you? That was hard to narrow down 4 specific things. Favorite cupcake..well last weekend I was shopping at whole foods with my pregnant sister (who I'm pretty sure only shops there so she can buy cupcakes) and I got an amazing caramel flavored one. Not sure what the name was though. Favorite artist...no idea. I'm not classy enough to be into art I guess =\

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_intro-hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7afd5f16-2e5a-4f5c-ac77-24a68db84032Post:38082204-055f-465c-9416-0180a5a27955">Re: Intro! Hi everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about you? That was hard to narrow down 4 specific things.  <div>Posted by ifeelgoodifeelgreatifeelwonderful[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>Hmm....I would have to say: </div><div>
    </div><div>1. a pair of Lucky brand jeans that are perfectly worn in and fit me like a glove *sigh* </div><div> </div><div>2. My retro black and white polka-dotted swing dress (an indulgance from uniquevintage.com)</div><div>
    </div><div>3. My Gir (from <em>Invader Zim</em>) hoodie </div><div>
    </div><div>4. My purple jellie flats :)</div>
    You're so rad, more rad than my dad If you were a fabric you'd be plaid Everybody knows plaid is so rad I think about you and I go mad You're so rad

~The Bouncing Souls

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Your side info avatar thing says Philly.  Maybe we're neighbors! haha
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards