Not Engaged Yet

Santa was very good to me this year

I seriously never thought Bill would propose on Christmas!!! We got home from my grandparents on Christmas Eve and he told me he needed to figure out if he was going to wrap my presents then or in the morning. I got into my pajamas and started getting ready for bed. At about 12:15 he came back upstairs and was in the living room, I asked if I could go in there to get my pillow thinking he might be wrapping. He told me to come out. I went into the livingroom, grabbed my pillow, played with our dog for a minute, and turned around. There he was holding the ring box! He said, "I love you so much and I want to be with you forever. Will you marry me?" He even got on one knee! I made sure to say yes and proceeded to freak out!!!

It was a huge surprise because, although we had discussed getting married fairly soon, he told me years ago that he would never propose on Christmas or my birthday. Turns out he changed his mind! I really worked out well because we see both of our extended families on Christmas so we were able to tell everyone the news in person!

Oh and he did great on the ring! Exactly what I've always hoped for!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Santa was very good to me this year

• edited December 2011
    ***It really worked out well*** oops, typo...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    congrats hun! super cute story and your ring is beautiful!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great!! Congrats hun!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! It's good to be surprised, right? :) Ring is beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Congrats.  I love the ring.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY so exciting. I'm glad he was able to surprise you
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! We're so excited! We're going to try and plan a wedding for late summer or early fall 2010...we might be crazy but it's worth a shot! I registered for a Bridal Show on Jan. 10 so I'll get some ideas then. Until then, we're just really happy. Our moms are ecstatic!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! 

You truly only need 2 months to plan a wedding.  Our engagement was exactly 6 months and 6 days but the bulk of the wedding was planned in 2 months. 
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! :-D
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Mutley, that makes me feel better! I think we can do it!
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! That's amazing. It's wonderful that he was able to surprise you. And you'll be fine, it'll all come together for you. Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It's great that he suprised you.  You can definitely plan a wedding in six months.  Good luck!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I have no personal experience whatsoever on the matter but I'm sure you'll be fine planning a wedding for that time.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!

And I agree with Mutley.  FI and I got engaged Oct. 28.  Had we really wanted to, we could've planned the entire wedding and be getting married in January since my dress came in so much earlier than expected.  I kind of wish we were since now it feels like we're just biding our time since most everything is done.  Luckily, I like DIY, so I get to occupy myself that way.  You should be fine planning a wedding in 6 months.  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Acro, the one thing I worry about is availability of places and vendors. My sister is good friends with the girl that does all of the bookings for the county parks and all Saturdays in the summer are booked. I'm not against Friday at all and might actually prefer it so we'll have to keep that idea in mind.

Thanks for the support though ladies! I appreciate it!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards