Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

non-religious officiant script

Are any of you ladies writing the script for your officiant? I've heard of a few people doing this and I was wondering if thats a normal regular thing.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: non-religious officiant script

• Our officiant is a friend who got ordained for us. He, FI and I wrote our ceremony together. I think most professional officiants have something for you to work off of.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Our officiant was a Judge. She had a bunch of sample ceremonies. You could just pick one of those, write something up entirely your own, or pick whatever bits you liked out of the sample ceremonies and add/change/delete parts as you see fit. I opted for the third option. I took pieces out of a few of the sample ceremonies and put them together, then added some stuff I found online, etc. It turned out really nicely.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our non-religious officiant gave us a questionnaire to fill out and will use that information to write our story into the ceremony script. We get to approve it..when we eventually receive it haha.

FI and I are going to write our own vows together, but we do not want to write the entire ceremony ourselves. But if you have a vision and know how you want it to flow, definitely go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Your officiant will give you several sample ceremonies.  Our officiant gave me one really religious one, one that mentioned God a couple of times, and one contemporary one that did not mention God or religion in any way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards