Not Engaged Yet

Boo

So anyone have any ghost stories???? I mean it is halloween time and all. Do you believe in them?

When is my wedding

Re: Boo

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I think I believe in them, but I don't have any real life stories of them.  I love to read the stories though.  But some of the ghost shows are a little too hokey for me.

I like to believe that ghosts of my loved ones might stick around and help me out though :)  Like me and my gpa have a song ever since he passed. 

We're watching Young Frankenstein tonight though and I'm pretty excited.  Not that that's ghosty, at all...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited December 2011
    I have a creepy story about my BF's house. 

I sleep there a few nights a week and one morning it was really raining.  I'm a really light sleeper so I heard him get out of the bed right around 3 o'clock.  I heard him go up the stairs and then nothing. 

So I waited and listened to try to figure out what he was doing.  I heard the bed that's in the guest room squeak like someone was sitting on it, then the closet door's open and slam shut (they're accordion door's so they make a lot of noise).  Right after the closet door's slammed BF opened the bedroom door.

I freaked (on the inside).  There is no possible way he could have made it from the room that's directly above the master bedroom, down the hall, down the stairs, through the living room, down the other hall and to the room I was in.  It's possible he could have made it quickly if he had run, but I think I would have heard him thundering down the stairs. 

He got back in bed and I asked him if he opened or closed the closet up there and he said no, he didn't open any doors.  He just walked up and looked out the window to see if the neighbor's back yard was flooding.  He didn't touch the bed either.

I occasionally hear what sounds like footsteps, or the floor creaking when I'm in bed and there's just a general weird feeling in that room (which is full of antique furniture and still painted like it was for the little girl the previous owners had).

Edit:  The room that's full of old furniture and painted for the little girl is the upstairs room where the noise comes from, not the room where I sleep.  I reread it and noticed it could be a little ambiguous and potentially weird if people thought the master bedroom was the one with clouds, a nursery rhyme and "Haley" painted on the walls.
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dog always barks at this one place on the wall in the kitchen at my parents house. It creeps me out. The one day I was petting him when I'd gotten home from school and he looked over at the wall, started growling, and then slowly started backing away.

Before we moved in my gma swears she saw a little girl in a nightgown standing on the "balcony" of the house when she drove by. You can't access that part of the house easily since the door to it is sealed shut. Also no kids lived in the house at the time only an elderly couple and the husband was too ill to make it up the stairs so they lived downstairs for the most part.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Someone read this story on the radio this morning and it totally creeped me out!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • edited December 2011
    OOOH - Lauren09 knows how much I hate the ghost hunter shows because for some reason they are just too over the top for me. However, we bought our house in an estate sale and it only had 1 owner who died here and no one found for several days. He was old but he was 6'3 wore 6 inch stilletos, was a hairdresser and a crossdresser (no I am not making this up we got told by his niece AFTER we signed the closing papers) WTF? LOL

Anyway, our house makes sounds ALL day, things that aren't normal. Mike used to say it was the house "settling" but now we don't know what the hell is going on. Our roof constantly makes loud moving noises (we don't have an attic) but it sounds like it;s going to break in half.

When we first moved in, I was in the kitchen and the dog started going crazy (he never barks) and I heard a knock on the front door. I went and opened it but no one was there. Mike heard what he thought were heels clicking across the floor when he was here painting alone, as well.

The one weird thing we have now is our office closet doors. They are the sliding type and I go in everyday and one side is open. I started getting pissed off and got on Mike about shutting it when he was done. He informed me he never goes in that closet (certainly not everyday). How the door is opening constantly is beyond me - it takes force.

Last night I heard piano music playing the same 5 notes over and over at 3AM. lol.

I dunno our house is just old and weird. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any ghost stories, but along the lines of scary, I can't stand watching horror movies in the theater. Watching scary movies at home? it's gravy. I just get super anxious in the theater and can't enjoy it.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Audgie,

I'm the SAME WAY.  A scary movie at home, I can survive.  In the theater, I'm a mess.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • edited December 2011
    We have a ghost at our church.  I don't know anyone who has actually seen her personally, but we've all heard the stories that people have seen her over the years.  She always looks the same, a little old lady with a hat and big purse.  When she has made an appearance, she just sits down at a table with people and smiles, never says anything.  No one knows who she is/was, but she's harmless, at least.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the opposite, scary stories at home freak me out far more than if I were at a theater. Especially if the movie is taking place in a home. EEK!

I believe in ghosts. I was pretty sure there was someone/thing was in a house I used to live in. My mom thought I was crazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't believe in ghosts, but my sister does.

An old couple used to live in our childhood home before we moved in, and apparently the man died in what was later my sister's room. So that made her nervous from the get go. She says that in her time there she saw blue lights, most in the shape of a human silhouette, some which felt friendly (she's pretty sure she actually "met" the old man at least once) and others that she was certain wanted to kill her (one she said loomed over her and started reaching out to her and she was certain it was going to kill her, but then I barged in to yell at her about something and saved her).

One of the main things that happened to make her believe is that one day her CD player went nuts. She was sleeping and it was off, and once everyone else was asleep it turned on and started cycling through radio stations, turning the volume up and down, and seemed to really like to hang out on the static-y stations (we had seen Poltergeist, so this really freaked her out). At one point when it got to a static-y station it stopped there, turned the volume all the way up for a few moments, and then the CD player turned off. She claims that this had happened a few times, but that that was the worst case of it.

Also, while we were hanging out in my room one day, we both felt my mattress bump up twice. The first time it was just a small bit and we thought we had imagined things, but then it did a big one which kind of scared us. In retrospect, it was likely a cat in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards