Not Engaged Yet

About time (WR)

TK tells me:

and I finally have a bridal party.  Something stupid happened and, since I'm a waffler who overthinks and re-overthinks everything, I decided not to send out those painted wooden initials I made (I'll still give those to the girls, just at a later time).

Finally, yesterday afternoon, I decided I really had to get my sh*t together and I made this:

(I wonder if it'll be big enough to see when you click it.  If not, I'll upload it to a host)

and emailed it to everyone, then sat at my computer with my heart pounding waiting for responses.

Anyway, everyone accepted and they're really excited.  FSIL #1 bought her dress already, and FSIL #2 called me in tears this morning to tell me how happy she is.  MOH already knew she was involved, but liked getting the official invitation, and other BM has been emailing me questions (about dresses, bachelorette plans, etc) all day.  The enthusiasm makes me really happy; I genuinely wasn't expecting it.

And that's all for this pointless post.

Edit:  here's a bigger image (click)

Re: About time (WR)

• Aww YAY! It feels so good when your BMs keep your enthusiasm alive... trust me when I say mine really saved my enthusiasm when I was having a hard week here and there.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_about-time-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dadc5305-c0c6-430c-8fb0-1d81e6b02211Post:2076a24f-844f-4935-9c88-75413d7c57b3">Re: About time (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww YAY! It feels so good when your BMs keep your enthusiasm alive... trust me when I say mine really saved my enthusiasm when I was having a hard week here and there.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's already kind of reignited my enthusiasm.  Until yesterday afternoon I was feeling more stressed and anxious than excited.
  • I love it! How cute!

Anniversary

• Yaya!  That is great Elle.  I am still waiting for mine to show up in my email!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_about-time-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dadc5305-c0c6-430c-8fb0-1d81e6b02211Post:0f7e6b76-23d0-4ab0-b83d-7f9de59889f8">Re: About time (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaya!  That is great Elle.  I am still waiting for mine to show up in my email!
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

<3
  • That is super cute and a great way to ask!
  • <3  I do love your strip though, super cute!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Yay Elle! I really like the photo strip (and I squinted to read it before I saw you posted a larger one at the end)!! 

I'm so glad they're hyping you up again. Bridesmaids are the perfect Rosie to your Sophia Grace!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Yay!  Finally you're getting your act together.  :-p Love the idea, and I am sure glad to hear that your BMs enthusiasm is making your feel good.  Like Raven I'm still waiting for my letter, unless you're bringing it to Maui as a wedding gift, in that case I can wait. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_about-time-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dadc5305-c0c6-430c-8fb0-1d81e6b02211Post:3769e91e-2193-4053-949e-1c571fd54080">Re: About time (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  Finally you're getting your act together.  :-p Love the idea, and I am sure glad to hear that your BMs enthusiasm is making your feel good.  Like Raven I'm still waiting for my letter,<strong> unless you're bringing it to Maui as a wedding gift, in that case I can wait. </strong>
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Naturally.

Also, just fair warning:  after I have to change out of my wedding dress because it gets doused with champagne and torn during our wrestling match, I intend to put on a coconut bra and grass skirt.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_about-time-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dadc5305-c0c6-430c-8fb0-1d81e6b02211Post:f0266f0b-ee51-425a-8237-e22bb256f57e">Re: About time (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: About time (WR) : Naturally. Also, just fair warning:  after I have to change out of my wedding dress because it gets doused with champagne and torn during our wrestling match, I intend to put on a coconut bra and grass skirt.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

You shall be a never ending source of entertainment at my wedding, now I won't have to hire a hula dancer and fire walker.  I'll just booze you up and send you out to the dance floor.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_about-time-wr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:dadc5305-c0c6-430c-8fb0-1d81e6b02211Post:7ed8299a-e75e-4092-a290-e8f6503b3f66">Re: About time (WR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: About time (WR) : You shall be a never ending source of entertainment at my wedding, now I won't have to hire a hula dancer and fire walker.  I'll just booze you up and send you out to the dance floor.  :)
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Haha.  I can't be held responsible for any collateral damage.
  • That is absolutely adorable!!

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Too freakin' cute.  I love it!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Super cute, Elle! I'm so excited for all you girls getting close to your dates. . . I remember my 100 day mark (sorta). It all goes by so fast - don't forget to take a minute every now and then to file away in your memory bank :) (I may be feeling nostalgic and a little KUI, sorry for that). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards