Not Engaged Yet

Party Ideas?

My friend is going away for a year to Africa.  I am throwing him a going away party.  Do you guys have any ideas for fun things we can do?  So far I have bets on what will happen to him in Africa, and a pinata.  Any other ideas?  It is a family scene with older teens and adults. 

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Party Ideas?

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would most definitely fill the party with foods that he'll miss!

ETA: YGPM
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I asked him what kind of food he wanted but he wouldn't tell me!  GAH men are so frustrating sometimes!
    Nevermind I found it.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YGPM Lunar!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    I think that it's a great idea to make tradiational american foods, maybe a bbq? And you could even get people to make small packages with things people think he'll need! like gallon sized sandwich bags full? 
  • edited December 2011
    I actually have a friend in Africa, went away for what he thought would be a year, has now been about 3!! (he's helping to filter the water in Rwanda).

One of the things he always does when he comes home (we're in California), is he HAS to have In-N-Out....so i'd find out what his favorite resturant is and see how much it'd be to have food catered (maybe have friends pitch in). My friend out there says he gets rice almost everyday and sometimes (on a good day) is given Lamb...hopefully it'll be different for your friend! :)

As for games, we didn't do much for our friend, just had a pool party with In-N-Out...I like the idea of figuring out what's going to happen to him! LOL...

A nice gift, would be a "survival kit" for him. We send one every few months to our friend...again, I don't know what your friend is doing out there, but our friend has a little bit of downtime, so we send him books, astronaut food (so it won't go bad in the trek to him there), and gum and such...

Good luck!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards