Not Engaged Yet

Dancing with the Stars

It's possibly my favorite show ever and I want to talk about it.  Is anybody else watching this season?

Re: Dancing with the Stars

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I catch bits and pieces...but I'm not hard core or anything.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Favorite?  Least favorite?  Pick to win?  Were you sad to see Mike go?
    edited December 2011
    I should probably mention that I usually watch on Hulu the next day so I'm always a little behind. :)

Mike seemed fun so yeah I wanted him to stay a while longer but he was a terrrrrrible dancer.

I like Ralph and Kirstie. But that smile of Hines'...whooeeee!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

edited December 2011
    Agreed.  I was sad to see Mike go because he's got a great attitude and he's so funny.  I like Ralph and Kirstie, too.  And I like Chelsea, but I have a crush on Mark Ballas for some weird reason, so I always like his partner because I want him to be around for a while.
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I totally have the hots for Mark. 

edited December 2011
    I'm in love with Derek (where is he this season?), Maks, and Dmitry too.
    edited December 2011
    I wanted Erin Andrews to win. I thought it was really unfair to let Nicole Sherzinger on the show. Hello, she's used to learning choreography! She has dance training. It really makes a difference.

edited December 2011
    Maaaaaaaaksssss MMMMMMMMM

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dancing-stars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:baf08ba5-b9cb-4f8e-84de-21800a1d3affPost:b1f3b0db-ac25-4eac-b82e-7b6f7e85e38c">Re: Dancing with the Stars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted Erin Andrews to win. I thought it was really unfair to let Nicole Sherzinger on the show. Hello, she's used to learning choreography! She has dance training. It really makes a difference.
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I feel like almost every season has one of those, though.  Mya, Jennifer Grey, Donnie and Marie Osmond...  I used to get irritated about it, but now I don't.
    edited December 2011
    I feel like one movie 20 years ago is different from dancing on stage and in music videos in the last 5 years. But I see your point, Elle. Any kind of dance background helps, and I think a sports background can be helpful too just in terms of being in shape, being coordinated, and/or being able to keep up better? Idk. I guess there will always be some who are just naturally better dancers for whatever reason. 

Also, what's with Lacey? Sometimes she just comes across as a total hooch. Is it just me who thinks she gets overly sexy? Perhaps in hopes of getting more votes?

edited December 2011
    It wasn't just one movie, though.  She studied dance for a long time.  She grew up doing it.

Re Lacey:  I really like her.  She's one of my favorite female dancers.  I can see what you mean, though.  She does give off an overly-sexy vibe sometimes.
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know that! About Jennifer Grey, I mean. Obv.

I really like that the pros are from around the world. I particularly love Kym Johnson's Aussie accent. :)

edited December 2011
    I love Kym!  That bit with her trying to use Hines's slang was so cute.
    edited December 2011
    I've also been wondering where Derek is this season. He always has such amazing choreography. Although I thought that jive from Mark was brilliant. I could see what Carrie Ann was saying, that that kind of thing is more appropriate later on. You kinda have to show you've mastered the basics, and THEN you can start doing the non-traditional stuff. Chelsea's footwork could have been better. But still! It was fantastic!

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dancing-stars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:baf08ba5-b9cb-4f8e-84de-21800a1d3affPost:fc7643c4-63f4-4a05-96ac-81f729e60c54">Re: Dancing with the Stars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Kym!  That bit with her trying to use Hines's slang was so cute.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking of. I was giggling out loud at that part!

</div>

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dancing-stars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:baf08ba5-b9cb-4f8e-84de-21800a1d3affPost:31dbf1cc-6c4b-47c2-a1a9-8a382674f8ee">Re: Dancing with the Stars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've also been wondering where Derek is this season. He always has such amazing choreography. Although I thought that jive from Mark was brilliant. I could see what Carrie Ann was saying, that that kind of thing is more appropriate later on. You kinda have to show you've mastered the basics, and THEN you can start doing the non-traditional stuff. Chelsea's footwork could have been better. But still! It was fantastic!
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

I loved it, too!  But, again, major crush on Mark, so I probably would have liked whatever it was.  Chelsea has her weak spots, but I feel like she could end up being a contender this season.

I love the stuff Derek comes up with, too.  The 50's paso with Nichole...  amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm watching! I liked Mike and Lacey - I thought Wendy should have gone. She's stiff as a board. And Louis's face freaks me out, and I'm waiting for one of Kendra's boobs to deflate on the dance floor.

I'm rooting for Cheryl and Chris Jericho. Cheryl is my favorite professional dancer, and I LOVE Chris Jericho. I also like Chelsea Kane from the Disney channel but I'm blanking on her partner.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dancing-stars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:baf08ba5-b9cb-4f8e-84de-21800a1d3affPost:12e66c6c-38bb-41ae-ae67-1be20b7c11a0">Re: Dancing with the Stars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching! I liked Mike and Lacey - I thought Wendy should have gone. She's stiff as a board. And Louis's face freaks me out, and I'm waiting for one of Kendra's boobs to deflate on the dance floor. I'm rooting for Cheryl and Chris Jericho. Cheryl is my favorite professional dancer, and I LOVE Chris Jericho. <strong>I also like Chelsea Kane from the Disney channel but I'm blanking on her partner.</strong>
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

Mark Ballas!  See above posts...  I loooove him.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dancing-stars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:baf08ba5-b9cb-4f8e-84de-21800a1d3affPost:12e66c6c-38bb-41ae-ae67-1be20b7c11a0">Re: Dancing with the Stars</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching! I liked Mike and Lacey - <strong>I thought Wendy should have gone. She's stiff as a board.</strong> And Louis's face freaks me out, and I'm waiting for one of Kendra's boobs to deflate on the dance floor. I'm rooting for Cheryl and Chris Jericho. Cheryl is my favorite professional dancer, and I LOVE Chris Jericho. I also like Chelsea Kane from the Disney channel but I'm blanking on her partner.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed!</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad they paired Maks with Kirstie, especially after the comments he made awhile back about Cheryl getting chucky. He is so gorgeous but he knows it and he seems like a pompous asshole when he opens his mouth. I have no favorites, I like the majority of the stars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards