Not Engaged Yet
Options

I'd rather not know...

So, my bf just called and asked me to go into his desk drawer of personal papers and look for something specific. On top, was a reciept from the jewelers we love for a ring. Bought a week before my 30th birthday over a month ago.

Ugh. I kinda wish I didn't see it. I'd rather have been really surprised! We had discussed this a lot last year, but hardly at all over the last few months.

But, of course, now my head and heart are going a million miles a minute. And my hopes are probalby way too high for our vacation in three weeks. Gotta breathe. Just gotta breathe.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: I'd rather not know...

• Options
    Just because he has the ring doesn't mean he will propose on your vacation. I know it's hard not to freak out knowing that he has the ring but that doesn't really change anything from before you knew. He could hold onto that ring for a long time or pop the question tomorrow.

• Options

He bought it for his other girlfriend.  Sucks for you, dude.

:)

Try to forget about it.  Easier said than done, I know.

• Options
    Haha. I know. I've been around this board long enough. But I needed to have an OMG moment and this seemed the best place without calling my girlfriends and mom. I'll get it over it soon enough.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Don't worry, I think most of us here would be "OMG!" too. I mean, not every day you find something like that. Still, just do your very best to pretend you never saw it, in order to preserve your own sanity. Aaaand - you have a vacation to look forward to - which is awesome enough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Just because its a ring, doesn't mean its an engagement ring. 

Just breath, and try to put it out of your mind :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know how this is.  Pretty much every time FI opened his mouth I thought he was going to pop the question.  :P  I kept myself as calm as I possibly could, though.  
  • Options

That is pretty exciting...think most of us would feel the same way.  That said, try to let it go and enjoy your vacation.  You want it to be a surprise in a good way but, if you anticipate it and it happens, it won't really be a surprise and, if you anticipate it and it doesn't happen, it will really bum you out.

• Options
    Breath, have an OMG moment, breath again, and then go back to life still sain.
    Continue to breath though... it's kind of important! :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Wow pretty exciting. I would try to put it out of your mind, I know easier said than done.  I wouldn't be able to get it out of my mind if it were me...

I like Elle's response, it's for his other girlfriend... lol

Anniversary

• Options
    Psh...he just bought a pair of sparkly horse shoes for the engagement pony he just bought you.
  • Options
    Ah I know how you feel on this one. One night my fiance came home drunk, and was talking about how the guys kept asking when we were going to pop out some kids. I laughed and said "baby we're not even engaged yet!", to which he replied "2 months!", paused for what seemed like forever and tried to recover with something like "...we'll run off to vegas!". I knew he had spilled the beans and trying to push the idea out of my head was SO difficult (and yes, we did get engaged 2 months later!). So I completely know how you feel! Don't worry, even though you may have an idea as to when he might propose, you have no idea how or where he might do it. You'll still be surprised :) I bawled my eyes out! Until then just trick your brain into thinking that its anything other than an engagement ring! ;)
  • Options

Well, turns out I was wrong anyway. Not and engagement ring, just a pretty right hand ring to replace the one I lost last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards