Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: Found my dress omg omg yay!! **Updated PIP**

So I totally have my maid of honor bless her heart to thank for finding THE dress. We arrived at our appointment a little late due to traffic and while we waited we brosed through the dresses in my size range , and I felt so overwhelmed at first but Nora ( my MOH) , told me to trust her and she picked out a few she thought would be great on me. One I passed by on the rack , she saw me in before I even put on. It was the second dress I put on , when I walked out she started balling crying and when I saw myself in the mirror , I was so shocked I just couldn't do anything , but I felt BEAUTIFUL , AND LIKE A BRIDE ! I was so shocked , but I made myself try on 3 more to be sure it was IT. And it was..and here are the best pics I could get lol.

I'm so excited it was on sale for 399.00 and we are changing the back to a corset back woohoo!! I even have my first fitting tomorrow omg I can't wait to get the dress back on I am so amazingly in love with it ! It has optional cap sleeves but I am going strapless , the veil in the pictures is the one I bought today as well it has a scalloped edge with swarvoski crystals. And even as short as I am the length is perfect!

Okay pics below woohoo !!

Forgive my goofy faces , I was just so excited lol.

Full front picture

Goofy grin because I know it's the one !

Self pic taken in the mirror

Back detail

Close up of back detail

Close-up of front

Another view of back

Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: AW: Found my dress omg omg yay!! **Updated PIP**

• Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww you look so pretty! The dress looks great on you.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Yay! You look so happy in your dress :D and it looks beautiful on you!

• Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look great! I love all the embroidery!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Amazing!!! You look fabulous! How are you having your first fitting tomorrow? Did you buy the sample dress?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-found-dress-omg-omg-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bad13e1b-4bc0-4da7-9066-dff366110615Post:42b0a153-6ee3-4041-ada5-0822459e1ccb">Re: AW: Found my dress omg omg yay!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amazing!!! You look fabulous! How are you having your first fitting tomorrow? Did you buy the sample dress?
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

Yeah it basically was impossible to order ( clearance style) but I am totally okay with it. It is in great condition and I love love love it. I'm just so happy with it all :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothing wrong with buying a sample! Especially when it looks great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome that you were able to find a dress that you love so quickly and much less than your budget at that! You look great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tafft I was just thinking about you! You look so beautiful!! I love the detailing on the front!!! *HUGS* SO happy for you;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!!!!! Aw Tafft you look BEAUTIFUL!!! You look so happy!!!

And extra WOOT for clearance!!! YAY!
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YAAAAAAY!!!

You look stunning in that dress! I love all the pretty beading and that kind of split in the front there. And you're clearly so happy in it! That's the best part!

Congrats on finding your dress, honey! I'm really glad you had a good experience and found something you love. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! It's a beautiful dress!
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all I love you gals so much ! I also fit into a gown about 2 sizes smaller than I was dreading so go me lol. I seriously didn't wanna take it off and the fact they can make iit into a corset back makes me THAT much happier though I told them , I didn;t care if they couldn't , it was just a preference , I knew it was the one yay.

I had another ladie's family while she was changing come over and tell me how beautiful I was..that meant so much to me. I know FI is gonna LOVE it. He's such a gem , He paid for everything and is even buying my MOH a new dress as a surprise - she has had a rough year with battling cancer and other problems and seeing her reaction meant so much to me. I know my mom was with me last night and I am so very happy :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very nice.  You look great.
  • Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  You look so beautiful and so happy!   The details are pretty as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *hugs* You're such a gorgeous bride! Seriously, you are an amazing, uplifting person and that dress just enhances everything about you. It's stunning and I am SO glad you found it! I knew you'd have a great time and everything would fall into place.

Congratulations!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *hugs Jeana* I don't even know what to say to you , or anyone , your words truly touched me and I am trying not to cry here as I type this :) It means so so very much to me to have so many wonderful people to share this entire experience with.

I love that the dress is completely ME as well , and I am sincerely lucky to have such amazing people to experience something that I never thought would happen. *HUGS TO ALL*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, your dress is so awesome! I really love how the fabric gathers in the front, such a pretty detail.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hooray on the dress!  I adore the detailing and I'm so so happy you can make it a corset back (I <3 corest backs)!  You look amazing, and your FI sounds like a winner buying your MOH a dress as a surprise.
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies :) Had my fitting yesterday , on the hottest day of the year , seriously I think it was close to 100 here and on top of that had a wedding dress on , lol. But the dress dosen't feel heavy , just was warm but the alterations lady was so kind and brought in a fan to cool me off , which helped alot. So July 2nd I go back and we got my MOH her dress as well yay.

Also printed out my invitations this morning and we both LOVE them ! Best 40 dollars we ever spent at Michaels and the templates were so easy to use and modify , loved it. Picture below :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Tafft! Happy tears for you.  It warms my heart that you had such a positive experience getting your dress.  I know how worried you were. 

You are definitely a bride.  Look at that smile!! 

I think from now on you get to be the poster child for all the crazies that come on here and say they need to start planning before a ring.  Look at what you have done in a freaking week!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your invitations are gorgeous! I'm so glad things are working out for you! The original venue was amazing but this sounds like a much more fun way to get married. You get to do it sooner and you get to do the fun stuff now instead of waiting!
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <3 Mutley! Thanks , trust me it hasn't been stress free by any means but I have no regrets. I have had a great experience with David's Bridal and I believe have my patoent , understanding and very sweet consultant for that , seriously she has the patience of a saint ! I Love love love my dress and I now feel like a bride too :)

As for the planning aspect , seriously if I can do this much in a week on one of the busiest weekend in a destination wedding spot , anyone can plan an awesome wedding. It just takes patience , dedication and a positive outlook and attitude which I have to thank FI for convincing me to have through all this. I think after this week I can actually sit back , and relax , as soon as the invites get sent out this Tuesday we are DONE.

Just as a timeline expample of the craziness this week :

Last Sunday - FI and I decide the larger wedding isn't faeasible and decide Lake Tahoe would be perfect. I call david's Bridal and set an appointment for Friday May 28th.

Monday - Work most the day but start doing online research for an officiant/area to get married. That evening speak to our now officiant , asked questions , got prices and payment schedlue info. I relay all info and call a few other places , we decide to go with first option , call and place deposit payment to reserve our date and time.

Tuesday - Work a half day , start calling around for a cake baker. 10 phone calls later finally find one who is awesome and comes highly recommened from everyone in the area. Send in cake deposit to reserve our date and schedule cake tasting for July 9th at 3pm.

Wednesday - Off the next 3 days , decide to get everything done asap. Call around for a reception restaurant that can accomodate a wedding reception of 20 people or less. Leave 4 messages for restaurants and try to be patient. Call lodging options and reserve our honeymoon suite. Call everyone , send facebook messages , letting people know the date is set now. Fax over documents and marriage license to officiant - verify things were receieved.

Thursday - Look around for local hotels to block off a set of rooms for OOT guests. Arrange that and get confirmation emails all printed out and filed in my folder. Prepare for my dress appointment and end up watching way too much of Say yes to the Dress. Nepheles restaurant gets back to me and after talking extensively with the owner we reserve our space for the reception.

Friday - Make some calls to local salons - get some quotes for bridal hair and makeup. Booked a local salon that comes recommened by local friends and through my various vendors in Lake Tahoe. Go to David's Bridal and find my dress of my dreams and on SALE yay. Bought my dress , veil , petticoat and undergarments needed. Schedule my fitting for the next day in the afternoon.

Saturday - (yesterday) - Wake up early with FI to run errands. Went to Michaels and found our invitations to print out. Went shoping and found our wedding rings , picked up MOH and went to david's Bridal for my fitting and her finding a dress. MOH finds a beautiful dress just as my appointment comes up. Fitting goes well , schedule a return appointment for July 2nd. Ordered MOH dress , shoes and shawl.

Sunday - (Today) - Wake up early to print out invitations. They came out awesome. Everything is booked and done until July 2nd. Sending out invites on Tuesday.
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    edited December 2011
    YAY! You look gorgeous and man have you been busy!
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    You are a planning fiend! Love it!! Those invites are beautiful, love!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're dress is beautful! And you look amazing in it! You are going to be a gorgeous bride Smile
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It looks great tafft!  Congrats on finding one!  Told you you'd get a good deal there Wink  I also bought the sample one as well - I was completely shocked when they said I'd be taking it home that day! 

• Options
    Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The invitations look very nice!  I love your name too, btw!
  • Options
    hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, Tafft you look so pretty! I love all the soft detailing on the front. Do you think they might be able to add a small sweetheart to the top, I feel like it will show off your shoulders to perfection! I esp love how flowiness of the bottom. And you really do look like a bride!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did ask if they could do a sweetheart , unfortunatewly they can't but I *may* actually add my own shawl for a little extra something , not sure yet but I have time to try it out :)

@Ana - thank you that's so sweet ;)

@Jeter - I was so shocked and happy and when I fit into a size smaller than I was expecting that made it that much better. When I went in for my fitting appointment , as she was pinning things together  and what not , I just looked at myself in the mirror and about started crying. I've never been so sure about something other than my FI. It is a wonderful feeling.

To all : Thank you again , so much for such kind support , laughs and smiles through an emotionally charged time. You ladies rock :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late... but wanted to say that the dress is very pretty, I love the detailing.  Most importantly though...  you look look sooo happy and you say you love it!  Congrats on finding the one! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards