Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Questions

2»

Re: Thursday Questions

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:4d59dcfb-e6ed-4710-b815-503633deba93">Re:Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steign, I read My Sister's Keeper. Its one of my favorite books and I was so mad when I saw the movie. I think it's okay to change some things, but to completely change the ending, for me it ruined the entire dynamic of the story. I was so disappointed.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

I hated the end of My Sister's Keeper. I never saw the movie but I imagine I probably would've preferred their ending.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:4d59dcfb-e6ed-4710-b815-503633deba93">Re:Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steign, I read My Sister's Keeper. Its one of my favorite books and I was so mad when I saw the movie. I think it's okay to change some things, but to completely change the ending, for me it ruined the entire dynamic of the story. I was so disappointed.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

I know, it was really bad. I wonder how Jodi Picoult felt about it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1) What's the last book you read? Did you like it?
    I read My Sister's Keeper, it was sad.  It was ok.
    2) What are you up to this weekend?
    Lots of dance rehearsal, and friends coming over Saturday night for some board games

3) What color are your finger and toe nails?
    nails are clear, toes light pink
    4) What non-alcoholic beverage do you drink most often?
    water

5) What alcoholic beverage do you drink most often?
    red wine

6) How cold is it where you are today?
    freezing... well 26 about

7) What do you like on your pizza?
    when i ate pizza i liked it plain or mushrooms and olives.  I don't eat pizza anymore

8) What's your favorite kind of cheese?
    I loved any kind of cheese when I used to eat it.

9) How long have you been with your SO?
    over 2 years
    10) Are you a cat person, a dog person, both, or neither?
    cat person
    11) What kind of car do you drive?
    2013 honda civic
    12) What's the last movie you saw in the theater? Did you like it?
    The Hobbit, it was ok not nearly as good as the LOTR movies.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:53dc558e-6290-4c93-8f6b-79e176b6a4f7">Re:Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Thursday Questions : I hated the end of My Sister's Keeper. I never saw the movie but I imagine I probably would've preferred their ending.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the end of the book the ending made the entire book and her fight seem worthless IMO, I just finished reading it two weeks ago.  I saw the movie when it came out on netflix I much preferred the movie ending.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:864f2052-0edb-4639-a3af-d5c7c830a8ed">Re:Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Thursday Questions : I didn't like the end of the book<strong> the ending made the entire book and her fight seem worthless IMO,</strong> I just finished reading it two weeks ago.  I saw the movie when it came out on netflix I much preferred the movie ending.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

That was my thought exactly!

• After all this talk about books, I think we need to bring our NEY book club back!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:664e97a9-71ce-4985-8bd8-dc22f307b161">Re:Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Thursday Questions : That was my thought exactly!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

People have argued me against that point but to me it seemed like that.  Glad someone else agrees :-) When I knew the two different endings but it had been awhile since I had seen the movie and read the book so I didn't remember which ending belonged to the book actually.... I remember only at the very end.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:2b51421c-1d4d-4604-88e8-790fa96f594a">Re: Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]After all this talk about books, I think we need to bring our NEY book club back!
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]
    Yes I would love this!!!!!!

Anniversary

• I absolutely loved the book, and I don't think I necessarily loved the ending, or thought it was the best  but, I just hated how they made the ending so different that it drastically changed the story.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm re-reading HP. I'm currently on CoS.

Tonight BF & I are starting Insanity. Tomorrow we will be dead. Saturday & Sunday I have to work.

My fingers are unpainted and my toes have slight remnants of whatever color I last painted them in the summer Embarassed <-Same as RDR.

Flavored seltzer. Walmart makes my favorite flavors.

Wine.

14 degrees with a real feel of -3.

I don't really discriminate, although I do hate Hawaiian.

Extra sharp Vermont white cheddar.

We started dating in September. Official since November. <3

Both, but I only currently have a cat. 

2011 Subaru Legacy

Zero Dark Thirty. LOVED it. 

*******************************************************************************************

• In regards to My Sister's Keeper, I loved both the book and the movie, but I hated the end of the movie and how totally different it was from the book. When I saw the movie, I bawled from start to finish. But, I also have a sister who had leukemia, so there's that.

*******************************************************************************************

Out of Time by Deborah Truscott.  I liked it.  It's not an intelligent/good book by any means (there are tons of spelling errors and not a brilliant plot), but it was cute and up my alley.  And it was free. 

I have tomorrow off for a doctor's appointment and then I work on Saturday and Sunday. Nothing else planned really.

Fingernails aren't painted. I'm not allowed to paint them for work.
    Toenails are a cherry red color.

Milk. I looooove milk.

Erm...At home I drink Smirnoff Ice green apple.  If I'm at a bar I get a margarita (strawberry if possible).

It is 60 degrees. And raining.

Pepperoni and black olives

pepperjack.

Almost 3 years.

Both, but more cat than dog.

1992 Honda Accord

The Hobbit. I LOVED it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:d291d9df-3146-4e72-a0c0-5415b69e6bee">Re: Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In regards to My Sister's Keeper, I loved both the book and the movie, but I hated the end of the movie and how totally different it was from the book. When I saw the movie, I bawled from start to finish. But, I also have a sister who had leukemia, so there's that.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

Lots of differing opinions about the book/movie ending!! I think I cried more during the book than the movie. I'm lame like that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:e69c08fd-3b6d-406c-aad9-411d85fef1df">Re: Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Questions : Yes I would love this!!!!!!
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    I second that emotion!
  • I read The Hobbit...I still liked the movie. 

I LOVED My Sisters Keeper. I think the ending had a lot of meaning behind it, and I never saw the movie because I knew how it ended. Also, I hate Cameron Diaz and thought she was totally wrong for the Mom. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-questions-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c7f54b39-30e8-4bf7-9c9f-a91b39055c48Post:3cde600e-5d4d-430f-a1bf-5a7339f84864">Re: Thursday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read The Hobbit ...I still liked the movie.  <strong>I LOVED My Sisters Keeper . I think the ending had a lot of meaning behind it, and I never saw the movie because I knew how it ended. Also, I hate Cameron Diaz and thought she was totally wrong for the Mom. </strong>
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I wish I had known how it ended in the movie, because I wouldn't have gone to see it. Luckily I only paid $2, because I waited for it to go to the budget theater :) I didn't picture Cameron Diaz as the mom either. At all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards