Not Engaged Yet
Options

WR: Lets talk invites

I am working out our invites and got a quote from Cards&pockets.com.

I am just wondering how much invites were for you married ladies and for those of you getting married here shortly?

How many did you have?
Did you order them online?

Thanks!

Re: WR: Lets talk invites

• Options
    In my wedding budget, I have that my invitations cost $337. I believe I ordered 110. This included a flat invitation, a postcard sized RSVP card and envelope, a business-card sized card with hotel info on it, and a pocketfold with envelope.

I used Vistaprint coupons for the invitations, RSVP and hotel info card. I believe I ordered the pocketfolds from cards & pockets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    According to my excel sheet (still hanging out on my google drive) we spent a little under $200 for invites, reply cards, extra envelopes and post-card type rehearsal dinner invites. We ordered 100 (only needed 65 or so but they were in blocks of 50 - from 123print.com)
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    I don't know how much my invitations actually were separately because I ordered a whole wedding package from a graphic designer. According to her website, if I had JUST ordered the invitation sets (invitation, envelope, RSVP postcard, enclosure card) it would have been $325 for 100. I booked her, proofed, and ordered everything online. 

Edited to delete stray parentheses.

• Options
    Okay so our quote wasn't unreasonable. With the pockets, the mats, invite wording, rsvp, reception card, and envelopes we're looking at $2.76 an invite at 200 invites and that is with them priting the information.

I bought a groupon for VP for $100 worth of items that I could use for the directions card and hotel information.

• Options
    I am probably on the pricier end of things here. I spent about $330 for 55 invites at weddingpaperdivas.com. This included the STD post cards, invites & envelopes, directional cards, RSVP cards & envelopes. It also included 10 additional envelopes for each. I had used a 20% or 25% coupon code...so that saved me some money. I am VERY happy with the quality of all my stationary.
  • Options
    So another question. My mom seems to think that you have to have the RSVP in an envelope. However, I've received several that we just wrote on and sent back, without an envelope and they had a stamp on. The RSVP size is 3.5 x 5.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-lets-talk-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d71eafed-b3b4-47ed-bbe5-19fced1e317fPost:5ba198f2-101e-4981-b25e-71d2c2008837">Re: WR: Lets talk invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]So another question. My mom seems to think that you have to have the RSVP in an envelope. However, I've received several that we just wrote on and sent back, without an envelope and they had a stamp on. The RSVP size is 3.5 x 5.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I have RSVP postcards for my invitations and I think they're great. Also, the stamp costs less. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wr-lets-talk-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d71eafed-b3b4-47ed-bbe5-19fced1e317fPost:5ba198f2-101e-4981-b25e-71d2c2008837">Re: WR: Lets talk invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]So another question. My mom seems to think that you have to have the RSVP in an envelope. However, I've received several that we just wrote on and sent back, without an envelope and they had a stamp on. The RSVP size is 3.5 x 5.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I think that's fine, <a href="http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/mailcharacteristics/cards.htm" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#0000ff">here's what the post office</font></a> says about the size of a postcard.</div><div>
    </div><div>We had an envelope, but you don't HAVE to have one. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    I spent $30 on 60 invites from Michaels. I'll probably only send about 45 of those, and it'll probably cost about $1.50 in postage each (for invitation plus the RSVP stamp). I'm doing little envelopes for my RSVPs since that's what came in my kit hah. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    I was in the same boat as beads! I just bought the ones from Michaels and printed them myself. I loved how they turned out. 
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    We are looking at about $6-$7 per card with a pocket fold, invite, reception card, response, lined envelope, and return envelope. I'm buying Disney branded invites though and only 75 so this maybe why they are expensive. We may not need the reception card though which would also nix the need for the pocket fold bringing them down to $4 each.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards