Not Engaged Yet
Options

Open Letter Wednesday

We haven't done this for a while - let's give it a go. 

Dear Universe, 
 I'm stressed and sleep deprived enough as it is. I really don't need to be woken up at 2AM for a panic attack, and even less did I need to trip and fall in the middle of the crosswalk this morning with my coffee.  It's a miracle I wasn't bawling as soon as it happened.  Can we ease up this week so I can maybe accomplish something?

Thanks,
Please Just Get Me to Tuesday

--
Dear Boss,
Yes, our event starts in TWO days.  That means my to-do list is a mile long, and I need you to let me do things.  Which means you need to suck it up and do things yourself.  I don't have 8 hands.

Kthx.

--
Dear BF,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being amazing.  I realize that it looks like I've completely lost my mind, and that these past few months haven't been easy, and you're ready to kill my boss, but I promise it's going to get better.  We'll manage to go out to dinner this weekend, you'll stay with me Saturday night, and hopefully this other job will work out so I'm not losing my mind like this constantly.  Everything is going to be perfect.  Eventually.

Love,
Fishy
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Open Letter Wednesday

• Options
    Dear qualifier,
    Please let me pass you next week.  I'd really like to move on with my life.
    Love,
    Exhausted grad student (hopefully soon to be doctoral candidate)

Dear body,
    Just keep pushing through...only 10 more days and THEN you can sleep!
    Love,
    the brain
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dear Dunkin Donuts employee,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for giving me my regular order (2 iced lattes and a boston kreme) even though I left my wallet at home this morning. I'll pay you back tomorrow. You made my day.

Sincerely,

Caffeine-addicted girl (and her BF too)

-----------------------------------------

Dear Cosmopolitan.com,

You are pretty much entirely stupid, but your "Gifts he will LOVE" list actually gave me t.
    he perfect inspiration for an awesome Xmas gift for BF. For than, I am grateful.

Regards,
    Girl who only reads cosmo while she's on line at the grocery store

----------------------------------------

Dear BF,

Yes, I found an awesome gift for you. You are going to love it. No, I won't give you any clues to make shopping for me any easier. I like surprises! (and pretty things).

Love,
    Best present-giver EVAR - muahahahahaaaaaa!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dear FI,

Thank you for being my rock when I needed you the most the other day. Just being able to let it all out was exactly what I needed. Also, the fact that you asked me if my day was better yesterday, it meant a lot.

Love you!

Your FI

You all are amazing. Although I have never met any of you in person (some day I hope!), I feel like I have made some amazing friends.

Thanks girls,

Love, Stina!

Stop being such a B!tch and get your priorities straight. If you cannot pay your bills/atty fees for your child, why would you go out and spend $150 on tablets for your 5 and 2 year old? They are a little young for those. Also, they will not know the difference if you spend a little less on them just so you can pay for the things that really matter.

Sincerely,

You're a dumb@ss.

• Options
    Dear Me,

Dont ever tell your friends you'll do something if they sign up first before making sure they havent already signed up. This is how you get your bluff called and you end up running 1.5 miles in your underwear in February through DC. Atleast its for a good cause.

Thanks,

Yourself
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    dear Coco's stomach,

please stop hurting.  and don't puke at work.  that's embarassing.

no love,
    Coco

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:c9dbb212-057d-414c-a31e-ec16d731e597">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Me, Dont ever tell your friends you'll do something if they sign up first before making sure they havent already signed up. This is how you get your bluff called and you end up running 1.5 miles in your underwear in February through DC. Atleast its for a good cause. Thanks, Yourself
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Oh, the undie run is fun. At least you'll get lots of eye candy. Lol.

Dear Mother Nature,
     Thank you for the 60-70 degree weather lately. It was unexpected, and appreciated. But, please, next time do it over the weekend, not during the days I go to work before the sun comes up, and go home after it's gone down.

Love,
    Missing some Vitamin D.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:3c7a5473-ecca-416e-890a-6621c174c5ca">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]dear Coco's stomach, please stop hurting.  and don't puke at work.  that's embarassing. no love, Coco
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

I hope you feel better soon. Upset bellies are no fun.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Dear FI,

Holy moly, we're under the 5 month mark! Thank you for being on-board when I suggested we change our honeymoon. I love you <3

Dear Body,

I know I haven't put you to work in a while but the pain you're in after 2 days of working out is pitiful. We have 5 months to get in shape and you're making me want to do nothing but rest right now! Get it together!

Dear Christmas Shopping,

Finish yourself. Kthx.

• Options
    Dear self,

Please start eating healthier.  You have started working out regularly, but you can't out run your bad diet.  You know how to lose weight; you've done it before.  Now get to it!

With love,

Tired of gaining and losing the same few pounds all year
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dear Self,

You really need to stop stressing about things you can't do anything about. BF will graduate, get a job, and get into grad school and if any of that doesn't happen for some reason you can figure out what to do then.

Also, the semester is almost over so just hang in there for about one more week.

Sincerely,
    I don't need to be this stressed.

• Options
    Dear Stomach,

Behave yourself, like now.  My running shoes were all ready to go and you decided to not play nice this morning.  Not cool.  You have exactly 7 hours to get your act together before Dave Matthews.  Understood?

Sincerely,

Wishing the girgles away

Dear 5PM,

Get here now.  There is a double date and some DMB that needs to happen tonight.

Signed,

One happy Dancing Nancy
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:3c7a5473-ecca-416e-890a-6621c174c5ca">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]dear Coco's stomach, please stop hurting.  and don't puke at work.  that's embarassing. no love, Coco
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

I think our stomachs must have gotten the same evil message today!  Feel better!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    Dear BF,
    Thank you for being amazing and supportive, over these past few days.  I love you so much!

Me

Dear God,

Please let me get through today and just get out of this funk.  I need to return to normal life again.

Girl Who Misses her grandma

Dear housing gods,

So excited about this home.  I can't wait to do the inspection and hope all goes well.

Girl who loves this home

Anniversary

• Options
    Dear tummy,
    I made you an amazing home cooked meal last night and now your mad at me? Really?! I don't want to puke so be nice and accept coffee because my brain needs it. Your not the only thing inside me ya know.

Sincerely,
    Be quiet Now.
    ----
    Dear school,
    Hurry up and get over with. I need sleep. Plus after your done, I've got a plane to catch. ;)
    Love,
    Going to see the Bros

----

Dear New Manager,

I won't lie, I'm very surprised that we get along like friends. Good surprised, but still very surprised. Thank you for being one of the sane non-backstabbing people in the bakery. And thank you for giving me the time off request and for changing my work sched around my exam!!

Sincerely,
    Looking forward to working with you

----

Dear Sister,
    Hold out on having little baby Raven till I get there!!! Please??

Love,
    Soon to be Aunty
    -----
    Dear Bf,

Your doing an amazing job at finishing these projects and finals! Only one more semester till you graduate!!

All my love,
    Lilly
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:5a8c205d-6d2c-47c7-bcd6-0243b490f3de">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday : I think our stomachs must have gotten the same evil message today!  Feel better!
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

I think all three of our stomachs got that message. :(
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Dear Secret Santa Recipient,

You're going to recieve a poorly-wrapped but pretty awesome gift in the mail in a few days.  Hope you like it!

Love,
    Your Secret Santa

Dear Drew,

I promise to send you these finished files in just a couple minutes!  Thanks for being patient with me.

Hugs and Kisses,
    Your BFF

Dear Little Bro,

SQUEEEEEEE!   That is all.

Signed,
    Sis
  • Options
    Dear Santa,

Please bring me and H new jobs.

Love,

I've been nice...ish.

Dear H,

I know we're going through a lot right now.  I love you.  I'm glad we have each other.  We'll get through this.

Love,

Your Wife

Dear Anonymous Friend,

Get better.  Be safe.

We love you.

__________________________________________________________-

Dear SS Recipient,

I can't wait until you receive your gift!  FedEx tracking says tomorrow!

Love,

SS
  • Options
    Dear Boss

Thank you for the surprise Christmas bonus this morning!! I know business has been slow and it ws completely unexpected! Life is good and you are awesome!

Signed
    One more appreciative employee

Dear 4:30

Please hurry up and show up. I really want to get my 4 day weekend started already and I'm having difficulty concentrating

Signed
    So PSYCHED to be going on vacay!!

Dear SO

Please understand that I am seriously having a good day, so dont F*CK this up mmmkay....

Signed
    GF that is tired of fighting....
  • Options
    Dear TA who sucks at the job I'd love to have:

I'm so glad I got up at 7 and came into work 3 hours early to help you out and you didn't even bother to show up! I have no idea how you still have your job considering all the crap you've pulled this semester but I'm hoping this is the final straw that gets you fired so I can have your job.

Screw you,

A Really Pissed Off and Tired RA.

• Options
    Dear World,

Two finals are over.  I feel like I have time to breathe again!

Love,
    T-bird
  • Options
    Dear New BossMan,
    I understand that it's hard to make a schedule and you're new at all this.  But one shift a week is not going to cut it for me. 
    Get it together.
    Love,
    Working girl

-----------------

Dear Peter Jackson,
    I AM SO READY TO SEE THE HOBBIT.  What isn't it the 14th already?
    Love,
    Rabid fangirl

• Options
    Dear H,

Thank you for supporting me  and being there for me this week.  It also means a lot to me that you said you couldn't make it through school without me to support you.  You are adorable and I love you.

Love,

Your wife

Dear COM teacher,

I swear I will never take a class with you again.

No love,
    Your student

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:4b6f17d0-3fb8-44f9-b70b-2281ccbf38c3">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear H, Thank you for supporting me  and being there for me this week.  It also means a lot to me that you said you couldn't make it through school without me to support you.  You are adorable and I love you. Love, Your wife Dear<strong> COM </strong>teacher, I swear I will never take a class with you again. No love, Your student
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

What does COM stand for?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:6bfa6a88-f56a-411e-85eb-49d25752dfd1">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday : What does COM stand for?
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]
    Comparative lit!  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:6bfa6a88-f56a-411e-85eb-49d25752dfd1">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday : What does COM stand for?
    Probably Communications.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:33eea6f6-698d-4297-a812-5eb76ca32cb1">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday : Probably Communications.
    Posted by birddeisgner[/QUOTE]

That was my fear. Because communication classes should be fun for everyone! Unless it's a communication class I wouldn't like then whatever lol.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_open-letter-wednesday-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a25a1c13-8934-4b57-a30b-c795190abf56Post:7e92f60b-9e4f-4b89-b99d-88290217ae48">Re: Open Letter Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Open Letter Wednesday : That was my fear. Because communication classes should be fun for everyone! Unless it's a communication class I wouldn't like then whatever lol.
    Haha I actaully love what the class covers I just hate what the teacher is doing to us (2 papers durning finals weeks and the final today)  

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Comparative Lit does sound fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards