Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Unity Tree

Has anyone saw this done, or know of a script?
I can't find a whole lot about it online, but I love the idea of planting a tree as a unity ceremony vs the candle.
So far all I really have is put it in a pot, let the mothers add some dirt, we eitherad dmore dirt or water it...
I guess thats a good start, but I need some ideas of what the minister can say.
THANKS!
Photobucket image
Crystal and Shawn

Re: Unity Tree

• Options
    I get that you want to do a unity thing (although in my mind the wedding ceremony IS a "unity thing") but a lovely white gown, dirt, splashing mud just screams disaster to me.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    i can't offer help with a script (i'd just go to google, which i'm sure you've done), but thanks for sharing the idea, i'd never heard of it. i'm not convinced it'd be disastrous - splashing mud's not a given, don't see how that'd happen with gentle pouring...but if i do happen to stumble across something in the research i'm about to embark on, :-), i'll come back and let u kno.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have one that I've written.  I can send it to you if you want...

Actually, just remembered...it's in my bio under "Ceremony".
    Vacation

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards