Not Engaged Yet

This time tomorrow....

I will have just started my 11-hour drive down to Louisiana to see my better half!!  I am so anxious and excited!  We haven't seen each other since Christmas so it's been a loooong 2 months. 

Anyone else have any big weekend plans?

Re: This time tomorrow....

• edited December 2011
    BF's aunt (she was like a grandma to him) died suddenly on Monday... the visitation is tonight and the funural is tomorrow.  So there's a downer. ;)

Also I'm going to see a play... Pilgrim's Progress. Could be fun, could be boring, but I get credit for my class for it.

I'm so glad you're finally going to be able to see your man! That's exciting!
    Anniversary
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    very very very excited for you, S2BJ!
    my girlfriends claim we're celebrating me landing the new job, but i know they just grab at any excuse to party - not saying i mind! we'll head out for drinks after work tomorrow, then to a beach party on saturday, after i help my dad out with some business stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    That's so exciting, good luck!! :-)
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Soon2BJeterSoon2BJeter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!  I couldn't be happier!

Narwhal - Sooo sorry to hear about your loss... that's definitly a downer.. :(  Hopefully the play turns out to be good! 

Bajediva - Congrats on the job, btw!! A beach party...now THAT sounds like a good time to me...! 

And thanks Button - tooooootally exciting!!  Oh, and thanks for the luck ;)
  • edited December 2011
    oOoOoOo!!! How exciting! Get lots of rest tonight and drive safe!

No big plans this weekend, will probably go furniture shopping for the 12th time to look at bedroom furniture with my parents. It's quite sad, we went to one store so many times our salesman just says "hi, If you need a question I'll be over here" (helping these people who may actually buy something unlike you loons). Other than that I will be studying for my ISM exam and cleaning my room and doing laundry.
    imageimageimageimage
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've already made the decision that I am going to have to take some Nyquil tonight to MAKE me sleep.  I know I will be way too anxious to actually fall asleep on my own LOL

Sounds like you're alot like me when it comes to furniture shopping... I go look at the same thing a good 5 times before I've decided to buy it or not...  I guess I'm just an indecisive person or maybe I just don't want to spend my money on something I'm not 100% sure about.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-time-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cbbd504d-addb-490b-b054-c01d73231fcaPost:c690f883-404a-4ed2-a04f-6418632283b3">Re: This time tomorrow....</a>:
    [QUOTE]oOoOoOo!!! How exciting! Get lots of rest tonight and drive safe! No big plans this weekend, will probably go furniture shopping for the 12th time to look at bedroom furniture with my parents. It's quite sad, we went to one store so many times our salesman just says "hi, If you need a question I'll be over here" (helping these people who may actually buy something unlike you loons). Other than that I will be studying for my ISM exam and cleaning my room and doing laundry.
    Posted by ekathleen684[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    So excited for you! Have fun!

My weekend is jam packed. First, it's family weekend. Every year my mom and her siblings give a weekend of family time to my grandparents for Christmas. We all go over to their house and hang out. It's my grandparents' favorite weekend of the year because we all go.

Then, it's our friends' housewarming Friday night, my friend's going away party, (moving to CA) and it's the SU vs Nova basketball game Saturday!

Good thing I have a snow day today so I can get laundry and such done!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    o0o0o have fun, Soon2B!! Thats sooo exciting!

Narwal - sorry to hear about BF's aunt...that's shitty:(

We're going to visit BF's parents on Saturday with the dogs.  They're taking them while we're on our  forbidden vacation and we want to make sure the dogs are comfortable there (and his rents are too!) so we're going up for one last visit before we run off.  Also,  our really good friends are coming to the city (they leave for their vacation on Monday) so we're heading to dinner with them on Sunday. 

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wondering, how do you entertain yourself alone in a car for 11 hours?
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-time-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:cbbd504d-addb-490b-b054-c01d73231fcaPost:c6d6e60b-159f-445a-be54-c6b321b553cb">Re: This time tomorrow....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wondering, how do you entertain yourself alone in a car for 11 hours?
    Posted by Button5807[/QUOTE]

Snacks, a full iPod and lots of rocking out!

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    awesome
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was about to ask suggestions on that one Button!!  It's going to be the longest 11 hours of my life!! 

And I'll definitly take Paige's advice!!  I will be TOTALLY rocking out.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KD -  That's definitly a packed weekend!  Sounds like alot of fun though!
    edited December 2011

I know how long drives can SUCK!  One of my closest friends lives a 6 ish hour drive away so I've really learned how to amuse myself on those trips! Make sure you have yummy (and healthy) snacks, a fully charged iPod (or MP3 player) some extra CD's incase you get tired of your iPod music, and a map! 

I always try to stop every 2 or 3 hours to strech my legs as well.  Even if you only stop for 5 mins it helps to just get out of the car and take a little walk around, or into the gas station to get supplies or whatever.  I usually set goals -  I'm like when I reach place X in 2 hours I will stop and get a tea.  It really helps to break up your trip a bit!

Murried Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh, thanks for all the great ideas Paige!  I didn't even think about getting snacks for the trip..!   Heck, I'm not even fully packed yet LOL  I'm such a procrastinator sometimes....
    edited December 2011
    lol no problem hun! Have a great time with BF:)

Murried Bio
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Book on Tape!!!!!

I have to do the 7 hour drive to my parents all the time.

Book on tape SAVED MY LIFEEEEEEEE.

This weekend I need to do some freaking serious wedding stuff. I have NO VENDORS AT ALL. Gahh. I need to do some serious work.
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's exciting Soon!  Have a safe trip and a nice weekend!

I have no big plans for this weekend other than getting a lot of sleep.  I have my second big test of the week this afternoon and after that I just want to relax for a few days.  I also have to get this legal wedding stuff figured out before I put down a deposit on the venue, but I'm going to make FI take care of that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh.. book on tape - GREAT idea!  I just have to find one that won't lull me to sleep....  Any ideas?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in a Harry Potter book on tape rut. I can't help myself. The reader has such a great animated voice.

I would also recommend thrillers.
  • edited December 2011
    JD Robb books on tape make the time go by really fast! Any mystery/thriller really.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think books on tape would put me to sleep.

I know a lot of people are against this, and some states have laws, but I recommend talking on the phone. That passes time. That's what I would do on the 6 hour drive to see my ex.

Good music is a must.

Have fun! Drive safe!

My weekend-- making cheesecake pops. That's all I know of for now.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loopy  -  Thats what I'm worried about - I'm terrible at dozing in and out while driving LOL
    Oh, and my BF has already told me he'll be calling me probably every hour (once he actually wakes up) to check in.. so that'll keep me awake and pass the time! 
    Good luck with the cheesecake pops - can't wait to hear how they turn out!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

And thanks for the B-O-T recommendations ladies!

• edited December 2011
    I dunno how you feel about vegetarian/veganism but when I went to LA and knew I had a couple hour layover I downloaded "Skinny Bitch" to my ipod... it is very sarcastic and absolutely hilarious... and the reader defintiely will keep you awake.  I actually listened to it for both plane rides and the lay over... as well as the way back home.  I was pescatarian (still eats fish) at the time and went vegetarian for a while but I am neither now... although I still eat a lot less meat than most people and lots of people assume that I'm vegetarian because they never see me eat meat.  Anyways, it's hilarious.

Also, Janet Evonovich is an absolute riot... her books make you crack up... I would highly recommend them (haven't listened to them so I dunno how the reader is though).

Otherwise most of the books on tape that I've heard haven't been so exciting. 

Enjoy your trip and time with your man though! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I might have to check that out dwest!  Maybe a funny sort of BOT will help keep me awake!
  • edited December 2011
    My friends 25th birthday is today, so I think I'm going to go out and celebrate with her on Saturday night.

I'm hoping to spend a quality day with BF on Saturday though. Instead of sitting around at home, I'd like to go out and do fun little things together. What I really want to do is go skating in front of city hall, actually.

Oh, and maybe I'll get a bit more settled into the new apartment this weekend. I'm relying a bit on other people for that, and it's getting frustrating waiting!
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun celebrating Anne!  And hope you get to spend time with BF this weekend!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeter - if you're into British humor, Bill Bryson books are hilarious.

I usually check out a few bc my mood changes.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had forgotten all about this. I'm going to see the guy who is playing our reception tomorrow. He is an old co-worker of FI. He has 2 bands. One is a Garth Brooks cover band - which we are going to see tomorrow and his other is cover band of all genres.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards