Not Engaged Yet

Wedding Program: WWYD?

Here is a pic of my wedding program. Umm, it might be too small to really see the words. Huh. I didn't really think of that.

Anyway, my question was what would you change? Should the wording match the formality of the invitations perfectly, or should programs be a little less formal? Are there any sections you'd change? Something else you'd include?

I asked FMIL whether she and FFIL want to include the "In Memory" section. Her mother and both his parents are gone, but I didn't want to make an assumption about how they wanted their parents listed. It kinda makes me sad because even though I never met any of them, I have all my grandparents and then some (divorce and whatnot) and FI only has one grandpa left. Frown

Of course, FMIL hasn't given me an answer yet.

Anyway, none of this info is mine (except the first name and date) so don't worry. I dunno whose program it used to be.

I am going to tie purple ribbons through the top at the fold. Cool
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Program: WWYD?

• edited December 2011
    Here, try clicking this link for the full-sized image:

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zx6q7q.jpg
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I think they're very pretty and not knowing mucha about programs I see nothing wrong with them.:-)
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I was just thinking about the date/time thing. My invitations say

"Friday, the fourth of June
    two thousand and ten
    at half past seven in the evening"

And these programs are less formal than that. But I may have been the one who changed that to be more formal in the first place...

Good grief I hate these stupid little things. Big stuff I can handle. It's little details that get me frustrated.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the phrase "half past"
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with Button , i know next to nothing about formality of things , as we will be fairly casual about things of this nature . I will say one thing though - you have good taste in your song choices , and the bride processional song is the one I am using as well - my MOH who has a voice like an angel , will be singing it actually ;)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that the less formal numbers are fine, invites are so everyone will dress up. Now that they are gussied up, they can relax. Something is off with the quotation marks though. It's like there isn't a beginning one, only an ending one. That makes no sense.

I don't think you should say in memory of, it's kinda off to me. I have a friend whose mother died and the program said something, but I can't remember what. Let me think. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think they're nice.  I would change the wording to "five in the afternoon" but the world won't end if you don't.  Cool
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I also know nothing about programs.  Maybe post this on the invites and paper board and they can better assist.  

Your programs do look pretty Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! None of the songs or anything are mine, btw. I think I see what somebody was saying about the quotation marks-- must just be the font used.

I dunno, having the same information on the front and at the top of the inside seems kind of superfluous to me. Thoughts?

Here's the wording I'm looking at:

(long, obviously)

FRONT:

The Marriage of Jeanette Lastname & Joshua Hislastname

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Friday, June 4 2010 7:30pm

INSIDE:

Josh & Jeanette

Friday, June 4 2010

Half past seven in the evening

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Wedding Ceremony

Prelude

Seating of the Parents

“You’re Nobody Til Somebody Loves You”

Bridesmaids

“At Last”

Bride

“Unforgettable”

Welcome

Scripture 1 Corinthians 13

Exchange of Vows

Excerpt:

Whistling in the Dark

Exchange of Rings

Presentation of the Couple

Recessional

“Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You”

BACK

(people's names)

In Loving Memory:

(Josh’s grandparents' names)

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have for both are infinite." -William Shakespeare

Anniversary
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they look great!

Like you said, I don't think you need to repeat this:

FRONT:

The Marriage of Jeanette Lastname & Joshua Hislastname

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Friday, June 4 2010 7:30pm

INSIDE:

Josh & Jeanette

Friday, June 4 2010

Half past seven in the evening

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Maybe you could just have your names and the date?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards