Not Engaged Yet
Options

Who's Around?

Anyone here? Whatcha up to? How was your weekend? Fun plans for this week?

I may be popping in and out today. I worked Saturday as usual, and had a glorious Sunday at home, alternately watching Downton Abbey with my feet up and napping. Today is errand and cleaning day. No plans for the week so far -- I feel like everything is kind of wait and see right now, since The Passenger could theoretically decide he wants to come out at any moment...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who's Around?

• Options
    Bueller?

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Hi Desert!  How are you feeling?  I can't believe how close you are to meeting the Passenger! I hope you're feeling well enough to come visit at the EG2G.

My weekend was good, I was lazy on Friday.  Saturday I went dress shopping.  Yesterday FI & I went to see Avengers (I loved it!) and then we went to the Devils/Flyers game last night (Devils won!!).  Overall, a really nice weekend! 

I'm thinking of going for a massage tonight after the gym if they have an available appointment.  My neck's been giving me issues & I really just need to spend an hour relaxing.  I have a Devils game tomorrow night, if we win we knock the Flyers out of the playoffs which is a dream come true haha

• Options
    I'm here and back.

BF's boss just got some really bad news about the biopsies they did on the lumps in her breasts last week, so it's not off to a great start with the Monday.  Plus it's gross outside.  Maybe if it were sunny it'd be better, but the rain just makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry right now.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm here too for a little while.  I'll be heading to a seminar on learning disabilities in a little while.  This week is Research Week at the hospital so no regular work will get done...lots of meetings and seminars!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I'm feeling pretty good so far this morning! My feet are not at all swollen thanks to staying off them all day yesterday, and I LOVE it. I was getting so tired of having sore feet all the time. Made the waddling even worse. ;)

My appearance at the ENEYG2G depends entirely on how I'm feeling. I WANT badly to go and will be there for Saturday evening if possible. But again, it's just wait and see how I'm feeling. 

Everyone keeps telling me they think this baby is coming early, which makes me want to smack them, b/c I know they are judging based just on my size. They have no idea what is going on with my insides. 

• Options

Hi Desert, glad to hear you are doing well.  I'm around sort of.  Work hsa been busy this morning.  You must be so excited that the Passenger will be here soon.

My weekend was great, we were sold out for all 3 performances of my show this weekend.  When I wasn't at the theater BF & I were hanging out.  This week begins car shopping for me and a visit to my grandma.  She is in a home and has alzheimer's, so even though she doesn't remember me I still try to visit, and it's been way too long since my last visit.

I am in awful pain this morning since it's my TOM. I just want to crawl into bed with a heat pad. 

Anniversary

• Options
    Happy Monday! I haven't been around here for a while now, I went out of town and I've been working since I got home, the mobile site just isn't the same and I haven't taken the time to learn how to post on there.

I just slept in 3 hours longer than most days, it was amazing! I worked the last 4 days so now I am off until Friday (unless I get a call in, which I am hoping for). Today I plan on doing next to nothing, just hanging out with the dogs and maybe to the gym if I feel up to it. It's rainy and miserable here, so I'm considering having one of my girlfriends over and getting afternoon drunk :)
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Desert- Do you feel like you need to "nest" yet?

Peek- I'm so sorry to hear about Mike's boss. :( The weather is lousy here too. It was gorgeous all weekend and now it's cold and rainy.

rdr- Did I miss dress pics? And is Avenger's worth seeing in 3D?

Lauren- How interesting that you have a research week. That's awesome! My calendar also says it's National Children's Mental Health Awareness Week. And I guess this is Mental Health Awareness Month?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    This weekend was amaaaazing. We had birthday lunch with my parents, a great Derby/Cinco de Mayo party with my favorite coworker, viewing of Captain America and Thor, visiting of the Lego Store in Opry Mills, viewing of RDJ's beautiful visage in The Avengers (which was awesome btw), sushi and finally buying groceries for the first time in over a month.

I also had the tastiest breakfast in forever thanks to buying groceries: egg, kale, cashews, ras el hanout chicken, nutritional yeast, white American cheese and pesto on a brown rice tortilla. Finally I'm actually full instead of hungry a few hours later because of trying to subsist on cereal.

I also made my own granola this weekend because store-bought gluten-free granola is like $6-7 for a container that has maybe four servings. I made it with oats, coconut, dates, raisins, craisins, flaxseed meal and almonds. For the liquid part and for spices, I used maple syrup, honey, butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and ginger. Sofa king good D:!!

• Options
    Polo- I adore you. That's all.

Danser- What do you talk about with your grandmother? Does she talk anymore? My grandmother has alzheimer's- but she no longer speaks.

Quilting- Where do you live again?

I guess I forgot to say anything about me. I did quite a bit of gardening this weekend. Planted tomatoes, herbs, eggplant, peppers, and begonias.

Had a really neat visitor: 

And Andrew finally thought my pallete was refined enough to have one of his super fancy Burgandys that he got when he was in France in 2006.
  • Options
    Polo - absolutely.  You can never have enough cupcake.  Also, I work exactly 0.7 miles from the store.  It's dangerous.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:fdb4d4b3-8b6c-49e7-99f1-50d741f2ab03">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Polo- I adore you. That's all. Danser- What do you talk about with your grandmother? Does she talk anymore? My grandmother has alzheimer's- but she no longer speaks. Quilting- Where do you live again? I guess I forgot to say anything about me. I did quite a bit of gardening this weekend. Planted tomatoes, herbs, eggplant, peppers, and begonias. Had a really neat visitor:  And Andrew finally thought my pallete was refined enough to have one of his super fancy Burgandys that he got when he was in France in 2006.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]
    She does speak a little bit but you can not have a conversation with her.  iVisits are really hard now, we try to talk to her but she doesn't understand much. She likes to watch TV so we sit there and watch TV with her, and then usually falls asleep.

Anniversary

• Options
    Didn't we have a thread at one point with everyone's pinterest link? I can't find it.
  • Options
    I'm kind of around. I worked all weekend, but I have today off. I'm stressing a little because out cat has been not eating as much, having some stomach problems, and acting lethargic. So I finally ponied up and made a vet appointment for tomorrow. I was hoping it would pass, but FI started to get worried, and that's never good because he is not a worrier. I've also been feeling weird. I have been sleeping A LOT. As in like 14 hours a night, and I would be able to stay in bed even longer if I didn't have to get up and do things. Other than that, I've been good. I've been trying to relax as much as possible this summer before grad school starts in the fall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    stillwell- Mmm I've always wanted to make homemade granola. Did you use a recipe or just kinda throw stuff together?

I'm glad you ladies had great weekends because mine was pretty sh!tty. I found out one of my best friends (who's in the wedding party) might not be able to make it to our wedding. Totally put me in a funk. Also, I had food poisoning. So yeah, super weekend.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:38b6ca38-56bb-497b-94c7-14d4685da803">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]stillwell- Mmm I've always wanted to make homemade granola. Did you use a recipe or just kinda throw stuff together?
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

I kinda combined two recipes I found and added some of my own stuff as well. One I found on the Bob's Red Mill website and the other was on a blog about 100 days of clean living. But basically I threw everything but the raisins and craisins into a bowl, poured the maple/butter/coconut oil/vanilla mix on top, mixed it, spread it on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, put it in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, turned off the oven and let it sit in there overnight to dry out. So gooooood.

But I have it sitting uneaten in my lunchbox because my breakfast is sticking with me so well :X.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:07d15a98-ae75-4be0-9686-6caf47b009a0">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Around? : I kinda combined two recipes I found and added some of my own stuff as well. One I found on the Bob's Red Mill website and the other was on a blog about 100 days of clean living. But basically I threw everything but the raisins and craisins into a bowl, poured the maple/butter/coconut oil/vanilla mix on top, mixed it, spread it on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, put it in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, turned off the oven and let it sit in there overnight to dry out. So gooooood. But I have it sitting uneaten in my lunchbox because my breakfast is sticking with me so well :X.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]
    Yummmm...definitely gonna have to give this a try!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:8fc1cec5-cd19-4ac0-a053-8f988791b12e">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mookow - why can't your friend make it?  What's going on?
    Posted by polo1425[/QUOTE]
    He's a musician and he has an audition with an orchestra. I totally and completely understand that he really needs to do the audition, and I'm happy for him, but it still sucks.

• Options
    Sorry you got food poisioning.  It really sucks your friend may not be able to make it to your wedding.  Did she say why?  I'd be pretty bummed too.

Anniversary

• Options
    It depends how far he advances...which is also the really crappy thing. Because I want him to do well, but the better he does, the less likely he will be able to make it to either ceremony or reception. If he doesn't keep getting called back he might be able to make it to the reception.

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:3815ad86-a9fd-40fd-ae0a-7fca87ea3424">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Desert- Do you feel like you need to "nest" yet? Peek- I'm so sorry to hear about Mike's boss. :( The weather is lousy here too. It was gorgeous all weekend and now it's cold and rainy.<strong> rdr- Did I miss dress pics? And is Avenger's worth seeing in 3D? </strong>Lauren- How interesting that you have a research week. That's awesome! My calendar also says it's National Children's Mental Health Awareness Week. And I guess this is Mental Health Awareness Month?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't post pics on TK. I guess I can start a thread and be an AW again though :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I didn't see Avenger's in 3D, FI isn't a fan of 3D & it's hit or miss with me, sometimes it kills my head. </div>

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:230e5835-78cf-4e72-a482-f9e5693e97be">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, happy Monday! Desert - I'm glad your feet feel better today.  It feels (at least to this NEY-er) that your pregnancy has gone by so quickly.  But as the person actually experiencing it, how does it feel to you? <strong>RDR - I thought you looked soooo pretty in the dress you posted from Saturday.</strong> And Peek - I saw that you were at Georgetown Cupcake.  When I move to DC, can you take me on a cupcake tour?!

<div>Aw thanks! I'm still in love with it. I want to go this weekend and try it just one more time & see about clipping it to make it more sweetheart. </div>

• Options
    Desert, I loved that the FB pic you posted had Downton Abbey on the screen. (Basically, I had the same thought as Lyn, but she beat me to it!)

My weekend was pretty laid back. It was warm but windy here. I sat out by the pool on Saturday and we went for a bike ride with H yesterday. I decided that my cruiser, while awesome on flat surfaces, can't keep up with H on his mountain bike. So now I'm obsessed with finding a decent women's mountain bike. It's a lot harder than I thought. There aren't many women's models to begin with and very few to be found in stores.
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Hi ladies!

Pretty relaxed weekend for me. I flew in from Phoenix at like 1am on Saturday, so after sleeping until 10, my day consisted of errands for DD's pre-k application, lunch and then sitting poolside for the afternoon. My mom had a Cinco de Mayo party Saturday night, which was pretty fun. I had two lime-a-ritas and that was it for me. We bought the fight and watched that.

Sunday we just relaxed, went to breakfast, then shopping and finally went to see 21 Jump Street since the Avengers were sold out at the Fork and Screen. So all in all, pretty uneventful!

I am actually working from home all week, playing it by ear because they're doing construction in our offices, and my new office isn't ready, and while I was in AZ last week they decided to demo my temporary office, so my office looks a lot like this right now:

This is my stuff packed up in the corner of my boss' office...

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Aloha!  I'm popped in to check things out but with my boss out of the office today I'm taking over his desk so I won't be around much.  Hope your day goes well!  I had an awesome weekend and now I'm looking forward to the next two.  Coming up my bachelorette weekend and after that Epic NEY G2G!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:310bec79-43d0-4d89-9153-ab3458787f7a">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Peek - Who makes the best cupcakes in DC?  What's your favorite flavor?

I do!

Just Kidding.  Maybe.

Georgetown Cupcake is probably the best place that does them.  And I only eat their GF Chocolate lava fudge.  Holy hell, the cream cheese frosting on those babies is to die for.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Desert! I'm so excited to see pictures of Passenger!! :) I'm glad you were able to have a semi-quiet weekend.

I didn't do a whole hell of a lot - lounged Saturday- Cleaned and did laundry sunday. That's about the extent of my excitement.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:230e5835-78cf-4e72-a482-f9e5693e97be">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, happy Monday! Desert - I'm glad your feet feel better today.  <strong>It feels (at least to this NEY-er) that your pregnancy has gone by so quickly.  But as the person actually experiencing it, how does it feel to you?</strong> RDR - I thought you looked soooo pretty in the dress you posted from Saturday. And Peek - I saw that you were at Georgetown Cupcake.  When I move to DC, can you take me on a cupcake tour?!

<div>Jessica Simpson and I had due dates about a month apart, and started showing at about the same point in our pregnancies. So I feel like if you'd seen pictures of me all the time, you would think my pregnancy had lasted 2 years. :P</div><div>
    </div><div>But it feels to me like it's gone by really fast!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:3815ad86-a9fd-40fd-ae0a-7fca87ea3424">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Desert- Do you feel like you need to "nest" yet? </strong>Peek- I'm so sorry to hear about Mike's boss. :( The weather is lousy here too. It was gorgeous all weekend and now it's cold and rainy. rdr- Did I miss dress pics? And is Avenger's worth seeing in 3D? Lauren- How interesting that you have a research week. That's awesome! My calendar also says it's National Children's Mental Health Awareness Week. And I guess this is Mental Health Awareness Month?
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE] </div><div>
    </div><div>I have been feeling the "nesting" urge on and off. Primarily, it's been me cleaning around the house and getting really anxious about all the stuff I needed my H's help with. He got the nesting urge last week and has gotten an amazing amount accomplished, for which I am really, really thankful! He's the best. <3</div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-around-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a246d4aa-dc5e-4929-b346-66f92913914cPost:cf67b466-2992-46b3-a33b-18a5db870ba8">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heeeeey pretty lady. Have you thought of any names for the Passenger yet?  Have you been stocking up on stuff on pinterest?
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE] </div><div>
    </div><div>We have a list of names, but will not be deciding until after we see his face.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't really do pinterest.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm pretty much the laziest first time mom ever. I haven't really bought anything for the baby myself yet. But this coming weekend, I will probably head to Target and Babies R Us with my mom and MIL to buy up what we still need. We got mostly clothes at our showers, so there are still quite a few things it would be nice to have -- stroller, diaper pail, monitor, etc. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards