Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

XP (budget weddings): here comes the...Fire hazard

my wedding is outdoors, aka little decorations. BUT we have an indoor space at the reception site in case of rain. I am looking for a way to jazz up the aisle of the possible indoor location. I may or may not to an aisle runner. 

BUT

At each aisle of chairs I would like to place a tealight in a  2 inch votive holder (we are using these at the reception...cost effective!) I was thinking of having the ushers light them right before the WP walks down on their way to their seats. 

I am allowed to have open flames at my site. 

However, a lot of ladies on my June 2010 board think it will be a hazard with people kicking them over, fabric near flames, etc.But I think flameless candles (uncovered) would look really tacky. 

Can you ladies come up with any CHEAP ways to cover the flameless candles while still seeing a "glow"? I am using vellum tubes for my table numbers, would that work in this case too? Or just look bleh.

Re: XP (budget weddings): here comes the...Fire hazard

• I concur with the ladies who said it's a fire hazard. The last thing you want is someone kicking it over or someone's shawl catching fire. I don't think flameless candles will look tacky at all. There's nothing tacky about a bride who thinks ahead to eliminate potential fire hazards. (As opposed to this link which would be pretty tacky)

Vellum will work well. We used them to cover the flameless candles that were behind our table numbers. There's a pic in bio, but it's hard to see because the picture was taken in my mother's kitchen with the light on when we made them.
  • Thanks for the ideas! And that video? YOWZA!
  • OMG, that video!  Obviously no one ever taught her "stop drop and roll!"
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards