Not Engaged Yet

Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long)

Okay,

I know I haven't been on here much.... I have been crazy with work lately, and getting ready to go back to school.

So First: Raven, congrats on the engagement, love.... Your ring is effing gorgeous! :) So happy for you!!

Peek: I'm finishing up your scarf, and then both that and the check will be in the mail to you!!

Lunar: Rock on, Lady!! So excited to hear about the house. :) I can't wait to see how you decorate!!

So, updates:
1) Boss adores me, and loves me being in the PM position. The two of us get along well, and work well together, better than he and Ex-PM did
2) I love my new job and responsibilities, and i am excited to learn more
3) I HATE training new people....especially when I don't have full confidence in them
4) My ex-PM (who is now a sales rep) is going to get a swift kick in the a$$ by yours truly if he doesn't quit trying to sabotage me.
5) I picked up my school books yesterday (3 classes) $537.99....wtf over...ffs seriously?? UUUUGGGGGHHH... I swear to God that the classes cost less than my books!
6) The next couple weeks at work are going to be veeeeery interesting.
7) BF and I are doing well - we are really trying to work together to keep the house looking nice so that I don't have a panic attack about going back to school
8) We decided (along with his parents) to wait 6 months to buy a house (they have to co-sign because of the work agreement he has with his dad..it makes it hard for him to get a loan by himself...and my credit blows)
9) We started talking more about weddings, and marriage...and he thought about doing a destination wedding (so as that certainfamily members are hindered in coming).
10) BF has decided that since we agree we don't want to go in debt for a wedding, that he doesn't want to spend more than $2000 for a wedding....and expects that if my mother is paying for my sister to go to MSU (She never EVER put money towards my schooling), that she can put something towards something for me. (I know my mother, ...never has done anything for me in my whole life) I suppose I should mention that any talk of this conversation....leads to disagreements and just....ick....
11) I'm just feeling overwhelmed lately, and am missing you ladies.  I hope all is well in your worlds and hope that life is treating you well! :)<3<3 *hugs*

Re: Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gahblah-ventrantjustrambling-toomay-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e979117a-84a2-480e-beff-a26a4ed2611cPost:fcb06c7b-5c79-44d9-9bdb-5e85341321a2">Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]5) I picked up my school books yesterday (3 classes) $537.99....wtf over...ffs seriously?? UUUUGGGGGHHH... I swear to God that the classes cost less than my books! 
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]<div>Sorry, I didn't want to quote the whole thing. Sounds like everything is going great with the job, which is wonderful to hear! I totally feel you on the text books though... My first semester, my textbooks were twice as much as my tuition! Part of it was because I had a couple scholarships, and I had to get a whole bunch of reference books, which really add up!

</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gahblah-ventrantjustrambling-toomay-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e979117a-84a2-480e-beff-a26a4ed2611cPost:e83657fa-78fd-4156-a08f-42cc42f5382f">Re: Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long) : Sorry, I didn't want to quote the whole thing. Sounds like everything is going great with the job, which is wonderful to hear! I totally feel you on the text books though... My first semester, my textbooks were twice as much as my tuition! Part of it was because I had a couple scholarships, and I had to get a whole bunch of reference books, which really add up!
    Posted by tdwpg1984[/QUOTE]

<div>It irritates me because the one book is especially printed for the school. The second? Has an electronic web code/login/key thing that makes ordering online sketchy because online can't guarantee that the bookw ould come with it....stupid a$$ college...</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on enjoying your new job position!

It seems like the magic number for school books is in the $500 range, so lame.  I gave up on buying books near the end of college and it worked out well for me, actually.  Maybe you can get away without some of those books?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gahblah-ventrantjustrambling-toomay-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e979117a-84a2-480e-beff-a26a4ed2611cPost:f5047bef-98ad-4938-aedb-b8cb03e38c74">Re: Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on enjoying your new job position! It seems like the magic number for school books is in the $500 range, so lame.  I gave up on buying books near the end of college and it worked out well for me, actually.  Maybe you can get away without some of those books?
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

<div>I've tried this...from what I understand from people who have taken these classes....everything comes from the books :( Stupid professors</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gahblah-ventrantjustrambling-toomay-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e979117a-84a2-480e-beff-a26a4ed2611cPost:cb2d4dd4-873c-4f4e-90ab-fcd3b684f39b">Re: Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long) : It irritates me because the one book is especially printed for the school. The second? Has an electronic web code/login/key thing that makes ordering online sketchy because online can't guarantee that the bookw ould come with it....stupid a$$ college...
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, sometimes they're really stupid about stuff like that. For one of my courses I e-mailed the prof to see if the first edition of the textbook would be ok, but he said no the second edition was required. Probably because he wrote it. Well on like the 3rd day of classes, of course after I had opened and started reading and highlighting the textbook he talked about how there were really only a couple little paragraphs added to the second edition and none of them were really that important. So I spent like $150 on a new textbook when I could have gotten it used for like $70! <div>
    </div><div>The best thing about my current school is the course fee includes the cost of the textbooks, and there are very few hidden costs. The only thing I have to pay for would be if I need a course extention, and my exam fees. Unless I want to fly to Alberta to write it for free there. I might consider writing my exam on campus if for whatever reason I happen to be there for some other reason when I'm ready for an exam....</div>
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Irish, I'm so excited.  And I promise as soon as I get word that it's in the mail, your pillowcases go in the mail.  (Nothing against you, I'm just paranoid.)  :)

I'm glad you're enjoying your new job, and you should totally give ex-PM a swift kick in his manly tenderness.  Just because he's a douche.

As far as books go...that sucks balls.  I wish there were a better way :(  School had these stupid lab notebooks we had to buy from them for all of our chem classes...they were like $30 a notebook.  Out. Rageous.  Also, model kits...$35.  
    I french with my man
    edited December 2011
    Peek, no worries. :) The scarf isn't quite long enough. I figure I will save a little on postage and mail both together... So nooo biggies :) will let you know when it's in the mail :)
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_gahblah-ventrantjustrambling-toomay-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e979117a-84a2-480e-beff-a26a4ed2611cPost:fcb06c7b-5c79-44d9-9bdb-5e85341321a2">Gah....blah (vent/rant/just...rambling too...may get long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]10) BF has decided that since we agree we don't want to go in debt for a wedding, that he doesn't want to spend more than $2000 for a wedding....and expects that if my mother is paying for my sister to go to MSU (She never EVER put money towards my schooling), that she can put something towards something for me. (I know my mother, ...never has done anything for me in my whole life) I suppose I should mention that any talk of this conversation....leads to disagreements and just....ick.... 11) I'm just feeling overwhelmed lately, and am missing you ladies.  I hope all is well in your worlds and hope that life is treating you well! :) <3 <3 *hugs*
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

Have you seen this website?
    <a href="http://2000dollarwedding.com/" rel="nofollow">http://2000dollarwedding.com/</a>

I miss you too!!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We miss you, too, hun!

I'm glad things are going well with your new position and boss!  That is fantastic.

And I am totally jealous that you all are exchanging DIY goods.  I wanna participate!  I have some amazing avocados in the backyard that I'm willing to exchange...
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Ry!!! *tackle hug*  I have MISSED you!  So much!

Thanks so much for the congrats :)  I really do love my ring beyond belief!

I am so glad the job is going well!  What is EX-PM trying to do?  You can do it!  BTW you're awesome!

Books suck.  I hate buying them.  I try to buy them online as soon as they put them up, which saves me a bunch of money.  Also Amazon does buy backs and if you keep your books in good shape it is a pretty good deal, for some books.

Sounds like you and the BF have had some good talks!  That is awesome!  I love you lots <3 I don’t have any advice on the mother thing.  I am not good with mothers.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    SKP, if you would like a scarf, I can add yours to the list...I just need a fave color. (I have to finish Peek's, lunar's and Raven's first :-P).

Liv,
    Ahhh the thing is that we KNOW his parents, my grandparents, and even my dad will give us money....and why should my mother be any different?? I think the thing that bothers him is that my mother will shell out money hand over first for my sisters and even my brothers (who live in a different state with my dad) and not me.

Raven, :) Again, I'll repeat...I'm crashing...so just be prepared :-P

Lunar, No - I haven't checked out that website...I will have to do that. At this point the only timeline we have discussed is that #1House, #2Wedding #3Kids....that's about it...oh...and that he doesn't want to wait 5 years. *rolls eyes* But whatever...I'm okay with it I guess. He has always done things at his own pace...that ain't gonna change now
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Miss you irish!

You've got a lot going on...just remember breath, make time for yourself and enjoy/appreciate the things that are going well!
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Irish - I would looove a scarf!  Can I get a light pink and ivory one?

Do you want some avocados?  Seriously.  Our tree is weighed down from them and they are frickin' delicious.  Laughing  I sent some to a friend in OH and FILs in PA and they traveled just fine.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards