Not Engaged Yet

AW: STD are done! Oh and my emergency bag

OK, I finally finished the STD. Well, by me, I mean the other people I assigned to do all my DIY. I'm not crafty, and they know it. 

STD:

Oh, and since I'm being a hoar, here's my emergency bag

It has: Tampons, pantyliners, pads, Aleve, q-tips, clear nail polish, wee lint roller, bendy straws, lotion, hair elastics, bobby pins, band aids, dryer sheets (for static cling),listerine pocket packs, tiny tooth brush things, wet naps, razor, shoe padding, shout pen and hairspray. 

I still need: tums, body glide (runners will understand) immodium, contact stuff and a sewing kit.  Yay, fun!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW: STD are done! Oh and my emergency bag

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Love your STDs!!!

Also, I saw a cute idea where everyone threw mini paper airplans at the bride and groom instead of throwing petals, and since your FI is a pilot.... you should think about it!!!!!

see here: http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/blogs/wedding_style_file/archive/2009/08/27/the-new-wedding-exit-confetti-paper-airplanes.aspx
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-std-done-oh-emergency-bag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a3209b8e-695d-4d4f-9b2f-8d3473ad04c6Post:f3ebc3b8-4a32-4e20-bab4-a964bac0fefd">AW: STD are done! Oh and my emergency bag</a>:
    [QUOTE] It has: Tampons, pantyliners, pads, Aleve, q-tips, clear nail polish, wee lint roller, bendy straws, lotion, hair elastics, bobby pins, band aids, dryer sheets (for static cling),listerine pocket packs, tiny tooth brush things, wet naps, razor, shoe padding, shout pen and hairspray.  I still need: tums, body glide (runners will understand) immodium, contact stuff and a sewing kit.  Yay, fun!
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

You are so far ahead of me, it's not even funny. I didn't even form a full, coherent thought about doing this. More of a.... "some kinda kit thing....... cake" thought.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Love the STDs!  And I haven't even thought of an emergency bag either.  I can't think of anything I'd really need except deoderent maybe. And flip flops but we'll have tons of those.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, it's so fun to make the kit. I just wandered up and down the aisles of target and picked up all the little things. I was inspired by the bag, which you can't see, but is all polka dotted. 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Cute STDs. I like your pink bag for your emergency kit :)

What are the bendy straws for?

• riverjibriverjib member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-std-done-oh-emergency-bag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a3209b8e-695d-4d4f-9b2f-8d3473ad04c6Post:f3ebc3b8-4a32-4e20-bab4-a964bac0fefd">AW: STD are done! Oh and my emergency bag</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, I finally finished the STD. Well, by me, I mean the other people I assigned to do all my DIY. I'm not crafty, and they know it.  STD: Oh, and since I'm being a hoar, here's my emergency bag It has: Tampons, pantyliners, pads, Aleve, q-tips, clear nail polish, wee lint roller, bendy straws, lotion, hair elastics, bobby pins, band aids, dryer sheets (for static cling),listerine pocket packs, tiny tooth brush things, wet naps, razor, shoe padding, shout pen and hairspray.  I still need: tums, body glide (runners will understand) immodium, contact stuff and a sewing kit.  Yay, fun!

I think Body Glide is a secret that needs to be shared. I was a runner for more than ten years, and it took the internet and a triathlete bf (now fi) to introduce me to this marvel of nature! I'm well-endowed, and I chafed horribly during long summer workouts (sorry to be so blunt), and the only thing I ever used was diaper-rash ointment! For those not in my predicament, it stains clothes and doesn't work!

Body glide should be in every emergency bag. It doesn't ruin clothing, and it prevents chafing and discomfort. There are tiny samples handed out in triathlon care packages that I'm sure can be procured by some other means...
  • edited December 2011
    Love your STD! Very cute. The emergency bag is great. I'll have to make one at some point. I also love Katanne's idea of throwing paper planes since your FI is a pilot! I love it anyway but especially since he flies planes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm curious about the straws, too! =) The bag and STDs are super cute!  I would add a nail file and clippers.

I like the paper airplane idea, too!
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well bendy straws are better then normal straws, and you use them to drink stuff once your make-up is on. It's better then applying lipstick while in a white dress.

River, have you tried looking online? Normally it comes in a stick that looks like deodorant. We used a lot during open water ocean swims, so we weren't bleeding by the end.

Edit: According to the website, you can get it at sporting goods stores and whole earth provisions.
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering what the bendy straws were for and I figured that was it. LOL. Looks like your all ready to go!
    imageimageimageimage
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg super cute std!! Good work, hetshup!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I loooove your STDs!! 

Oh and as far as bendy straws - I get made fun of ALL the time because I  have straws with me at all times - it's sort of an OCD thing because I can't stand drinking without a straw...
  • riverjibriverjib member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-std-done-oh-emergency-bag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a3209b8e-695d-4d4f-9b2f-8d3473ad04c6Post:364d8ad7-4ddb-4113-8f98-36ea0eca93a2">Re: AW: STD are done! Oh and my emergency bag</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well bendy straws are better then normal straws, and you use them to drink stuff once your make-up is on. It's better then applying lipstick while in a white dress. River, have you tried looking online? Normally it comes in a stick that looks like deodorant. We used a lot during open water ocean swims, so we weren't bleeding by the end. Edit: According to the website, you can get it at sporting goods stores and whole earth provisions.

LOL I have three or four sticks lying around. You can find BodyGlide in pretty much any store that serves triathletes. I'm training for a tri, and I'd be in serious trouble without it! I think I misspoke in my OP...I meant that I'd like to find those tiny tubes for my emergency bag. You know the really cute miniaturized ones they give out at races? I think those are probably manufactured specifically for race-day kits, and not available otherwise. I'll just have to race a few weeks before my wedding...it'll give me another incentive to keep training :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards