Not Engaged Yet
Options

I like to kick! Stretch! And kick!

My mom is turning 50!
Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiehDcVZ-vA

So my sisters and I are planning some stuffs for her bday. I was googling ideas for what to give her and I liked the idea of gathering pictures of her from all 50 years of her life (of just her, her with people she loves, etc.). What should we do with those pictures? She said  she doesn't "want anything from us" as a gift, which makes the senitmental type gifts ideal. And we are planning some special stuff for her (weekend with her siblings, all day birthday day activities with her favorite daughters).

TIA for your ideas! Also we have 4 weeks left.

Re: I like to kick! Stretch! And kick!

• Options
    What about getting a book made with all the photos in it? My mind is completely drawing a blank on all the website that do this - but you can design it online and they'll print and mail you a hardcover book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-like-to-kick-stretch-and-kick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9b1ec2f-eac2-4dc4-9808-68575456de66Post:d41e652e-6575-43f4-a676-b6eb64809f3d">Re: I like to kick! Stretch! And kick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about getting a book made with all the photos in it? My mind is completely drawing a blank on all the website that do this - but you can design it online and they'll print and mail you a hardcover book.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

Blurb.com does that! Good idea.
  • Options
    I saw something cute on pinterest (obvi) where the kids contacted mom's friends and family, in your case it would be 50 people total, and they all wrote letters to her.  So, she had 50 letters from friends and family to open that day.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-like-to-kick-stretch-and-kick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9b1ec2f-eac2-4dc4-9808-68575456de66Post:6ce0ec72-b1b2-4ad4-93f6-a1f4d89a5971">Re: I like to kick! Stretch! And kick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw something cute on pinterest (obvi) where the kids contacted mom's friends and family, in your case it would be 50 people total, and they all wrote letters to her.  So, she had 50 letters from friends and family to open that day.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>This is absolutely adorable. I might need to do this next year when my mom turns 50!  (Remind me, please.)</div>

• Options
    buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    I like the photo book idea.  Snapfish is also a good place to do that as well.  Maybe have with each picture a birthday message from the person who is in the picture with your mom (if you can).

If I think of anything else I'll post it, I'm a little brain drained today.

ETA-I put wrong family member.  I told you I'm brain drained lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-like-to-kick-stretch-and-kick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:e9b1ec2f-eac2-4dc4-9808-68575456de66Post:8fa69865-3a77-4cc8-9eb8-33508669f177">Re: I like to kick! Stretch! And kick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I like to kick! Stretch! And kick! : This is absolutely adorable. I might need to do this next year when my mom turns 50!  (Remind me, please.)
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

VERY cute. Thanks Peek!
  • Options
    I just threw a 50th party for my mom. I made scrapbook pages and put them on a poster with not super sticky tape so I could put them in a scrapbook after :)
  • Options
    Everyone has very good ideas.For Xmas my mom requested an updated family photo. So my brother, sister and I, along with all of our SO's and my niece ( I imagine there is a better way to phrase that gramatically, sorry) all went to a portrait studio and framed some updated pictures for her.  She loved it. Even though we are all adults, she still loved the group photo.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards