Not Engaged Yet

*Cate*

(This also applies to anyone else that has done this, Cate is just the person who comes to mind.)

Where did you get BFs watch from? I remember you saying that you were looking into a few different sites, and I would like to start looking. A few weeks ago, BF said that he would like a nice watch. I explained about your situation and he liked the idea of him getting a watch when I get a ring. I don't think it will be happening any time soon, but I'd like to look around and price some out so I can save over time. TIA.
friends tv show funy

Re: *Cate*

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think Cate got her watch off a sale on Ideeli or something like that.  Does your BF have a particular brand or style he likes?  You can find deals on over stock as well.  I found a watch for FI on there.
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cate-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd9fb413-b7c3-4ce1-b179-52a3cec7abb7Post:ed0a1718-6bf2-4841-b296-f5ac43eb9276">Re: *Cate*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Cate got her watch off a sale on Ideeli or something like that.  Does your BF have a particular brand or style he likes?  You can find deals on over stock as well.  I found a watch for FI on there.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

The only criteria I got from him was that he likes a black background. He doesn't want the date only numbers. He likes silver/white gold better than gold. I have no experience doing any of this which is why I am asking advice as well. Should I ask him more questions, or have a look myself. Anything else I should know beforehand?
    friends tv show funy
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    whats the budget?  size, the faces on mens watches doesn't vary much but it goes from average to huge faces.  As for the metal, gold, aluminum, steel, polished?  or more of a matte luster?  Is he more flashy or more subtle?

edit: square/rectangle or round face?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cate-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd9fb413-b7c3-4ce1-b179-52a3cec7abb7Post:17cd587b-34d3-4b6b-84a7-d9b6afd2835b">Re: *Cate*</a>:
    [QUOTE]whats the budget?  size, the faces on mens watches doesn't vary much but it goes from average to huge faces.  As for the metal, gold, aluminum, steel, polished?  or more of a matte luster?  Is he more flashy or more subtle? edit: square/rectangle or round face?
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

I haven't decided on a budget, but I would like to stay under $500. I think he'd like the average face. He's not flashy, the flashiest thing he has is a ID bracelet I got him back in high school that he wears when he gets dressed up. Round face I'd imagine. I think I am going to have to ask him more about what he really wants. I really like the first link you posted, but it did have the date on it, so IDK if he'd like that one. I am going to take a peek at the other on the website, and if I find some I think he'd like I'll link them. Thanks for the help! I really have no clue what I'm looking for, so this is good so I can ask him what he likes.
    friends tv show funy
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, Ideeli.com - keep an eye on the deals that pop up.  They feature watches regularly, and it was an awesome deal!  My budget was around $800, and I got it for $175.  And it was EXACTLY what he wants!

My friend recommended CronoShark.com for good deals - they are watches-only and feature one watch per day.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    BF is now obsessed with watches so I have a few sites you can check out:

Chronoshark.com
    Invictashark.com
    Watchdoddy.com- they usually have like 12-15 different watches from different websites!
    Gilt.com
    Beyondtherack.com
    Shopnbc.com

Hope that helps :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From that description the first thing I thought of was Movado.

But that probably isn't in budget/his style...

I love Costco's selection of watches. In my experience, they have a good selection and good prices. I actually got my watch there a couple years ago.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rulala is going to have a sale on Seiko Men's watches on Thursday - check it out!!!

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cate-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:bd9fb413-b7c3-4ce1-b179-52a3cec7abb7Post:7138414a-5f07-460c-9795-7c743dfa8926">Re: *Cate*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rulala is going to have a sale on Seiko Men's watches on Thursday - check it out!!!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Thanks ladies! I will def. check out Ruelala and those other sites!
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards