Not Engaged Yet

White and Yellow Diamond Engagement Ring

Wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on this ring? My bf has been asking me what I like, I know I want something different and I loved colored diamond but not sure. Your thoughts?

Re: White and Yellow Diamond Engagement Ring

• Check out the thread right below your post. :) 

I think colored diamonds are lovely, but not something I would want for myself. If you want something different, does it have to be a diamond?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Yeah, I obviously love yellow diamonds, but the ones in the ring you posted aren't very good quality. I find that enhanced (aka color treated) yellow diamonds tend to look a little urine-y in my opinion. Better to look for one that has natural canary diamonds.
  • I personally don't like a lot of things about the ring. I've never been a fan of the diamonds surrounded by diamonds on a band covered in diamonds. It is not my styl at all. I also find that enhanced yellow diamonds don't look as good as natural canary diamonds, like Elle said. And I've also always had a major thing agains tear shaped diamonds for an e-ring. It's a symbol of your love, and a tear just doesn't seem right. TBH, it is not a ring I would ever wear, regardless of it it was an e-ring or not. But if that's what you like then go for it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ok.  I'll be honest.  I think that ring is FUGLY.  You can do better for that money.
  • Here is something that's "different" and has color and is NOT TackyFest 2012.

http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?forceStep=STYLE_STEP&offer_id=21015

See the difference?
  • Oh sweet baby jesus! What IS that thing??
    Ok, maybe that was a little harsh. Listen, at the end of the day, it all boils down to what YOU love. We can all tell you that we think it's icky, but do you? Or do you think it's the ZOMG most BEAUTIFUL thing you've ever laid eyes on?
    If it is, then tell bf, "THIS is my style, THIS is what I like." If not, then point him in another direction. There's a ridiculous number of pics on the engagement rings section of TK. Take a look and see what jumps out at you. Then go from there.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I don't know that I would go so far as to say it's "fugly," and I think it's fine to go with a pear-shaped diamond if that suits your taste, but I do agree that you could get much better quality for 3K.  You just need to look for naturally colored diamonds.  I also prefer when all the stones are set in the same metal, unlike the one in your link where they set the yellow diamonds in yellow gold to bring out the color more.

Are you willing to use something other than a diamond as your center stone?  You can get a lot better quality colored sidestones if you go that route, but I know it's not for everyone.
  • I'm with Tarra that finger width does make a difference, and I feel like hers is also a little artsy-er (yeah, I'm gonna ignore the fact that that's not a word) so it works.  But I agree on the four tiny little stones made to look like a bigger one.

Anyway, OP, we can't tell you what you like.  We can help you find a ring you love if you point us in the right direction, but we can't tell you what you'd be happy with.
  • Tarra - I almost feel like your halo adds texture rather than size.  It doesn't seem pretentious or anything.  It just adds visual interest.  I love your ring.
  • I personally like halo rings a lot. Like a lot a lot, however this one you posted I do not. I don't like the yellow. It looks a bit icky. I really am not a fan of yellow gold and white gold combined in one ring. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Tarra, yours is one of my favs on the board.

OP, if you love it, go for it. Personally, for 3,000 I think you could find something higher quality. Not my style.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Sorry, OP, I don't like that ring at all. 

Tarra - I don't think I've ever seen your ring!  It is lovely.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Hi Random Person on the Internet,

I'm so glad that you asked me for MY opinion.  I am sure that it is very important to you.  I am sure that it is even more important to your boyfriend.  I am sure that he really cares what a bunch of other women think about a ring that he asked YOU about. 

Signed,
    Someone who doesn't give a flying f*ck what your ring looks like

P.S.  IMHO, that ring is ugly and I would not want to ever wear it.  It is not my style at all but I would lie to a friend who got engaged and tell her that it was gorgeous.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_white-and-yellow-diamond-engagement-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ccb5d559-bb02-4f30-aa10-bb0f4769fa82Post:29d66257-497b-4a9a-b6ca-50f0d7672c2f">Re: White and Yellow Diamond Engagement Ring</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Random Person on the Internet, I'm so glad that you asked me for MY opinion.  I am sure that it is very important to you.  I am sure that it is even more important to your boyfriend.  I am sure that he really cares what a bunch of other women think about a ring that he asked YOU about.  Signed, Someone who doesn't give a flying f*ck what your ring looks like P.S.  IMHO, that ring is ugly and I would not want to ever wear it.  It is not my style at all but I would lie to a friend who got engaged and tell her that it was gorgeous.  
    Posted by TheMutleys[/QUOTE]

<3
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Oo that ring is one tacky mess. I don't like anything about it...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't fancy unnatural and treated diamonds. If you wish for colored diamonds which I think will add personal touch you can see some here: 

Good luck - as long as she says yes Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards