Not Engaged Yet

Time for a happy post

Tell me something that happened this weekend, or that you're looking forward to...or just something that makes you happy:)

I'm happy that my friend came to visit from Newfoundland.
I'm happy that no one was seriously injured in our car crash.
I'm happy that I have pasta waiting in my fridge. (NOM NOM NOM)
I'm happy that I'm going on vacation on Friday.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
Murried Bio

Re: Time for a happy post

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy that this is my last week of work!

I'm happy that I was able to get together with all my friends this weekend and that we were able to just get together and have fun. The best times in life are stargazing in the middle of the street with amazing people.

I'm happy that getting blood work is now done.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My invites are going into the mail today! I guess there really is no turning back at this point.

RSVP date-- Sept 20th. Oh man, that's coming up really soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AH!! That's crazy and exciting, Hetshup.

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy that school is finally starting.
    I'm happy that this is my last (full-time) year of college!
    I'm happy that the Netflix app is finally on my iphone. It is by far the best thing I can think of at the moment.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy we got tickets home for Christmas for $300. Woot WOOT!

I'm happy that my berry and peach breads turned out last night - had to throw Saturday's batches away because they didn't bake through the center (m.f.!).

I'm SUPER happy it's almost fall - I can't wait to bust out some fresh pumpkin recipes. I've been jonesing for a pumpkin frap like nobody's business for about three weeks now.

I'm happy I can finally eat normally again. I cannot tell you what a world of difference it makes to be able to function normally through the day again.

I'm NOT happy that I'll be missing both the OSU and Cleveland Browns opening games while I'm in the Rockies this weekend. There's sports bars in Colorado Springs, right?!?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Paige, I love you.

I'm happy that...
    I am finally moving on Wednesday! GAH!!!
    I get to do a ton of shopping this week to prepare for said move.
    Jane Lynch won the Emmy last night.
    I am only 173 days away from St. Lucia!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you're okay Paige!  And that's awesome Hetshup!

I'm happy that I successfully baked cupcakes.   And they turned out so cute too!

I'm also SUPER happy that it's almost fall.  September first means I can have pumpkin and gingerbread lattes and light fall scented candles at home.

I'm ridiculously happy that a new Michael's store opened up about two minutes from my house!  YAY!

I'm happy that we finished our wedding site, mailed our save the date cards, and people started getting them already.
    edited December 2011
    Jane Lynch = <3

Anyone else love her as Dr. Spencer Reid's mother on Criminal Minds, as well? I think she's fantastic!!

Murried Bio
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am happy that I finally have a dress for the upcoming wedding that is suitable for me, the bride and the groom's family.
    I am happy that I shouldn't have to worry about said wedding while in Spain.
    I am happy that I don't have to go anywhere for the long weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    Oceana-My facebook friend named Starbucks posted about how you can order pumpkin spiced latté right now even though they're not on the menu yet. I'd assume the same goes for frappachinos.
    imageimageimageimage
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_time-happy-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:99a581de-674e-4a5f-9f14-3be1570b99cbPost:59ea97c0-1d6d-464c-aecf-39f10a4c02f9">Re: Time for a happy post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oceana-<strong>My facebook friend named Starbucks</strong> posted about how you can order pumpkin spiced latté right now even though they're not on the menu yet. I'd assume the same goes for frappachinos.
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

<div>I read this twice before I got it.  Then I giggled so hard I snorted.  Thanks.</div>

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_time-happy-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:99a581de-674e-4a5f-9f14-3be1570b99cbPost:59ea97c0-1d6d-464c-aecf-39f10a4c02f9">Re: Time for a happy post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oceana-My facebook friend named Starbucks posted about how you can order pumpkin spiced latté right now even though they're not on the menu yet. I'd assume the same goes for frappachinos.
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]

Hoooooooooooomg, you're my new BFF. ::bearhugs::

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_time-happy-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:99a581de-674e-4a5f-9f14-3be1570b99cbPost:79822cfe-77ee-4c85-a892-18da1a11fb29">Re: Time for a happy post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jane Lynch = <3 Anyone else love her as Dr. Spencer Reid's mother on Criminal Minds, as well? I think she's fantastic!!
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

She's fantastic on <em>Criminal Minds.

</em>Not going to lie though...I have a teeny tiny bit of a nerdcrush on Spencer Reed. :)

• HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a great post! Drama-free...*huge sigh of relief*

I'm happy that my sister made the play she auditioned for.
    I'm happy that school has started.
    I'm happy that I am blessed with a fantastic job.
    I'm happy that I'm going to see my BF on Wednesday.

I could go on forever, but this list will suffice.
    "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?" ~~~Scarlett O'Hara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wonderful post again, Paige. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt in your crash, too!

I'm happy that we are doing our engagement pictures tomorrow.
    I'm happy that it seems like FI and I both being laid off has seemed to turn itself around.
    I'm happy that bridesmaid dresses were picked yesterday and they're purple!
    I'm happy that Grad School starts next week (at least for now:)
    I'm happy Fall is on the way, as well. It's too hot in this damn state.
    I'm happy that the baby I nanny is sleeping peacefully giving me time to Knot.

Happy Monday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Paige, you got in a car accident?!  Did I miss this somewhere?  Glad to hear you're all okay, I hope your car isn't too bad!

I'm happy that my friend came to visit from DC.  I'm really glad she was easy-going about plans and didn't freak when it rained on 'beach day'.

I'm happy that my boyfriend has been a total sweetheart recently, being extra thoughtful and affectionate.  My house and desk are both overflowing with flowers!  

I'm happy that we have a long weekend next weekend - super excited for our 'stay-cation'!  We're driving down to the Keys and going on a snorkeling/sunset cruise on a catamaran.  Wooo hooo!

I'm happy that my grandparents and BF's dad have booked their tickets to come visit for Thanksgiving.
  • edited December 2011
    Awww Cate I am happy that you're so happy. For some reason your post just made me get little happy hearts dancing above my head.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy that we went and survived camping (no stings, burns, or poison oak--though there was plenty around). Two nights of campfire cooking, and we went kayaking on the lake yesterday to this partially submerged point. It was our own tiny island for the afternoon.

I'm also happy that we're going to Disneyland in 2.5 weeks.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_time-happy-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:99a581de-674e-4a5f-9f14-3be1570b99cbPost:79822cfe-77ee-4c85-a892-18da1a11fb29">Re: Time for a happy post</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jane Lynch = <3 Anyone else love her as Dr. Spencer Reid's mother on Criminal Minds, as well? I think she's fantastic!!
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

I only just got into "Criminal Minds", but I'm glad I did cus maybe I'll see her in some reruns! For me, though, Jane Lynch will forever be the militant Christy Cummings in the fabulous Christopher Guest mockumentary <em>Best In Show</em>. I love her!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm Happy that I got to surf on Saturday and Sunday.
    I'm happy I got to celebrate my bestfriend's birthday with her.
    I'm happy that my BF and I found a ring we both like, I began to tear up and had to walk away to get myself under control.  
    I'm happy that everyone else had a good weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy that...

we went to Columbus for FI's niece's 1st birthday party Sat. and all went well.  FI worked all day and all night the night before and then we took a nearly 2 hr drive with a 3 yr old who is in the "why mommy?, but why? are we there yet?" stage so I was nervous.  All went extremely well though... B was great and we got loads of compliments on how polite and "advanced" he is for his age (fyi, that compliment means more to me than anything someone could say about me).

we heard back from insurance and will be getting a check this week for all the damages and should be able to get everything back to normal plus be able to get new carpet in the living room and halllway (that were damaged) as well as the family room!  Woot! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah... and I'm SUPER HAPPY that we are finally going to meet with the priest again tomorrow and will be able to set a date finally!

Also, Paige... accident?  Yikes, I had no idea but I'm very happy to hear that no one was injured!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm happy we had a fun productive weekend.
    I'm happy DH and I quit smoking (again) yesterday.  Wish me luck! 24 hours and counting.  I know as soon as I get to the 5th day it will be a lot easier.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_time-happy-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:99a581de-674e-4a5f-9f14-3be1570b99cbPost:52f95264-2eb8-4dc1-925d-1c81041ce3ad">Re: Time for a happy post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm happy we had a fun productive weekend.<strong> I'm happy DH and I quit smoking (again) yesterday.  Wish me luck! 24 hours and counting.  I know as soon as I get to the 5th day it will be a lot easier.
    </strong>Posted by notquiteblushing[/QUOTE]

Good luck NQB! BF just started trying to quit again this weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_time-happy-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:99a581de-674e-4a5f-9f14-3be1570b99cbPost:df9e0346-4787-464a-b08a-0d00fb5ec8d7">Re: Time for a happy post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for a happy post : Good luck NQB! BF just started trying to quit again this weekend.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Thanks and good luck to him too!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_time-happy-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:99a581de-674e-4a5f-9f14-3be1570b99cbPost:fcfa4420-a538-4577-add9-1f30cec4c47b">Re: Time for a happy post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for a happy post : She's fantastic on Criminal Minds. Not going to lie though...I have a <strong>teeny tiny bit of a nerdcrush</strong> on Spencer Reed. :)
    Posted by oceana919[/QUOTE]

I have HUGE nerdcrush.  *Drooool*

Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I live for the seasonal Starbucks drinks (pumpkin spiced latte and the peppermint mocha in December). Those red holiday cups make my life.
  • edited December 2011
    Grande Iced Nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte. Oh, how I missed you my friend.

::dissolves into puddle of unadulterated bliss::

• edited December 2011
    Anyone drink Spiced Pumpkin coffee from Green Mountain? That is my favorite fall drink!

I am happy the bf and I went away this weekend for a romantic get away, we went canoing which resulted in a heart to heart talk. That's what happens i guess when you share a bottle of wine and a 6 pack of beer and are confined to a small space for a few hours.

I'm happy to have a really good job and that my bf has a job too. He starts school full time this week and goes back to school for nursing, so I'm excited and happy for him.

I'm happy to be living with my bf.

And I'm happy and grateful for all the wonderful friends I have in my life.
  • edited December 2011

I get the peppermint mocha year round (well, through April) then I'll switch over to an iced caramel macchiatto for the warmer months. I can't handle iced coffee in the winter and hot coffee in the summer.

imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards