Not Engaged Yet
Options

Ideas for OOT Welcome Bags

Okay creative ladies, I'm making welcome bags for our OOT guests this week and so far all I've got is water bottles (we're at altitude and I want everyone to stay hydrated!) 

If you were coming to Colorado for a long-weekend + a wedding, what would be fun to get in a welcome basket?  The wedding is in Boulder but we're from just outside Golden (Coors), if that helps.  Most people are coming on Thursday: We're having karaoke Friday night and a pig roast on the 4th, then wedding is the 5th. 

imageimageAnniversary

Re: Ideas for OOT Welcome Bags

• Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These aren't really fun, but I would find them helpful:

- Some snacks: granola/breakfast bars and cookies
    - Travel-sized items: pain killers, tums/rolaids, toothpaste, tissues
    - Map of the area
    - List of restaurant and activity recommendations
    - Tea bags (hotels rooms usually have coffee, but not always tea)
    - Phone # of someone to contact if they have questions
    - Coloring book and crayons if there will be children
    - A local treat

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Something cowboy-themed. Everyone I know in Colorado seems to want to be a cowboy. Except maybe in Boulder and Estes Park, where the hippies are. Wink
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, tea bags are a great idea. What about an itinerary for the weekend - time, place, what to wear, directions if needed.

Maybe some cheap knick-knack thing that says Colorado? For example, when my dad went to the Mall of America, he brought me back a Minnesota keychain that says "Ya, You Betcha!" on it, and it cracks me up. Also, BF's sister went to Hawaii last month and sent me a tin of mints with the Hawaii state license plate on it (I kept the tin after I finished the mints; I put earrings in it when I travel)

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should probably just give everyone a six pack of Coors.
  • Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ooo great ideas so far! I'm definitely a fan of the snacks. It sucks to be in a hotel without grub and vending machine food is almost always bad for you. So maybe some fruit, breakfast bars, and crackers?

I really have nothing else to add - these were great ideas!
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beef Jerky? Oh! Chapstick! Teabags are always good *snort* what about a little flyer of things to do?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ideas-oot-welcome-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ab32b777-dc13-4142-af0d-5d662cbecebePost:571f71b8-6e1a-4c7f-8a33-38b816f5a48f">Re: Ideas for OOT Welcome Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beef Jerky? Oh! Chapstick! <strong>Teabags are always good *snort*</strong> what about a little flyer of things to do?
    Posted by hetshup[/QUOTE]

I just lost it.  FI has no idea why I'm cracking up...you just kept right on movin'....omg...lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When we did my sisters we gave a list of things to do and directions.  Also a note on altitude sickness, symptoms, ways to try to avoid it and what to do.  It may seem a bit scary to the guests, but if you have people from sea level it can be important.
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    A think that a list of suggestions of things for people to do would be fun like
    The Coors Brewery does tours
    Celestial Seasonings in Boulder does tours some of your guests might be intersted in that over beer. (You could also get tea stuff from here to put in the bags)
    Hiking/Walking trails
    Red Rocks is kind of close and could be fun for guests who have a few hours to kill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a list of activities and restaurants and such on the website, great idea to print a copy for the baskets!  Maps are also good, and some snacks.  The hotel has tea in each room, it's actually really nice tea that I steal whenever I'm there, but maybe some Emergan-Cs for the altitude?  I also like tylenol and definitely chapstick and sun screen!  Everyone I know from sea level comes out here and gets sunburned instantly!

Chocolove is in Boulder, so technically their chocolate is a local delicacy... Do I do exotic flavors or keep it super simple?  My favorite is cherry-chili, I would say raspberries or orange peels in dark chocolate are in the middle, and milk chocolate counts as the simplest.

What kind of knick-knacks would you actually want?  I mean, I have a deck of cards from the Mall of America and a crab magnet from Hawaii, but that's about it for bobbles I've kept.  Maybe magnets with elk on them or something?

Bethsmiles- we're using McGuckin's bags as our "baskets"  Laughing  Maybe we'll throw in some McGuckin's pens, too!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ana- I think Coors tastes like McDonald's french fries pureed in our tap water.  The smell down town on hops-roasting days makes me want to vomit.  I love beer, and Coors is not beer (IMO)
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ideas-oot-welcome-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ab32b777-dc13-4142-af0d-5d662cbecebePost:24b187ff-d9d0-4361-8a4b-297c0faccbba">Re: Ideas for OOT Welcome Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ana- I think Coors tastes like McDonald's french fries pureed in our tap water.  The smell down town on hops-roasting days makes me want to vomit.  I love beer, and Coors is not beer (IMO)
    Posted by nefariousmango[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was kidding.  I think it tastes like uncooked pretzel dough.  Actually lots of beers taste like that to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got that you were kidding, I just love how many people have jokingly suggested that IRL when everyone thinks it's crap
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards