Not Engaged Yet
Options

NWR: Shopping!

My school bag is currently falling apart :( It's well loved.

So I'm not looking for a new one, but I can't find one I like. I want a leather backpack (I know that sounds weird, but I have a small one and I love it).

I'm not picky about too much of anything else, does anyone know where I can find one? Remember though, I live in Canada so the store either needs to be in Canada or at least ship here!

Price isn't really an issue yet, because I haven't found one I like. I'm not entirely sure what I want besides backpack + leather.

Anyways, for a fun question: What's on your current shopping must-have list?

Mine involves a backpack right now, clearly. I also want a legit raincoat and snow boots! I get cold and wet easily in the winter :/

Re: NWR: Shopping!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you want one with buckles or with a zipper?  I just googled leather backpacks and a ton came up but most have straps and buckles.
  • Options
    breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Canadian winters... how I hate you...

My must have list right now also includes a new coat. I saw a gorgeous North Face coat the other day but it was $300... and I already own like 15 winter jackets, I just want a new one so this may be a little much. But I can't stop thinking about it.

Oh, and I want a pony but I just keep telling myself that I need to be patient because someday Matt will realize I am the only girl for him and will finally propose with the most absolutely perfect pony.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not picky about buckles or zippers.

I was hoping Anthropologie would have some cute ones but no backpacks :/

Oh wait, it  needs to be big enough to fit my laptop. That's the other requirement.

So far I kinda like these:

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Eddie Bauer?  I've always loved their return policy - basically, lifetime guarantee on everything!

My shopping list is more of a personal list - I need an eyebrow wax, haircut, and hair color.  Blah... no money and no time for that.

Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_nwr-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:97bcbaaa-ee2f-4b63-9723-bb955bc0c142Post:7716a109-0a5a-41ba-ba4b-0f932a9c51da">Re: NWR: Shopping!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Canadian winters... how I hate you... My must have list right now also includes a new coat. I saw a gorgeous North Face coat the other day but it was $300... and I already own like 15 winter jackets, I just want a new one so this may be a little much. But I can't stop thinking about it. Oh, and I want a pony but I just keep telling myself that I need to be patient because <strong>someday Matt will realize I am the only girl for him and will finally propose with the most absolutely perfect pony.
    </strong>Posted by breezerb[/QUOTE]

I'd LOVE a new, warm winter coat but I'm in the same boat as you: I already have some nice ones and I got a really nice, expensive fall coat last year. I can't justify a new winter coat this year :/

And the bolded line is obvious TRUTH.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_nwr-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:97bcbaaa-ee2f-4b63-9723-bb955bc0c142Post:f74b3386-b207-4d36-b97b-e85a30af7e0f">Re: NWR: Shopping!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about <strong>Eddie Bauer</strong>?  I've always loved their return policy - basically, lifetime guarantee on everything! My shopping list is more of a personal list - I need an eyebrow wax, haircut, and hair color.  Blah... no money and no time for that.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Brilliant! There's a store just down the road from school, so that is actually super easy for me to go look!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about L.L. Bean?

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=816&catalogId=1&storeId=1&langId=-1&nav=gnro

Their backpacks have held up for me for a decade (the nylon ones), so they're the only backpacks I'll buy.

Not sure if they ship to Canadia though...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LL Bean is what I was going to suggest as well.

As for my shopping list, I haven't been looking too hard yet, but I need to find white flats for my wedding...I don't want a bow on the top (like a lot of ballet flats have) and I don't like the way my feet look in sandals...and I have "big" feet, so it makes it difficult...I wear a 9 1/2 wide...so basically in most stores I have my choice of like 3 pairs of shoes...one reason I'm really not a shoe kind of girl (ok, I'm really not a girly girl at all)
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LL Bean would be my suggestion too.

my list is getting pretty long.

i need a new purse. i've pretty much destroyed my current one.  i also need some new boots.  a winter coat is probably also on my list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards