Not Engaged Yet
Options

April Fools

Anyone else here pranksters?

My previous boss and I still work very closely together. He and I have been pranking each other for years...never mean spirited...always in good fun. This year I'm turning his office pink. Another co-worker and I are coming in Sunday and replacing everything with pink items. I found a calculator, binders, stapler, push-pins, paper clips, post-its....all at the $1 store and all in PINK! I'm going to re-cover his chair in pink fabric, hang pink streamers from his ceiling and replace the photos in his picture frames with pink poodles. I can't wait!

Last year he covered my office in camo and hunting photos...to this will be fitting payback. I promise to post pics Monday!

Anyone else have a prankster streak? Anyone planning some April Fools Day fun?

Re: April Fools

• Options
    I really want to get FI with something, but I'm still trying to think of a good one.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_april-fools?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b06a2b3-4f37-4180-961f-65c96c0bd95cPost:59c57d01-94a3-4590-b970-37eaf4853fa8">Re: April Fools</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want to get FI with something, but I'm still trying to think of a good one.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Got any pregnant friends? You could leave a positive pregnancy test in the bathroom and wait for his panic-stricken phone call. That could just be mean though...

Tell him your e-ring went down the drain...

Tell him your wedding venue called to cancel your date because they double-booked...
  • Options
    The pregnancy test idea is genius.  I wonder if I know anyone...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_april-fools?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8b06a2b3-4f37-4180-961f-65c96c0bd95cPost:beb8382d-247d-4d1c-be00-f4f31d2c9ab3">Re: April Fools</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: April Fools : That's mean and hilarious at the same time.
    Posted by polo1425[/QUOTE]

yeah...I don't know that i'd <em>actually </em>go through with that one. When I lived with a roommate (1st year BF and I were together), she had left a bag of groceries on the counter. BF noticed a test she had purchased and thought it was mine. All night I couldn't figure out why he was acting so strangely. I was literally rolling on the floor when I finally put 2 and 2 together!

So...that's what inspired that bright idea...
  • Options
    The pregnancy test one is funny, but mean.  I couldn't do it though.

Anniversary

• Options
    LOL my boss' daughter works here and she claims she is going to come in and prank me, I bet she doesn't remember but guess who will be here Sun morning? Me. Last year I wrapped her desk and chair in this aweful wrapping paper I had that was difficult to wrap gifts with. I still have a roll. Plus confetti, streamers, and I might velcro her phone to the base so when she tries to use it its stuck but itll come off.

• Options
    Im going to get brochures for a local dental assistant school and tell H I've decided not to do hair, and doing teeth is really what I want to do. I'm a month away from graduation. Haha. I'm going to keep it going unless he gets too mad. His mom is a great prankster, so I may get her in on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I'm so happy I work from home. I have an irrational fear of April Fool's Day, lol. I feel like some people have a very different sense of humor than I do, so I always worry to what level they'll take things, lol.

ETA: I also fear retaliation, lol. I'm a chicken.

Allusive: FI and his college buddies wrapped his roommate's room completely in newspaper one year. Every single pen, every book, everything that they could wrap, they did. Then they put it all over the walls, the ceiling, the fan, and the floor. Even his bed. He has pictures. It was ridiculous, lol.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    My birthday is April 2nd, and every year - to this day - my grandfather likes to tell me that I was really born on April Fools Day, but they told everyone I was born on April 2nd so that no one would make fun of me. :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I think the meanest AFD prank was a fake lotto ticket for like 100,000$. My mom gave it to my cousin. She was so excited and so heartbroken when she found out it wasn't real, lol. I think I'd have to murder anyone who did that to me, lol. Especially having 2 babies at 20 years old (twins) and limited income.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I love the velcro phone idea!
  • Options
    I love the newspaper-wrapping idea too! I'm saving some of these for the future!!
  • Options
    Awww I miss April Fool's pranks! I haven't done any in years. In college one year, we had a key to my best guy friends' room and we all went in while they were gone to flip everything upside down. Their beds, desks, chairs, everything. It was pretty priceless. I think I have a picture somewhere....
  • Options
    My freshman year of college I called my parents sobbing & told them I got kicked out of school because I got caught smoking weed in the dorms.  I seriously thought my mother was going to drive to NYC & murder me, that's how furious she was on the phone bahahahahha

• Options
    In Response to Re:April Fools:[QUOTE]You can get false positive tests online. Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

That's slightly terrifying.

I'm always tempted to do the "I'm pregnant" thing to BF on April Fools day, but I don't think I could keep a straight face.
  • Options

haha these are great!  I don't take things very far but I do like to do things verbally.  When I was little my dad would tell me that that night he had heard a horse whinnying out side because it was lonely.  I only believed him for one year.   He also told me the cougars attacked my toy horses, I was mad at him, they had no business attacking them without my consent.  So not part of my story line.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards