Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday Accountability

Good morning and happy Wednesday! We're about half way through the week, the weekend is within reach. Let's switch it up a little today. In addition to writing out your meals and exercise, add in something you're proud of yourself for today and something you could work on. 

B: Tea, fruit cup, my "egg salad" -- I even chopped up celery for it today! (4)
L: Lean Cuisine meatloaf and mashed potatoes (6)
D: FI and I are going out to dinner at THIS place tonight. I'm torn right now between ordering the filet mignon and the scallops. If I get the steak, I have to show some self-control and only eat half (it's 10oz). But I'll know how many points I'm eating (I'd really have to guess if I got the scallops). We shall see. 

E: Rest day

I'm proud of myself for being active 7 of the past 9 days. The only days I didn't really do anything was last Friday (I had a wedding) and Saturday (I was a little hungover and needed a lazy day). 

I could work on adding more strength-training into my workouts. I try to do the upper body machine on the express circuit at my gym but I have no idea if I'm doing the right amount of weight/reps. Basically I'm winging it and I have no idea if I'm doing any good. 

Re: Wednesday Accountability

• Options
    B- scrambled eggs with spinach, onions, and tomatoes, coffeeeee
    L- english muffin with one tsp PB, almonds, grapes
    S- fiber one 90 cal brownie
    D- shrimp stir fry

E- I'm getting my flu shot this morning so it will depend on how I feel...would like to do zumba but might end up doing something a little lighter (yoga?)

I'm having a really hard time coming up with something that I'm proud of right now.  I could work on balancing my workout schedule a little more in terms of cardio, strength, body areas, etc.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:46000ebb-8cf4-42ce-8e72-42b6ec88823e">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]B- scrambled eggs with spinach, onions, and tomatoes, coffeeeee L- english muffin with one tsp PB, almonds, grapes S- fiber one 90 cal brownie D- shrimp stir fry E- I'm getting my flu shot this morning so it will depend on how I feel...would like to do zumba but might end up doing something a little lighter (yoga?)<strong> I'm having a really hard time coming up with something that I'm proud of right now. </strong> I could work on balancing my workout schedule a little more in terms of cardio, strength, body areas, etc.
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm proud of you for getting yourself back into working out after having such a rough summer. I'm also proud of you for going to see your doctor this week :) </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:28100ba9-efdd-42a9-88ab-f57317d54abe">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Accountability : I'm proud of you for getting yourself back into working out after having such a rough summer. I'm also proud of you for going to see your doctor this week :) 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]
    I lurve you so hard <3  Thank you for giving me something to be proud of...my brain can't process pride this morning haha
    Anniversary
  • Options
    B- tea, yogurt with strawberries
    L- vegetarian pad thai
    S- Apple
    D- not sure meeting up with my friend for dinner.
    S- wine and some sea salted almonds

E- none today, going with my friend bridesmaid's dress shopping after work

Anniversary

• Options
    For upper body, I aim to do 2-3 sets of 10ish reps for each type of lift (I only have free weights available at my apartment gym, so this might not apply to circuit training).  For selecting the weight, I try to find the weight that allows me to do at least 8 reps, but then the final few reps should be a bit of a struggle, particularly during that third set.  I rest a minute or two between sets.  I am usually sore the next day, and sometimes on the second day too.  I feel obligated to add that I haven't actually lifted weights in a couple months, this is just what I used to do.

B: oatmeal (160)
    S: hot chocolate (60)
    L: steamed veggies (175) + protein bar (190)
    S: hot chocolate (60) + nuts (170)
    D: soup (140) + saltines (120)
    Total: 1075
    This is way less than I should be eating.  I will need to add another 300 calories or so somewhere. 

I am proud of myself for doing my hair and makeup this morning.  Since I have been so sick for the last week, I just couldn't be bothered.  I actually feel prepared to take on the day, instead of just taking another nap.

I'm not sure what I need to focus on right now.  I haven't be running lately, but that isn't really something I can change until I feel better.  I suppose cutting out unhealthy snacking.  I bought some candy corn yesterday that I definitely didn't need. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    B: Left over hashbrowns and omlette from Sunday's breakfast
    L: Salad with chicken, feta, tomato, and ranch
    S: Apple
    D: I think fajitas

E: JM 6wk6pk

I am a negative nelly this week. Things money wise are finally starting to catch up to me from all the weddings and showers I had this summer. On a brighter note, I completed three applications yesterday. One for a new full time job and two part time positions. Handed one in at BWW and had an interview on the spot. I have my second interview there tonight. Wish me luck, I really need this.

I could work on getting more workouts in and looking into how to budget myself better.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:cd8b2141-9936-48e0-b22f-1093cf026b64">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>For upper body, I aim to do 2-3 sets of 10ish reps for each type of lift (I only have free weights available at my apartment gym, so this might not apply to circuit training).  For selecting the weight, I try to find the weight that allows me to do at least 8 reps, but then the final few reps should be a bit of a struggle, particularly during that third set.  I rest a minute or two between sets.  I am usually sore the next day, and sometimes on the second day too.  I feel obligated to add that I haven't actually lifted weights in a couple months, this is just what I used to do.</strong> B: oatmeal (160) S: hot chocolate (60) L: steamed veggies (175) + protein bar (190) S: hot chocolate (60) + nuts (170) D: soup (140) + saltines (120) Total: 1075 This is way less than I should be eating.  I will need to add another 300 calories or so somewhere.  I am proud of myself for doing my hair and makeup this morning.  Since I have been so sick for the last week, I just couldn't be bothered.  I actually feel prepared to take on the day, instead of just taking another nap. I'm not sure what I need to focus on right now.  I haven't be running lately, but that isn't really something I can change until I feel better.  I suppose cutting out unhealthy snacking.  I bought some candy corn yesterday that I definitely didn't need. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

Thank you SO much! I'm taking notes and I'll try this out tomorrow. I didn't think I was really doing what I was supposed to because I was really never sore the next day, at all.

• Options
    I'm jealous of your dinner out, rdr!!

B:  2 eggs, 1/2 toast, 1/2 tsp orange-fig fam, 8 oz skinny caramel macchiato (255)
    L:  chicken broccoli ginger stir fry (285), Texmati rice (107), XL peach (87)
    S:  large apple (120)
    D:  ST chicken cavatelli, but with elbow noodles (281 for large thigh and 114 for soup)

that puts my total at 1250 cals.  I went over last night so I am trying to be more careful today.  however, if I do exercise, I will probably have a 75-100 cal snack...  probably some frozen grilled chicken strips for extra protein.

E:  I usually don't do any on Wed because they are very busy for me, but since I didn't do anything last night (TOTM, I always have one day of crazy-extreme fatigue) I should do something today...  so probably something fast, 30 min or less.

something I'm proud of:  health-wise, not much right now.  however, I'm really getting things done at work lately, and juggling a lot of different responsibilities.  I'm doing that well.  also, I went and bought a couple Cooking Light magazines...  I'd starting doing mostly Martha Stewart recipes, and while they are so tasty and wonderful, they really aren't as low-calorie and "healthful" as I'd like.  so I'm proud that I'm doing something about that, instead of just whining about not losing weight.

something I can work on:  getting back into exercising, especially since I'm having surery in 3 wks (from today!).  also, I need to figure out how to keep exercising while on crutches/non-weight-bearing.  I am going to call a women's gym near my house and see if they offer anything I could do.  if not, I'm going to call my orthopedic surgeon and get some ideas.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:bed4ba15-628f-4645-a6e6-dd1660ed8d71">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Accountability : Thank you SO much! I'm taking notes and I'll try this out tomorrow. I didn't think I was really doing what I was supposed to because I was really never sore the next day, at all.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!  One of my best friend's works at a gym and I made her teach me how to lift weights (and actually get results).  I should warn you, if you over do it, you will be sore the next day and extremely sore the second day. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:9889b9b0-2521-4a39-9e22-ce170efa518d">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Accountability : You're welcome!  One of my best friend's works at a gym and I made her teach me how to lift weights (and actually get results).  I should warn you, if you over do it, you will be sore the next day and extremely sore the second day. 
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

does she have any ideas for people who are on no-weight-bearing orders?  I won't be able to stand or walk, on crutches only (foot/ankle surgery).  :):):)
  • Options
    I made it to the gym yesterday and played tennis! I thought about weighing myself, but I weighed myself on Wednesday last week, so I should really do it today at the gym. Honestly, I'm kinda worried because I wasn't very good over the weekend, and because I had a lot of sodium yesterday (stupid soy sauce). Still, even if my wieght goes up a little, at least I'll know it, which I've avoided doing for a while now.

Today
    B: Coffee with a little cream and half sugar/half splenda: 150
    L: 2 slices of leftover homemade pizza (one plain, one veggie) - 600
    D: Not sure yet - I have a feeling I'll end up splitting a hero with BF if we go to the gym & then I don't want to cook. - I'll estimate 700.

E: Gym! and maybe tennis (-200)

I'm proud of - committing myself to a weigh-in every week. It's going to take a while to get used to eating right consistently (I always really screw up on the weekends), but at least with a weekly weigh-in I'll finally hold myself accountable. And I know that once I drop 2lbs or so, I'll get really motivated, because that's what's always happened in the past, so I need to just keep doing my best to get to that point.

I can work on - making it to the gym more often. BF and I both "want" to go, but if one of us isn't that interested in going for any reason, we both just decide to skip it. I need to push us to go more often and not always accept his excuses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Stina good luck with the interview!! I hope it works out.  Keep us posted.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:f9db066a-9d23-4cac-b3da-9c54f427e5c3">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm jealous of your dinner out, rdr!! B:  2 eggs, 1/2 toast, 1/2 tsp orange-fig fam, 8 oz skinny caramel macchiato (255) L:  chicken broccoli ginger stir fry (285), Texmati rice (107), XL peach (87) S:  large apple (120) D:  ST chicken cavatelli, but with elbow noodles (281 for large thigh and 114 for soup) that puts my total at 1250 cals.  I went over last night so I am trying to be more careful today.  however, if I do exercise, I will probably have a 75-100 cal snack...  probably some frozen grilled chicken strips for extra protein. E:  I usually don't do any on Wed because they are very busy for me, but since I didn't do anything last night (TOTM, I always have one day of crazy-extreme fatigue) I should do something today...  so probably something fast, 30 min or less. something I'm proud of:  health-wise, not much right now.  however, I'm really getting things done at work lately, and juggling a lot of different responsibilities.  I'm doing that well.  also, I went and bought a couple Cooking Light magazines...  I'd starting doing mostly Martha Stewart recipes, and while they are so tasty and wonderful, they really aren't as low-calorie and "healthful" as I'd like.  so I'm proud that I'm doing something about that, instead of just whining about not losing weight. something I can work on:  getting back into exercising, especially since I'm having surery in 3 wks (from today!).  also, I need to figure out how to keep exercising while on crutches/non-weight-bearing.  I am going to call a women's gym near my house and see if they offer anything I could do.  if not, I'm going to call my orthopedic surgeon and get some ideas.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>I know you don't do WW but they have really awesome recipes in the WW recipe books at the grocery store. It lists the calories and all that in addition to the points. My family and I had a big dinner last week and everything we made was from the book and every. single. thing. was absolutely delcious! They're a little pricey, I want to say $10 for the whole book but it's worth it if you want to try some new, yummy stuff! </div><div>
    </div><div>What are you having surgery for? Is this for when you fell?</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:802344a9-e7fe-4ee2-9ec6-4a1f8e7d7a9f">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made it to the gym yesterday and played tennis! I thought about weighing myself, but I weighed myself on Wednesday last week, so I should really do it today at the gym. Honestly, I'm kinda worried because I wasn't very good over the weekend, and because I had a lot of sodium yesterday (stupid soy sauce). Still, even if my wieght goes up a little, at least I'll know it, which I've avoided doing for a while now. Today B: Coffee with a little cream and half sugar/half splenda: 150 L: 2 slices of leftover homemade pizza (one plain, one veggie) - 600 D: Not sure yet - I have a feeling I'll end up splitting a hero with BF if we go to the gym & then I don't want to cook. - I'll estimate 700. E: Gym! and maybe tennis (-200) I'm proud of - committing myself to a weigh-in every week. It's going to take a while to get used to eating right consistently (I always really screw up on the weekends), but at least with a weekly weigh-in I'll finally hold myself accountable. And I know that once I drop 2lbs or so, I'll get really motivated, because that's what's always happened in the past, so I need to just keep doing my best to get to that point. I can work on - making it to the gym more often.<strong> BF and I both "want" to go, but if one of us isn't that interested in going for any reason, we both just decide to skip it. I need to push us to go more often and not always accept his excuses.</strong>
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I don't know if this is an option for you but I bring my gym stuff to work with me so that I have no excuse to go home. You could do that and tell him to meet you at the gym. That way, you're taking the initiative and not really giving him the opportunity to "talk you out of it." Before I started doing this, my FI would suggest going for drinks after work, doing this, doing that.  Now he knows I go straight to the gym from work and anything we want to do happens after. 

</div>

• Options
    edited September 2012
    sounds similar to the Cooking Light (CL) books I bought.  I marked almost every page, so I'm really excited.  they even have a 30 min or less section.  I haven't seen the WW recipe books at the grocery store, so maybe I can find it on Amazon.  I will look for sure, thank you! 

the surgery is for bone spurs on my feet.  I had it done to my right foot, 4 or 5 years ago.  now it's time for my left foot.  they'll be detaching my achilles tendon and letting it reattach over the reduced bone area naturally, instead of stitching it back... that's why it takes so long and I can't put any weight whatsoever on my foot, to let the tendon reattach...  then I have to "teach it" how to move again.

I'll be working from home for 4-6 weeks then wean myself into a walking boot off of crutches.  it could be a good 6 months before I'm able to relearn jogging, but I want to keep my heart healthy at least and find some sitting cardio.  my arms will get plenty of work on the crutches, and I found a few ab moves I can do without needing my legs.  but cardio?  all I can think of is shadow boxing in a chair.

EDIT:  no swimming/water...  can't get it wet for a while.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:268de529-bd55-45c0-a5f2-6f7e1397a634">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]sounds similar to the Cooking Light (CL) books I bought.  I marked almost every page, so I'm really excited.  they even have a 30 min or less section.  I haven't seen the WW recipe books at the grocery store, so maybe I can find it on Amazon.  I will look for sure, thank you!  the surgery is for bone spurs on my feet.  I had it done to my right foot, 4 or 5 years ago.  now it's time for my left foot.  they'll be detaching my achilles tendon and letting it reattach over the reduced bone area naturally, instead of stitching it back... that's why it takes so long and I can't put any weight whatsoever on my foot, to let the tendon reattach...  then I have to "teach it" how to move again. I'll be working from home for 4-6 weeks then wean myself into a walking boot off of crutches.  it could be a good 6 months before I'm able to relearn jogging, but I want to keep my heart healthy at least and find some sitting cardio.  my arms will get plenty of work on the crutches, and I found a few ab moves I can do without needing my legs.  but cardio?  all I can think of is shadow boxing in a chair. EDIT:  no swimming/water...  can't get it wet for a while.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh WOW! That sounds painful and honestly kind of frustrating. </div><div>
    </div><div>I was going to suggest the boxing moves, that's all I can remember from 3DS haha</div>

• Options
    B: Eggs and turkey sausage and a little bit of potatoes.  I was hungry this morning, and I wanted to eat.
    S: Orange
    L: Skinny Shepherd's Pie: turkey, mixed veggies, mashed potatoes, tiny bit of gravy.
    D: Probably grilled chicken and veggies.  I'm heading home tonight.

E: Running.  I got home too late last night, so I did some ab exercises instead of run.

Proud of: Not losing my mind yet.  This job search is getting really hard on me.

Work on: Not stuffing myself with chocolate when the metro screws me over three times in two days.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Wow, that surgery sounds awful!  I don't have any suggestions other than to check with your doctor, maybe they will be able to suggest something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That place looks delicious rdr!

B: Hard boiled egg with toast and black coffee
    S: Pineapple
    L: I think I'm going to go to Whole foods and get some soup. I'm hoping they have a tomato one, it's cold here today and it just sounds good
    D: Not sure, luckily I don't have to cook tonight so I may just have a bowl of cereal or leftovers from over the weekend.

E: Zumba. Yesterday I walked 2.5 and then had stop because it was getting so dark.

Something I am proud of is not turning in homework assignments late and making sure I know exactly what is due this week/weekend. I've had the worse seniortitis since last quarter.

Something I could work on is trying to get out of bed early in the mornings. I wake up at 5 am normally but, the last two weeks I've kept hitting the snooze and then I'm almost always late for work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

B: egg on toast
    S: granola with extra raisins
    L: ham and cheese sandwich with pringles, dried apricots
    S: orange fruit cup
    D: stirfry

E: either run or 30 day fit.

I'm proud I did my homework the past two nights. I need to get back into a habit with it. I'm also happy I've been working out semi-regularly.

I need to work on working out more frequently. 4/5 times a week.

• Options
    B: Van's Frozen Waffle (97% FF), cottage cheese, mango (186cal)
    S: Coffee with french vanilla creamer (85cal)
    L: Turkey and swiss on sandwich thing, baby carrots, pear (348cal)
    S: Chobani 0% Strawberry (140cal)
    D: Chicken fajitas (383cal)
    I need about 150 more calories in here - I will probably add black beans and cheese to my dinner. 

E: 25 min pseudo-crossfit workout from pinterest. (220 cal)

I'm not particularly proud of anything at the moment. I've been slacking off at work and with exercising. I get into these super slacker periods and it bums me out, but I struggle to break the cycle. I've also been kind of a crappy wife lately. . . bleh. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bf0541bc-eb16-4832-8614-e69a7565335fPost:1b4eafbd-ee05-4ff6-9bd2-5aa9bea0e28e">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Accountability : I don't know if this is an option for you but I bring my gym stuff to work with me so that I have no excuse to go home. You could do that and tell him to meet you at the gym. That way, you're taking the initiative and not really giving him the opportunity to "talk you out of it." Before I started doing this, my FI would suggest going for drinks after work, doing this, doing that.  Now he knows I go straight to the gym from work and anything we want to do happens after. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Good suggestion, but we both work from home most of the time, so I always have my gym stuff "with" me. We go to the park to play tennis almost every day, so I just need to push us to also go to the gym afterwards, even if it's only going to be for 15 minutes, because I know that once I'm there I want to get a full workout in and I never actually leave after 15.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Today is work-from-home Wednesday... woo hoo!

B: pumpkin apple bread
    L: leftovers (brats and potatoes or hamburger helper)
    D: asian - pork shu mai, lettuce wraps, and wine

E: I ran two miles this morning in 24:08. I ran every step, which is the first step on the long road I have to get back to a half marathon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards