Not Engaged Yet

AW: Ho ho ho

I put my office tree up today.

BTW, yes, that is a typewriter behind it.  Yes, my office is stuc kin the 80s.
No, they won't let me chuck it out of my office, "Just in case."

Do you have a favorite Christmas decoration?
-I have a ceramic Santa setting on a bench that has not been put away since I won it in a White Elephant switch 5 years ago. (Besides moving.)
Favorite Theme? 
-I have stuffed gingerbread dolls at my house.
Do you decorate at work?.

Bonus points for PIP, automatic win if your house resembles the Griswalds.
Points will be tallied at the end.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: AW: Ho ho ho

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a mother and baby elephant ornament that I love.
    Favorite Theme? 
    I like snowflakes.
    Do you decorate at work?
    I stay at home, so I guess technically, yes.

I'm not good at feelings.

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Audgie, your daughter (i'm assuming) is freakin' adorable! Smile
    edited December 2011
    Why, thank you C!   :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-ho-ho-ho?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a7101993-dc0e-4e19-92b4-db98f8b90694Post:79212b2a-4d63-44f0-bb5e-52ea8620f81c">Re: AW: Ho ho ho</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why, thank you C!   :)
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

OMG! She is so stinkin' cute!!!!
    Anniversary
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    edited December 2011
    I haven't decorated my office yet. I have an awesome fiber optic tree that I need to bring in. They are putting up the decor in the lobby today (the main building lobby--there are multiple companies here).

I got most of my house done on Sunday, but it's nothing compared to the amount of decorating my mom does. I do have an inflatable penguin on my balcony.

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MINI AUDGIE!!! So cute I'm dying. Those pics just made my day!

I have no decorations up yet :( silly school, always getting in the way of real life.
  • edited December 2011
    My Great grandmothers 2 silver ornaments from the 40s.

Favorite Theme? 
    Red and green plaid just screams Christmas to me.

Do you decorate at work?
    I don't have a job yet but on my desk here at school I have a snowglobe

I have to share my Christmas fail. I tried to make a gingerbread house kit and I ended up adding too much water to the icing... after fighting with it for 30 minuets I gave up and went crazy with the decorations, here is the end result...

A Ginger Crack-house

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Audgie she is so cute!!!!!

-
    Not really. I am really into Christmas so it would be really hard to pick just one.
    Favorite Theme? 
    -Disney. What can I say FI and I are REALLY big Disney people
    Do you decorate at work?.
    - Yes I do. I have my home made garland up and my awesome Disney fiber optics tree. My supervisor asked me to make garland for the rest of my team so I will get to decorate the rest of my team's desks as well.

• leia1979leia1979 member
    edited December 2011
    JMM that gingerbread house is awesome.  =)

Skyler, I like the garland. Do you cut the pieces out yourself?
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies :)

@JMM- That gingerbread house made me giggle.

• edited December 2011
    We don't decorate at work, but, I love everyone else's pics!!  That garland is great!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is the "just in case" that you would need the typewriter for? I was going to say incase the power goes out and you really need a typed document but I think most "recent" typewriters require power.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone who wants to replicate the ginger house just needs to give up hope on your own and throw everything on it at once. =)

Bummer @where, i hope my future employer lets us have a little something
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-ho-ho-ho?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a7101993-dc0e-4e19-92b4-db98f8b90694Post:4fa692ef-3316-4ba3-9dc4-c6008e2a1b4f">AW: Ho ho ho</a>:
    [QUOTE]I put my office tree up today. BTW, yes, that is a typewriter behind it.  Yes, my office is stuc kin the 80s. <strong>No, they won't let me chuck it out of my office, "Just in case."</strong>
    We have floppy disks for this very reason. I don't think anyone has a computer with a floppy drive anymore. I asked me boss and he said we might need hem one day. Yep, when cds and flash drives are suddenly obsolete and hard to find, I will be SO GLAD we kept the floppies.

Do you have a favorite Christmas decoration? I bought an engagement ornament this year :)
    Favorite Theme?  FGMIL's penguins
    Do you decorate at work? Not really. I'll probably hang my cards on my cubicle once I start getting some.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I want to decorate my desk this year. I think I will get things together and do it on Friday.
    friends tv show funy
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AHHH! Audgie your daughter is so cute!

I have no pics.  Sorry kids.  I don't have fav. decorations and I don't really have anything to add.  Fail..lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    edited December 2011
    mine and BF's tree at home (it is fake and small) 

I'll probably also be decorating my lab bench with lights today! Yay!
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loopy, one of my co-workers uses it about twice a year.  She'll get the little 3 X 5 cards that she needs to type something on.
    I'm not even sure what those cards are for...

But it HAS to stay in MY office.  It's on a smaller desk that makes it really hard to get out of my L-shaped desk.  So I have bruises where I hit my hips on the corners where the two meet.  In the almost two years that I've worked here, I've never been without a bruise on one of my hips. 

ML, you win on obsolete technology.  At least mine is used 1 or 2 times a year.  But yours takes up less space, so I'll gladly trade.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Whereyat- Thank you!

Lei- I did not cut the pieces out myself. They are pre-cut, glittery, foam shapes that I bought at Jo Ann Fabrics. I bought some ribbon that I liked and used a hole punch to put two holes in the tress so I could string the ribbon through. The snowflakes already had holes in the center to I didn't have to do anything to them. I then just strung them all together and hung them up. It took like 15-20 min total to make it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards